Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as overall impact goes Eminem murders everybody on that list.

But lyrically and substantively Rakim and KRS can compete with him.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
      It's a toss up imo, between Lil Wayne and Fabolous.

I'm sick of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim getting glorifed all the time. They were good, yes, but get to much praise for something they really aren't.

Mad respect to Jay and Nas, two legends who've done it all.

Sorry, but in todays world, the likes of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim would just be a poor mans version of Cassidy.

Lil Wayne is the greatest thing to happen in hip hop since Vanilla Ice, someone who actually revolutionized the game. Say what you want Vanilla Ice, he paved the road for whites in the rap game. Without Vanilla, we wouldn't know who Eminem is today.

There is absolutely no MC like Lil Wayne, he would shred any of those bum ass old rappers you can name, and that's a fact.

I put Fabolous due to personal bias. He's a great rapper, love him.

Some days I wonder if Lil Wayne is even human.
      Lil Wayne is probably one of the worst things to happen to music, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        As far as overall impact goes Eminem murders everybody on that list.

But lyrically and substantively Rakim and KRS can compete with him.
        the only thing eminem has over rakim is album sales

rakim beats him in classic albums,lyrically and influence

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
          It's a toss up imo, between Lil Wayne and Fabolous.

I'm sick of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim getting glorifed all the time. They were good, yes, but get to much praise for something they really aren't.

Mad respect to Jay and Nas, two legends who've done it all.

Sorry, but in todays world, the likes of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim would just be a poor mans version of Cassidy.

Lil Wayne is the greatest thing to happen in hip hop since Vanilla Ice, someone who actually revolutionized the game. Say what you want Vanilla Ice, he paved the road for whites in the rap game. Without Vanilla, we wouldn't know who Eminem is today.

There is absolutely no MC like Lil Wayne, he would shred any of those bum ass old rappers you can name, and that's a fact.

I put Fabolous due to personal bias. He's a great rapper, love him.

Some days I wonder if Lil Wayne is even human.
          I'm not biting, like I told you you are slippin in the troll game. Your like a past his prime fighter, your the Margarito of BS.

Comment

I love Rakim, but you're delusional if you think he's had more overall impact on the game than Eminem. He's well respected across the board by hip hop fans old and young alike, yes. But he hasn't been relevant since the duo broke up back in what? '92?

Comment

I love Rakim, but you're delusional if you think he's had more overall impact on the game than Eminem. He's well respected across the board by hip hop fans old and young alike, yes. But he hasn't been relevant since the duo broke up back in what? '92?
              What does the year have to do with it? Who do you think was more of an influence, Prince or James Brown?

Prince might have been bigger in terms of success but if it wasn't for James Brown there is no Prince or Michael Jackson for that matter.

It's the same with Rakim, when everyone else was doing party rap and basic lyrics, he was doing stuff MC's wouldn't do until about 20 years later and that's no exaggeration. So his influence on the genre was much greater even though Eminem was so commercially successful.

Comment

You don't have to "school" me on Rakim's legacy, I'm a fan, I'm well aware of what the man accomplished. I'm just saying that it's my opinion that when it comes to overall impact on the game, Eminem has him beat. As easily as you bring up what he was doing being ahead of it's time I could just as easily bring up Em's lyrical style being uniquely his own, or his breaking of new ground being a respected white emcee, or his work with Dre, to his signing and launching the career of 50 Cent, etc...

But I won't because this isn't a court case, it's a matter of opinion.

Comment

Comment

You don't have to "school" me on Rakim's legacy, I'm a fan, I'm well aware of what the man accomplished. I'm just saying that it's my opinion that when it comes to overall impact on the game, Eminem has him beat. As easily as you bring up what he was doing being ahead of it's time I could just as easily bring up Em's lyrical style being uniquely his own, or his breaking of new ground being a respected white emcee, or his work with Dre, to his signing and launching the career of 50 Cent, etc...

Your right it's a matter of opinion but Eminem for the record was far from being the first ever white MC that was respected. 3rd Bass was doing that more than a decade before.

I respect Eminem but I just feel that what he did wasn't ground breaking because hip hop had already moved into the modern era.

Rakim can be argued that he was the catalyst that thrust hip hop into what we know today. I mean rappers were basically saying things like "yes, yes yall and you don't stop" until Rakim came around. Dude is like the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop.....

Comment

the bold - you may not have been saying it but em wasn't the first respected, white emcee. Mc Serch and Everlast got love in the hip hop glory years.

Comment

Working...
                      X