Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok gentlemen, id like a mans point of view......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    The number one cause of failing relationships is that people don't want to put in the effort to make them work. You get people with bullshit like "I still love her but I'm not IN LOVE with her".

Garbage. You need to expend constant effort to make a relationship work. Life is not a romance novel, and not just because life doesn't have stupid shirts and silly haircuts.

i agree. and i see/hear my female friends doing that..and while some of them are with really decent men, i find that theyre lazy and complacent. "you know i love you" bla bla bla.

just cos you may have said it 6 years ago doesnt mean they still know it. esp when you treat other women....differently.

Comment

Originally posted by nillamilkshake View Post
      awwww. sweet but naive

doing audits at work...i'll argue with you later

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Women are like cars.

A little loving care, followed by a whole lot of wide open throttle.
        and men are like donkeys. they work hard, but at the end of the day theyre still an ass.

just kidding, i love men.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          doing audits at work...i'll argue with you later
          promises promises.

pfffft

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
            Women are a lot like guns, keep one around long enough and you'll want to shoot it.
            hahahahahahahahaah

i can laugh cos..i work with all women.

so i feel the same way.

ok, but im different. i dont cause that kind of feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAV1$ View Post
              Kidding, of course... currently in a long term relationship I'll help with your thread when I've got a moment.
              thank you

Comment

That's the thing with some woman, as far as relationships. Compromise too much, and they think they can run over you. Not enough compromise, and your a dick head. It's a like trying to balance yourself on a tight rope, while juggling flaming chainsaws.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  That's the thing with some woman, as far as relationships. Compromise too much, and they think they can run over you. Not enough compromise, and your a dick head. It's a like trying to balance yourself on a tight rope, while juggling flaming chainsaws.
                  balance. you hit the nail on the head.

whats good for you is good for me.

i think thats a good place to start, dont you? ok. its not a constant...thing like a tally sheet. there will be times when you have to compromise more cos shes going thru somth, but then the same is true, if like, you lose your job or your mom dies. shes gotta give more, etc.

Comment

Ok I'll give this a shot.

1. what does commitment mean to you? To be all-in knowing bumps and risks are going to be involved.

2. what does being in a relationship/marriage
                    mean to you? Your life is over lol. Seriously, to me it means she's different than the rest and worth the leap

3. how do you feel about your woman
                    remaining an individual in your relationship? No problem with it.

4. what will you not tolerate in a relationship? Suffocation, lies and uncontrollable jealousy.

5. what does compromise mean to you? That both parties will understand that giving in is now an option.

6. how do you keep the love alive...in other
                    words, how often do you feel you have to
                    reinforce the feeling to your woman that 'shes
                    the one' or that she is appreciated? Reinforce? Never. Appreciate her like you always have. Be spontaneous and at the same time consistent.

Appreciate her by making sure when you converse that it isnt an obligation but an actual interest that you have of her. Do small **** like smile when she tells her story, poke fun at her and "cuddle"(blah) when she's bugging during a game

Comment

Originally posted by nillamilkshake View Post
                      i have 4 really close girlfriends. and three of them are experiencing their marriages/relationships failing.

i happen to be their ear/shoulder...and dont share with the others what they say. there is a common theme tho, and its upsetting to me.

so, while i have deep knowledge of a womans point of view (and i know all relationships are unique, people are different,etc) i would really like to know a mans point of view...

1. what does commitment mean to you?
                      2. what does being in a relationship/marriage mean to you?
                      3. how do you feel about your woman remaining an individual in your relationship?
                      4. what will you not tolerate in a relationship?
                      5. what does compromise mean to you?
                      6. how do you keep the love alive...in other words, how often do you feel you have to reinforce the feeling to your woman that 'shes the one' or that she is appreciated?

i know its a lot. but im baffled. i dont understand why people who are obviously head over heels with one another...STILL after so many years...let bull**** get in the way. and im equally baffled why people who DONT feel that way about each other are STILL in relationships that arent failing.

sigh
                      I'll answer this once I've had more to drink.

Comment

Working...
                      X