Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    I grew up with Pac, will always be partial to Pac... but I rock with both of them... just depends on my mood.
    RJJ grew up with Tupac????

Comment

• I also used to feel that Biggie was overrated because of his premature death, but as I've gotten older I've looked behind the one-dimensional song content and realized that he was an extraordinary talent.

We may not agree with his lifestyle or the one that he promoted, but it clicked with the people that it clicked with and told a story that was unique and foreign to what most people are used to.

Plus his style; he was far more versatile with his delivery than 2Pac. Look at "Notorious Thugs" with Bone Thugs and Harmony. He was able to switch from his own style to rap like Bone Thugs, incredible.

Look at his freestyles; "I got seven Mac-11's, about eight, .38's. Nine 9's, ten Mac-10's, the ****s never end." Genius how he took numbers and made wordplay out of it.

I read a book by Eric Michael Dyson about 2Pac and he basically said that Pac didn't have the mechanics of most of these guys, but he brought it together with who he was as a person.

Comment

• Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        RJJ grew up with Tupac????
        Nah... he grew up with me.

Comment

• Personally, I'm in a Biggie phase, 2Pac has been kind of played out for me because of how many times I've put the same songs on loop. I hope he grows with his next album.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Nah... he grew up with me.
            Oh yeah. Haha!

I musta forgot...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
              I also used to feel that Biggie was overrated because of his premature death, but as I've gotten older I've looked behind the one-dimensional song content and realized that he was an extraordinary talent.

We may not agree with his lifestyle or the one that he promoted, but it clicked with the people that it clicked with and told a story that was unique and foreign to what most people are used to.

Plus his style; he was far more versatile with his delivery than 2Pac. Look at "Notorious Thugs" with Bone Thugs and Harmony. He was able to switch from his own style to rap like Bone Thugs, incredible.

Look at his freestyles; "I got seven Mac-11's, about eight, .38's. Nine 9's, ten Mac-10's, the ****s never end." Genius how he took numbers and made wordplay out of it.

I read a book by Eric Michael Dyson about 2Pac and he basically said that Pac didn't have the mechanics of most of these guys, but he brought it together with who he was as a person.
              Preach

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Ryan View Post
                I also used to feel that Biggie was overrated because of his premature death, but as I've gotten older I've looked behind the one-dimensional song content and realized that he was an extraordinary talent.

His lyrical ability? Yes he was, to me with Pac's flow you can sit back and vibe with it. Everyone probably has someone they know or themselves with one of Pac's songs. I don't know if many can say that about Biggie. He had tons of talk about dealing, gun play, violence. The goons could relate more I bet. Haha

Comment

• How dare you. You losin points man.

BIG is one of the best to ever do it. He only came out with 2 albums? That should prove how great he was. 2 albums and he shook shit up so much that he can be spoken in the same breath as Nas, Pac, and Rakim.

It's evident of his greatness when you have the best "mainstream rapper" stealing his lyrics and shit.

I can't even believe this thread. Pac is one of the best ever but again, as evident of his shit. BIG had people flippin their shit with just 2 albums and people still try to rip his style.

NAS = GOAT. if you really want to get down and dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
                    His lyrical ability? Yes he was, to me with Pac's flow you can sit back and vibe with it. Everyone probably has someone they know or themselves with one of Pac's songs. I don't know if many can say that about Biggie. He had tons of talk about dealing, gun play, violence. The goons could relate more I bet. Haha
                    I agree that Pac was far more versatile with regards to lyrical content, he was just a deeper person than Biggie was.

But Biggie had songs that you could vibe with like Big Poppa, Juicy. Biggie could also give you the standard verse/chorus/verse track like Unbelievable, the kind of underrated tracks that won't chart but gets play to this day on Hot97.

But generally, 2Pac appealed to more demographics with his educated song content.

Comment

• It' all subjective anyways.

Everyone likes different ****, so everyone rates different aspects of hip hop differently.

Whats more important to you, isn't as important to others.

Comment

Working...
                      X