Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Your right it's a matter of opinion but Eminem for the record was far from being the first ever white MC that was respected. 3rd Bass was doing that more than a decade before.

I respect Eminem but I just feel that what he did wasn't ground breaking because hip hop had already moved into the modern era.

Rakim can be argued that he was the catalyst that thrust hip hop into what we know today. I mean rappers were basically saying things like "yes, yes yall and you don't stop" until Rakim came around. Dude is like the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop.....
    you beat me to it by a minute, ol' school.

Comment

Dude, 3rd base wasn't **** and you know it.

They had a couple of radio friendly songs that became club bangers, but as far as being real, raw, dangerous emcess go, they certainly weren't THAT.

You can't sit there and tell me people respect MC Search as much as they do Eminem. Not with a straight face, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I love Rakim, but you're delusional if you think he's had more overall impact on the game than Eminem. He's well respected across the board by hip hop fans old and young alike, yes. But he hasn't been relevant since the duo broke up back in what? '92?
        being relevant now means nothing

rakim change the game and influence more great rappers than eminem has

Comment

Same goes for Everlast, IMO. Though to a lesser extent because Whitey Ford was 10 times the emcee Search ever was, IMO.

Comment

They had a couple of radio friendly songs that became club bangers, but as far as being real, raw, dangerous emcess go, they certainly weren't THAT.

You can't sit there and tell me people respect MC Search as much as they do Eminem. Not with a straight face, anyway.
            honestly bro, mc serch was well respected in the industry. nas made his debut with serch years ago. they were featured numerous times on hip hop shows, arsenio hall, the source mag and other rap and rnb publications.

as respected as em? no. but he was a ground breaker. he was the ground breaker for white emcees...beastie boys are not being overlooked, i just think most of their music was more rock than rap.

Comment

come on big l needs some love on here. maybe not the GOAT but he's a top MC and was way before his time. Had crazy punchlines

Comment

Same goes for Everlast, IMO. Though to a lesser extent because Whitey Ford was 10 times the emcee Search ever was, IMO.
                dude....you should really listen to some of that old 3rd bass **** - or listen again.

Comment

Beastie Boys were the ****ing ****. I don't care what anybody says. I still bump them in the car at least once a week.

Comment

You must be young man, because 3rd Bass was very respected. They didn't just have a few club bangers, their entire first album was heat and they had severe, The Bomb Squad and Prince Paul produce their albums......lol

You are also making the very mistake I talked about earlier, you cannot compare groups or MC's to each other, you can only compare them to their era's. While Eminem is a much bigger commercial success and has a much wider fan base because of the way media has changed in 20 years, don't think that 3rd Bass wasn't influential in the fact they were white and had street cred.

By the way 99% of these so called MC's aren't dangerous, the real gangsters are in prison or dead.

Comment

and KRS is cool but he annoys me by trying to act like "HE IS HIP HOP" or this and that. that whatever he says is what goes. Always dissing new school rappers and gets mad when the new generation dont play him. well **** adapt or stfu. and no man is "HIP HOP"

Comment

Working...
                      X