Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right to Work Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. did you read the Right to Work Laws definition so you can debate it more properly?

Probably not.

Comment

unions pay electricians, plumbers, laborers, etc what they are worth. i dont know auto industry but i know construction. i know that non union construction workers are under paid and over worked. you can make the teamsters are lazy argument but thats teamsters.

Comment

It already passed in my state

Comment

Seems like it's not a bad piece of legislation to me.
          If the description is true it's giving workers the option not to be forced to join the local union charter when they are hired because many jobs require you too currently.

Comment

I think you do need some union leadership. There is still companies taking advantage of employees .

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
              I worked with the Detroit Carpenters Union, we made some incredible things.

The non-union companies companies pay under the table, saving themselves money by finding some dreamy eyed idiot to work for $14 an hour under the table with no bennies, while working uninsured by his employer, the fool thinks that he's making out.

Nobody in the Union is forced to work for only one company in his life. This simple over sight shows your ignorance to the subject. After graduation, if I chose I could have gone out to Vegas where it was booming. I could go to California to work in HollyWood fabricating settings and such. I could have gone any where to work with any other Union company that I liked, anywhere.

The Union is the people for the people. In the Corporate picture you are nothing but work mules. You mean nothing, are worth nothing and they won't be shy in letting you know this, especially come pay day.

DO NOT LET OUR UNIONS DIE!!! If you do then we, as American workers, will have to stand to fight for the rights that you are giving away more day by day. We may be down with the economy but we are not out. As America became fat and complacent they let their rights slip away from them. Taken by corporate for corporate.

We the people, in order to form a more perfect Union........

In the future it will be revised just as our constitution has been recently, it will read...

We the Corporation, in order to form a more productive work force.

How much do you believe they will be paying for more production out of it's work force once the Unions are gone. Don't give away that for which much blood was spilled just to attain, That being a safe place to work, a wage from which you can live on and a gaurantee of your well being through life in exchange for your lifes work............Rockin'

Every right to work State has unions, so how will a rtw law change that here in Michigan or anywhere else that is an at will state. The union should be a choice and for that reason I would vote yes.

Comment

Good job Michigan. I wonder what Rockin thinks about this.

Comment

Working...
                X