Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MC. Eminem, Scarface, KRS-One, Nas, or Rakim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you dont have Rakim as #1 it simply means you are young and/or you dont know enough about the history of rap.

Before Rakim say pre 1985, the best and most feared mc was Curtis Blow,,,noone would battle this cat. Although he was great with the "party" and "dissing" genre his rap style was on par with that generation's symplistic rap style... EVERYONE rapped like this....From the Bronx, Brooklyn, to Queens,,,,forget anywhere outside NYC because rap at this stage was still being invented...

Then there was Rakim,,,with complex wordplay, sharp tight rhymes, vivid and relavant metaphors, and a command of linguistical skill never seen before. Not only was his sound new it totally expanded the limmitless bounds of what rap can be...

He created a blueprint for how rappers write and became a standard for which rappers even today are compared.

No other rapper in history will have this much imfluence, period. To deny this is just ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      The first one that you have to check out is microphone fiend.

And remember that it was written around 1986/87.
      I just listened to it. He's pretty good on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammySosa View Post
        If you dont have Rakim as #1 it simply means you are young and/or you dont know enough about the history of rap.

Before Rakim say pre 1985, the best and most feared mc was Curtis Blow,,,noone would battle this cat. Although he was great with the "party" and "dissing" genre his rap style was on par with that generation's symplistic rap style... EVERYONE rapped like this....From the Bronx, Brooklyn, to Queens,,,,forget anywhere outside NYC because rap at this stage was still being invented...

Then there was Rakim,,,with complex wordplay, sharp tight rhymes, vivid and relavant metaphors, and a command of linguistical skill never seen before. Not only was his sound new it totally expanded the limmitless bounds of what rap can be...

He created a blueprint for how rappers write and became a standard for which rappers even today are compared.

No other rapper in history will have this much imfluence, period. To deny this is just ignorance.
        Dude you can't go around saying that off of others personal preference and opinion. Haha. Not everyone is going to rank or like who you like. MC's, rappers, whatever are ranked by PERSONAL preference and opinion. That's just stubborn to force someone else onto someone else just because you think so.

People from different regions like different things. Not everyone will think like you think. All personal preference and opinion.

I know grown folks that love Soulja Boy. Do I knock them for it? Only in fun but at the end of the day, I'm not them.

Comment

• Nas is the best rapper and has the best discography out of the ones listed. So he's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
            Dude you can't go around saying that off of others personal preference and opinion. Haha. Not everyone is going to rank or like who you like. MC's, rappers, whatever are ranked by PERSONAL preference and opinion. That's just stubborn to force someone else onto someone else just because you think so.

People from different regions like different things. Not everyone will think like you think. All personal preference and opinion.

I know grown folks that love Soulja Boy. Do I knock them for it? Only in fun but at the end of the day, I'm not them.
            See, thats what I've been trying to tell you, I haven't stated an opinion on what I like but what is ACTUAL FACT.

I, and many others who were actually there in NYC can attest to Rakim's significance... NOONE before Rakim wrote like him. Thats not an opinion, that is fact. He revolutionized rap, expanding its borders. Again that is fact. I never said I liked his music, Im merely stating what is undebatable.

You simply dont understand because you dont know the history.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammySosa View Post
              See, thats what I've been trying to tell you, I haven't stated an opinion on what I like but what is ACTUAL FACT.

I, and many others who were actually there in NYC can attest to Rakim's significance... NOONE before Rakim wrote like him. Thats not an opinion, that is fact. He revolutionized rap, expanding its borders. Again that is fact. I never said I liked his music, Im merely stating what is undebatable.

You simply dont understand because you dont know the history.
              You said if you don't have Rakim as #1.... what about those that live in NYC and as old as Rakim and love Hip Hop but don't have him as #1 or even top 5?

Comment

You said if you don't have Rakim as #1.... what about those that live in NYC and as old as Rakim and love Hip Hop but don't have him as #1 or even top 5?
                Forget NYC and age, if you know the history of rap, it is self evident that Rakim is the greatest MC of all time.

I dont know where you are from but NYC musically in the late 80's to mid 90's was unparalled in terms of innovation, creativity, and out right brilliance. Before there was yo mtv raps there was Video Music Box where you can witness new styles as they were being INVENTED.

It is sad that young people like yourself dont know.

Comment

Not true, it's the same way we judge Ali vs Tyson or Robinson vs Mayweather. You have to understand the ENTIRE picture in order to have a logical, unbiased opinion.

If you go simply on what you like, then your rating isn't very valid. I mean I don't like country music but I would be an idiot to suggest that some of those people who write their own music, compose, sing and play instruments aren't talented.

Liking someone is very different than respecting what they did for the genre.

Comment

• Versastyle you are not going to win this argument. you need to take out sometime to educate yourself on hip hop before you speak on any of these hip hop legends
                    Last edited by heat27; 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                      It's a toss up imo, between Lil Wayne and Fabolous.

I'm sick of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim getting glorifed all the time. They were good, yes, but get to much praise for something they really aren't.

Mad respect to Jay and Nas, two legends who've done it all.

Sorry, but in todays world, the likes of Scarface, KRS, and Rakim would just be a poor mans version of Cassidy.

Lil Wayne is the greatest thing to happen in hip hop since Vanilla Ice, someone who actually revolutionized the game. Say what you want Vanilla Ice, he paved the road for whites in the rap game. Without Vanilla, we wouldn't know who Eminem is today.

There is absolutely no MC like Lil Wayne, he would shred any of those bum ass old rappers you can name, and that's a fact.

I put Fabolous due to personal bias. He's a great rapper, love him.

Some days I wonder if Lil Wayne is even human.
                      People are knocking this but there is reality in this.

Powerful posting sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X