Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horge View Post
    This Lounge...

**Using Google-fu to compensate for comicbook ignorance**

Not sure if "Kingdom Come"* counts as comic-book canon, but...
    Superman cut himself mishandling a magical sword wrought by Hephaestus.
    If light contact like that could make him bleed, then it seems to follow that
    Mjolnir would ****ing squash him into paste and bone splinters.

*I need brain bleach after slogging through THAT load of silliness, sorry.
    If you don't like the subject, why argue?

Your point is right on, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      It's different from writer to writer. Since Thor isn't as ubiquitous as Superman, his powers can come off a little more loosely defined. But if we're going with Odinforce Thor, I think he's shown to be PLENTY fast. Personally, I don't think he should be Flash levels of speed. Maybe on the Quicksilver level. Maybe.
      See its stuff like moving at the speed of light, flying to the sun in seconds or keeping up with surfer that are weird highpoints followed by ulik getting the drop on him, or thor having issues keeping up with mongoose. His speed seems to rely on who hes fighting.

Comment

Make a deal with a God? Unless he can make himself immortal (and you'd think if it was "nothing" he'da done it already), he cannot lift or handle Mjolnir. Thus ensuring himself an ass whoopin.
        No man, get another god to handle the weapon by some sort of deal. Then boots 2 asses.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          No man, get another god to handle the weapon by some sort of deal. Then boots 2 asses.
          lol at what point in this debate of a one on one arena fight was it said that Superman was allowed to enlist the help of Jehova to sneak attack Thor and steal his hammer?

Pac vs. Mayweather analysis: Floyd is the more technically proficient fighter, but if Pac hires a hitman to ice him in the locker room, he wins by default! Pacquiao TKO 1!

Comment

No they're not. They were based on a design of his father's and he perfected this. I'm serious. I can show you the issue if you want.
            Yes I've seen the cartoon where he has these metal wrist things that shoot spiderwebs out of it. But I prefer the movie version where the webs are coming straight out of his body. Seems more natural.

And Batman is clearly a superhero. He's gone toe-to-toe with metahumans both good and evil and come out on top.
            I guess. Again I'm more going with the movie version and not the mixed world where Superman, Batman, X-Men and the Fantastic Four all exist at the same time, encountering each other. In that sense, Batman never faces a Alien from another planet.

Comment

Goku anally molests them both while eating a bucket of chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Yes I've seen the cartoon where he has these metal wrist things that shoot spiderwebs out of it. But I prefer the movie version where the webs are coming straight out of his body. Seems more natural.

I guess. Again I'm more going with the movie version and not the mixed world where Superman, Batman, X-Men and the Fantastic Four all exist at the same time, encountering each other. In that sense, Batman never faces a Alien from another planet.
                Since Pea is a fellow comic geek, I'm guessing he's talking about the comic book versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                  Its weird. Thors speed is really ambiguous. Sometimes hes like the flash and than other times hes having speed problems with the hulk.
                  Hulk is real big but he isn't slow just bulky because of all the muscle. But his powerful legs allow him to run many miles per hour at top speed and leap entire continents. Just imagine Hulk in the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                    Hulk is real big but he isn't slow just bulky because of all the muscle. But his powerful legs allow him to run many miles per hour at top speed and leap entire continents. Just imagine Hulk in the NBA?
                    Well hes not slow but hes kinda comic book slow.
                    Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

If you don't like the subject, why argue?
                      Because I found something relevant to your discussion, and
                      in bbforum-civicmindedness, wanted to help your discussion
                      along. BTW, I was into DC comics in the early 70's... before
                      things started getting too weird for me, lol.

Your point is right on, though.
                      As I said, I thought it relevant to your discussion.

On that note... I'll repeat:
                      Someone here ventured separating Mjolnir from Thor, which
                      seems as arbitrary as venturing a Superman without powers..

I agree Goku anally molests them both...
                      and the thing about the bucket of (orange) fried chicken.

Comment

Working...
                      X