Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Queen, 60 years reign. Diamond Jubilee.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the queen has nothing to do with all the 9500 members of UK military forces in Afghanistan?
    Last edited by Marcov; 06-08-2012, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• i still dont know what the queen does apart from take our money?

Comment

• Meh, hats of from a dumb fat yank, to the Queen Mum. Never could understand the big infatuation some over on our side of the pond have with the Royal family, (my mom LOVES watching that shit), but I can appreciate the history, and tradition behind it.

P.K., your bike is still slow, and you smell like dookie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcov View Post
          So the queen has nothing to do with all the 9500 members of UK military forces in Afghanistan?
          And how does that affect your opinion of her?

Originally posted by byrdgang View Post
          i still dont know what the queen does apart from take our money?
          They make 200 Mil, cost 40 Mil, 160 mil is what she makes for us, How much do you make for the UK? That doesn't include tourists, but you can include yours.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Meh, hats of from a dumb fat yank, to the Queen Mum. Never could understand the big infatuation some over on our side of the pond have with the Royal family, (my mom LOVES watching that shit), but I can appreciate the history, and tradition behind it.

P.K., your bike is still slow, and you smell like dookie.
          Your mum (UK spelling) is cool, she likes it, we like it. The history of the Royal family is pretty damn long.

Again, I ask anyone, OK, so you don't like them, so should we get rid of them just like that? If your answer if yes, show me a pic of you doing your job and I will tell you how much worth you are to the UK and if we should shoot you.

My bike is very slow now.

Not sure if your saw in the car thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
            And how does that affect your opinion of her?

They make 200 Mil, cost 40 Mil, 160 mil is what she makes for us, How much do you make for the UK? That doesn't include tourists, but you can include yours.

Your mum (UK spelling) is cool, she likes it, we like it. The history of the Royal family is pretty damn long.

Again, I ask anyone, OK, so you don't like them, so should we get rid of them just like that? If your answer if yes, show me a pic of you doing your job and I will tell you how much worth you are to the UK and if we should shoot you.

My bike is very slow now.

Not sure if your saw in the car thread.
            Let's put this into perspective.

First the 200m figure depends on which sources you want to use.

Second the Queen doesn't make 200m (let's assume it's that, but that takes into account a whole range of income etc which would have been received anyway due to them being tax payer funded en******, so it's hardly her bringing it in). It's the history of the monarchy that's the attraction and the main income producer when all of the en****** paid for by UK benefits are removed.

And sorry to disappoint you, but at no point do tourists have a meet and greet with the Queen. It's the history and sites that raise the cash. Hence why France's royal sites still attract huge visitors despite them having abolished theirs.

If the Queen had been born as someone else (say a girl on a deprived council estate) you think she'd be bringing in 200m? I doubt it.

Or do you think figure would be much different if Prince Charles had been king for the last 60 years? It's safe to say there would be little difference.

Thirdly, why is it unreasonable to have an elected head of state? If the Queen wants to stand and the people vote her in, fine. But she shouldn't be there due to hereditary reasons.

Your head of state should be there on merit. The UK has war veterans who campaign against imperialism, carers who have wiped asses their entire lives etc. and they all did it for nothing and expected nothing.

What better people to represent your country. People who have worked hard to try and produce a better society.

Defend the Queen all you want. But in the grand scheme of things she's done very little compared to others who have made great sacrifices for nothing. And done nothing more than what most other people would have done if they had been born into her privileged position.
            Last edited by salitap4p#1; 06-08-2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by salitap4p#1 View Post
              Let's put this into perspective.

First the 200m figure depends on which sources you want to use.

Second the Queen doesn't make 200m (let's assume it's that, but that takes into account a whole range of income etc which would have been received anyway due to them being tax payer funded en******, so it's hardly her bringing it in). It's the history of the monarchy that's the attraction and the main income producer when all of the en****** paid for by UK benefits are removed.

And sorry to disappoint you, but at no point do tourists have a meet and greet with the Queen. It's the history and sites that raise the cash. Hence why France's royal sites still attract huge visitors despite them having abolished theirs.

If the Queen had been born as someone else (say a girl on a deprived council estate) you think she'd be bringing in 200m? I doubt it.

Or do you think figure would be much different if Prince Charles had been king for the last 60 years? It's safe to say there would be little difference.

Thirdly, why is it unreasonable to have an elected head of state? If the Queen wants to stand and the people vote her in, fine. But she shouldn't be there due to hereditary reasons.

Your head of state should be there on merit. The UK has war veterans who campaign against imperialism, carers who have wiped asses their entire lives etc. and they all did it for nothing and expected nothing.

What better people to represent your country. People who have worked hard to try and produce a better society.

Defend the Queen all you want. But in the grand scheme of things she's done very little compared to others who have made great sacrifices for nothing. And done nothing more than what most other people would have done if they had been born into her privileged position.

Nice reply, got to say, so what do you do and where is your pic?

Yeah sure people do come for the architecture and to take pictures of the buildings, but they come knowing that the Queen lives there. They come and have a shot with the Royal guards. Whatever sources you use, it is not in minus. That does not include tourism BTW.

Even when it comes to tourism, you get people buying merchandise etc... and it is on their to do list.

I would safely assume if France still had a Royal family, it could generate more revenue.

I know soldiers paratroopers, they talk about their role as any other, as a job. In fact the ones I have met do not have an attitude of 'I fight for your country' and all that bull****. They are humble and really only went to do what they do as any other, it was an opportunity to earn a salary.

My point is, she was not born on a council estate but is what she is. There is no, what if someone else ws there or anyone else would have done the same. You are what you are, and the people who say what if annoy the **** out of me. She is there, as Queen and as far as I am concerned, I like her.
              People who come up with the bull**** that oh there are others who have sacrificed more and got nothing need to stop crying.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                what exactly does the queen do? what exactly has she ever done? i don't understand this english royalty stuff. you have a prime minister so what the hell has the royal family ever done for england? kind of seems pointless to have a queen when you already have a prime minister...
                Head of state role I guess, instead of a President. Places like Greece have a Prime Minister but also have a Pres. to call elections etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uns View Post
                  Well since you didn't reply, that Sultan of Bharain or whatever lunch didn't make a difference to me. I post a pic of the Queen was chillin' with Obama who is far worse.

So I didn't quite get your post lamo.
                  My point was the queen is friends with dictators and people who have blood on their hands, including Obama. That's the woman you're so proud of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    My point was the queen is friends with dictators and people who have blood on their hands, including Obama. That's the woman you're so proud of.
                    It's a different world for those on top, Speedy. We're just scum in the eyes of them all. The point you make is one that has already been made throughout history. Most people with an extreme amount of money and/or power would likely have cut cards with the devil at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      I see, I guess eating with someone means you're friends these days. Thanks for that.

I guess you eat alone a lot?

Comment

Working...
                      X