No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Do you guys think there will be less murders and less crime if guns didn't exist?

So the magic genie is gonna make all guns disappear?

My two other wishes are a pair of hot lesbians who are into me, and I can survive with 20 million.

Those are my three wishes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1-Nil 2 Arsenal
      never play with a used car salesman.

he can sell ice to an eskimo.
      but no haggle pricing is supposed to clean up the bad salesmen

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      So the magic genie is gonna make all guns disappear?

My two other wishes are a pair of hot lesbians who are into me, and I can survive with 20 million.

Those are my three wishes.

man, living in MD i hear so much nonsense about people shouldnt have guns etc blah blah blah

every state that borders MD has carry conceal permits, MD does not

MD has a higher hand gun death rate than EVERY state that borders it...

so yeah, lets take more guns from people

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        Jesus Christ how the fuck this thread turn into a hate on PB thread?
        Awwwwwww........

Comment

• Originally posted by 1-Nil 2 Arsenal
          maryland is a pretty safe place though.

i think it's just baltimore and travelling scum from d.c. that bumps up the numbers. yes? no?
          the whole baltimore/DC corridor is going to shiiit TBH, and thats the population density right there.

western MD isnt bad but its more like PA and WV than MD. also the eastern shore is fairly low crime, but its more like delaware

its just the balt/dc area that reminds me of ATL/Detroit etc where our main crime is focused

Comment

• 2010 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...crime-us-state

Comment

2010 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

gold star

in 2009 there were 33,808 persons killed in motor vehicle crashes in the US in 2009

i'd say ban motor vehicles first

Comment

2010 - the latest year for which detailed statistics are available - there were 12,996 murders in the US. Of those, 8,775 were caused by firearms.

The highest crime rate is in DC where they have the most restrictive gun laws.

Comment

Do you guys think there will be less murders and less crime if guns didn't exist?
                  If guns didn't exist, or if guns were illegal?

If they didn't exist, well, then I'd say yes, but then again we might be a completely different type of society in general if guns were never invented. So you can't really say. Lets just say there was a magical scenario where all the guns in the world disappeared, and it was somehow magically rendered impossible to never build another gun again. . I'd say, YES, PROBABLY. .. I doubt it would be that significant, though. . Countries with high rates of crime and murders, wouldn't see that drastic of a reduction.

If guns were made illegal, then np. . You'd have MORE crime because of the new law making guns illegal, and hardly anybody giving their guns up. LEss murders? PROBABLY. . But once again, it wouldn't be "that drastic" of a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    There are way more cases of accidental death or suicide involving firearms than cases like this where a gun is used to prevent a crime. These "what if" scenarios make for good copy, but they're not a realistic reflection of what gun ownership means.

first of all that is just not true
                    if you're talking about people regular folks like you and me that might be true. very rarely do you hear of people acutally preventing crime directly with their guns via threats or shooting somebody.

all cops in the states carry a gun. it's an integral aspect of the institution. force.
                    it's at least a small part of the stoppage of almost all crimes.

and suicides in my experience arent often via gunshot outside of the movies. lots of the people who kill themselves are young and they might not have the access to guns an older person might.

adult men perhaps shoot themselves more than other methods. i dont have the numbers in front of me, obviously.

i'm 100% for the right for certain people to own a gun. dont own one myself. hope i never need one.
                    it might be an american thing

it certainly doesn't come down to anything other than whatever stance a man takes. there are arguments for and against the right to own a gun. it's subjective.

curiously, are you american?

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                      The highest crime rate is in DC where they have the most restrictive gun laws.
                      they had mandatory minimum sentencing on possession didnt they? i know its been overturned since but they're still ****s down there!

Comment

Working...
                      X