No announcement yet.

A Thread of Inspiration/Motivation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    No matter how hard it gets, I'd rather be a soldier drowning in my own blood than a coward in my own piss" - Chino XL

Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it –Prefontaine

Chino XL one quality

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wonderful thread. Green K on its way.

Comment

I'm trying to get my roadwork right up man so heres some running quotes so I don't half a-- it .I want to start digging deep .Not marathon style training but hard and fast roadwork so the quotes will do

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision.
            Muhammad Ali
            We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.

You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming.

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
            It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
            Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.
            It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
            It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
            when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

Comment

Run like hell and get the agony over with.
              The only tactics I admire are do-or-die
              Once you're beat mentally, you might as well not even go to the starting line.
              "The will to win is worthless, without the will to prepare.

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

Comment

Comment

Some good contributions in this thread gentlemen

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
                  I'm trying to get my roadwork right up man so heres some running quotes so I don't half a-- it .I want to start digging deep .Not marathon style training but hard and fast roadwork so the quotes will do

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision.
                  Muhammad Ali
                  We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.

You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming.

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
                  It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
                  Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.
                  It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
                  It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
                  when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
                  Prefontaine for the win!

Comment

"Pain is temporary, it will eventually subside and something else will take its place. But if I quit however that will last forever"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X