**2012 NBA Playoffs Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pugilistic™ View Post
    Don't worry, i am.

Spo is also getting the blame for hardly improving our offense since last year.

Only good thing he has done this year is utilize LeBron and Wade in the post more. He also had them playing a faster pace at the start of the year but that pace dipped dramatically after the all star break. After that the same old **** with iso plays and pick and rolls.

He still hasn't utilized Bosh properly either. That guy should be getting more touches a game.
    That's what happens when you have 3 star players and 2 of those star players are basically the same player, and those same 2 players are basically PGs.

It would be like the Knicks having 2 Carmelos. Win some games but chemistry is off.

Comment

LeBron has had his moments in the clutch much like Wade,Durant,Kobe, etc have. The difference is that they are allowed to miss where Bron isn't.

Every player has fans that talk **** by the way yet they don't get this kind of hate.

From what i remember LeBron didn't touch the ball on the final possession.

The ball was inbounded to Wade after he came off a couple of screens. He then dished it to Rio who used a pump fake to get Collison in the air and then shot a 3 which missed, Battier grabbed the rebound and retreated to the 3pt line but by then it was too late to get a shot off.

Unlike alot of teams the Heat have the luxury of being able to put the ball in more than one players hands. I would understand if LeBron was passing to Chalmers and make him make the big shot but he's not. He's putting the ball into a finals MVP multi time all stars hands lol.

I don't care who gets the ball late whether it be Wade or LeBron as long as they take a good shot or make the right basketball play. I wouldn't even mind Bosh getting the ball late on. His ability to hit the j but also put the ball on the floor is not utilized enough by Spo at all.
      sorry, i meant the possession prior to that where they were still trying to tie the game.

he got the ball early but you can clearly see he didn't want any part of it and gave it to shane in the corner where he really can't do anything with it.

shane gave it back to him and lebron never bothered to attempt an offensive move but rather pass it promptly to wade.

i just don't understand why he doesn't take charge in that spot.

maybe i'm kinda disappointed since it's something you expect from the likes of mj, kobe, bird or the other greats.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        That's what happens when you have 3 star players and 2 of those star players are basically the same player, and those same 2 players are basically PGs.

It would be like the Knicks having 2 Carmelos. Win some games but chemistry is off.
        No, that what happens when your coach has the offensive sets of a high school team......... if that of course.

I do somewhat agree with you though. James and Wade play alot alike but there are ways for them to play off each other and they have shown signs of being able to do that. It hasn't been consistent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
          sorry, i meant the possession prior to that where they were still trying to tie the game.

he got the ball early but you can clearly see he didn't want any part of it and gave it to shane in the corner where he really can't do anything with it.

shane gave it back to him and lebron never bothered to attempt an offensive move but rather pass it promptly to wade.

i just don't understand why he doesn't take charge in that spot.

maybe i'm kinda disappointed since it's something you expect from the likes of mj, kobe, bird or the other greats.
          Yeah i remember now.

My guess is Wade had some position on the smaller George Hill in the paint and on a normal day, Wade would of taken advantage and scored. It's the right basketball play to make even if it isn't fancy.

Comment

Yeah i remember now.

My guess is Wade had some position on the smaller George Hill in the paint and on a normal day, Wade would of taken advantage and scored. It's the right basketball play to make even if it isn't fancy.
            i respect your opinion but this thing about lebron has come up so many times before.

i don't hate him at all but i kinda see a pattern late in the game, especially in big games, where he would defer to wade.

Comment

i respect your opinion but this thing about lebron has come up so many times before.

i don't hate him at all but i kinda see a pattern late in the game, especially in big games, where he would defer to wade.
              I do know what you mean.

There has been some games where LeBron has deferred to Wade late on but he has had his moments late in games.

To me it don't matter who gets the last shot, both of them are capable.

Comment

No, that what happens when your coach has the offensive sets of a high school team......... if that of course.

I do somewhat agree with you though. James and Wade play alot alike but there are ways for them to play off each other and they have shown signs of being able to do that. It hasn't been consistent though.
                Yeah but there is only so much ball to go around.

If there are 300 touches a game and LeBron and Wade are getting 120 a piece. What do you expect? They aren't really running plays either. More of an offense off the break, rather than the half court game.

So you know? What can you expect? lol

Comment

I do know what you mean.

There has been some games where LeBron has deferred to Wade late on but he has had his moments late in games.

To me it don't matter who gets the last shot, both of them are capable.
                  i agree they're both capable so it really doesn't matter.

i maybe overanalyzing but i feel that wade just like the other big stars don't really care if they miss the big shot. they're comfortable in that spot.

i sense lebron is worried he may miss and gets criticized for it more.

Comment

i agree they're both capable so it really doesn't matter.

i maybe overanalyzing but i feel that wade just like the other big stars don't really care if they miss the big shot. they're comfortable in that spot.

i sense lebron is worried he may miss and gets criticized for it more.
                    LeBron probably cares more than those other guys because he gets major hate when he does miss where Wade doesn't.

Wade missed a easy layup and i doubt many will mention it. Most fans will mention the fact LeBron missed two free throws though.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Yeah but there is only so much ball to go around.

If there are 300 touches a game and LeBron and Wade are getting 120 a piece. What do you expect? They aren't really running plays either. More of an offense off the break, rather than the half court game.

So you know? What can you expect? lol
                    Spo does run plays on a regular basis. The problem is that it's always the same damn plays lol.

I not worried if Wade/James/Bosh shoot majority of the shots because those guys should be getting alot of shot attempts. I just hate it when the team doesn't throw different looks at the defense they going up against by doing the the same pick and roll from the top of the key time and time again. There are so many more things this Heat team can do on offense yet Spo seems content with our stagnant one on one offense.

I would also like to see some shots go to our bench guys. Spo literally don't run any plays for our shooters like Miller. Miller gets paid close to 6 million a year to stand in the corner and wait for a catch and shoot oppurtunity. It's pathetic really.

Comment

• gotta love them lebron apologists..

Comment

Working...
                      X