No announcement yet.

NBC: George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    there's only more to the story if you chose to believe Zimmerman's side of the story. fact is, no one called the police about having been broken into that night, and Treyvon didn't commit a crime.

what makes Treyvon out to look and be suspicious? that's where the racial aspect comes in.. because from what I've read he looked like any other 17 year old boy. nothing suspicious about it.. which at that point you can only question was it about his color... not to mention how Zimmerman says in the 911 phone call "they always get away".. who's they?
    Nothing suspicious about any person walking at night in the rain in a community that has had recent breakins and the takes off running from a neighborhood watch guy? Sorry buddy, you can't infer it was racially motivated that easily. Zimmerman made a stupid, very stupid decision and he must be held accountable, but to jump to conclusions and say it was racially motivated is in poor judgment.

Apparently having no history of racism and no evidence of racism = racism now.

We have real problems with racism in this country that should be addressed. Your going to allow the media to toy with your mind and make this manufactured racism your cause?

Two white men murdered 3 innocent black men this week in Oklahoma. Ensure those guys get whats coming, they are the real scumbag racist.

A 78 year old white man was beaten by a group of black teenagers for "revenge" for Trayvon.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      I think he should get charged with murder. It wasn't a hate crime but he clearly wanted conflict. Even if he did not have in mind to actually kill a person, he clearly wanted a fight on his hands.

He created a conflict by pursuing and then confronting the kid, willingly creating a hostile situation. Thus he becomes the aggressor and as the conflict happened, he decided to shoot and kill an unarmed person. That's murder.
      I agree, with this.

Comment

there's only more to the story if you chose to believe Zimmerman's side of the story. fact is, no one called the police about having been broken into that night, and Treyvon didn't commit a crime.

what makes Treyvon out to look and be suspicious? that's where the racial aspect comes in.. because from what I've read he looked like any other 17 year old boy. nothing suspicious about it.. which at that point you can only question was it about his color... not to mention how Zimmerman says in the 911 phone call "they always get away".. who's they?
        I don't believe anyones story right now. I'm not about to look like a fool when it comes out at trial that he did or did not murder Trayvon. If I did, I'd probably be just as stuck on stupid as everyone else and just damn the judicial system for either prosecuting an innocent man or letting a guilty man go. There's more of a personal incentive to blindside yourself when you make these bold judgments prematurely and publicly.

There is no reason to believe, nor to discount Zimmermans story at this point. None once so ever. Only a fool or someone with more knowledge given to the general public can do this, but everyone seems to have maken up their mind one way or another. Both are wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          I agree, with this.
          i also agree with it though I can't say for sure that would be murder. It depends on the state statute and Zimmermans state of mind. My gut tells me he didn't intend to murder Trayvon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
            An innocent man would act that way if he felt his life was threatened. This is just another case of black people jumping the gun and just reacting out of race. Kind of the same thing when Obama got elected and black people that didn't give a crap about any election prior to this one, "had to come out and make a difference".
            Strongly agree with you...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post
              Nothing suspicious about any person walking at night in the rain in a community that has had recent breakins and the takes off running from a neighborhood watch guy? Sorry buddy, you can't infer it was racially motivated that easily. Zimmerman made a stupid, very stupid decision and he must be held accountable, but to jump to conclusions and say it was racially motivated is in poor judgment.

We have real problems with racism in this country that should be addressed. Your going to allow the media to toy with your mind and make this manufactured racism your cause?

Two white men murdered 3 innocent black men this week in Oklahoma. Ensure those guys get whats coming, they are the real scumbag racist.

A 78 year old white man was beaten by a group of black teenagers for "revenge" for Trayvon.
              Treyvon was racially profiled though. Being profiled isn't racism, it's just caution. So to say race wasn't involved at all, is naive. But it wasn't a crime based on hating black people. It's obvious it wasn't because he wouldn't have called the police if he just wanted to kill a black dude.

But race did play a factor because he was profiled as a guy up to no good based on the way he appeared. Which is profiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hous View Post

Looks like the media did it again. Here is one of those "white" men, er Cherokee Native American.

Who claimed on his facebook page that his father was murdered by a black man, so I'm not sure it's some sort of copycat of the TZ case.
                Last edited by 2shameless; 04-11-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

what made Zimmerman believe Martin was a thief? all he had in his hands were skittles and Arizona iced tea..
                  If I recall, they were in his pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                    If I recall, they were in his pocket.
                    an arizona iced tea fits in your pocket? interesting.. lol

Comment

• my whole thing about Zimmerman's side of the story was it doesn't add up is all

Comment

Working...
                      X