Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thor vs. Superman...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna presume that this has to be a straight up, no weapons. Therefore Thor would be disqualified for using a hammer.

Without the hammer, he is ****ed. So either way, Superman wins.

Thread closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      I'm gonna presume that this has to be a straight up, no weapons. Therefore Thor would be disqualified for using a hammer.

Without the hammer, he is ****ed. So either way, Superman wins.

Thread closed.
      Well that's dumb. It's like saying Green Lantern can't use his ring, Spider-man can't use his webshooters or Batman can't throw his batarangs.

Comment

It's nothing for Superman to make a deal with a god. Thus separating Thor from Mjolnir and commence the ass whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          It's nothing for Superman to make a deal with a god. Thus separating Thor from Mjolnir and commence the ass whoopin.
          Make a deal with a God? Unless he can make himself immortal (and you'd think if it was "nothing" he'da done it already), he cannot lift or handle Mjolnir. Thus ensuring himself an ass whoopin.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
            Lol like Mjolnir is made out of Kryptonite...

The only thing superman has to do is to catch mjolnir and fly it into the sun there by depowering Thor and making him a mere mortal to be easily slain.

Easy work!
            Except Mjolnir's magical properties that make it unable to be lifted by anyone that is not Thor or deemed worthy by Odin. Also superman is also weak against magical based attacks. Superman however is way faster so he should be able to jet around and avoid getting licked by the hammer. But if he messes up and takes a lick he's down.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Well that's dumb. It's like saying Green Lantern can't use his ring, Spider-man can't use his webshooters or Batman can't throw his batarangs.

No, not quite the same. Those aren't object weapons. The webshooters are a part of Spiderman's physique and while the ring does give Lanterns his power, it isn't a direct weapon. A hammer is. And Batman shouldn't even be compared unless it's against another regular human martial artist/masked vigilante.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                No, not quite the same. Those aren't object weapons. The webshooters are a part of Spiderman's physique and while the ring does give Lanterns his power, it isn't a direct weapon. A hammer is. And Batman shouldn't even be compared unless it's against another regular human martial artist/masked vigilante.
                No they're not. They were based on a design of his father's and he perfected this. I'm serious. I can show you the issue if you want.

And Batman is clearly a superhero. He's gone toe-to-toe with metahumans both good and evil and come out on top. If you don't think he should be able to, that's fine. You can have your own version of the character that doesn't do that. But in the official history of the character, he has shown more than capable of defeating people with much more power than himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  Except Mjolnir's magical properties that make it unable to be lifted by anyone that is not Thor or deemed worthy by Odin. Also superman is also weak against magical based attacks. Superman however is way faster so he should be able to jet around and avoid getting licked by the hammer. But if he messes up and takes a lick he's down.
                  Its weird. Thors speed is really ambiguous. Sometimes hes like the flash and than other times hes having speed problems with the hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                    Its weird. Thors speed is really ambiguous. Sometimes hes like the flash and than other times hes having speed problems with the hulk.
                    It's different from writer to writer. Since Thor isn't as ubiquitous as Superman, his powers can come off a little more loosely defined. But if we're going with Odinforce Thor, I think he's shown to be PLENTY fast. Personally, I don't think he should be Flash levels of speed. Maybe on the Quicksilver level. Maybe.

Comment

This Lounge...

**Using Google-fu to compensate for comicbook ignorance**

Not sure if "Kingdom Come"* counts as comic-book canon, but...
                      Superman cut himself mishandling a magical sword wrought by
                      Hephaestus. If light contact like that could make him bleed, then
                      it seems to follow that Mjolnir would squash him into paste.

I don't see the point to separating Thor from Mjolnir. That's
                      about as arbitrary as venturing Superman without powers.

*I need brain bleach after slogging through THAT load of silliness, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X