No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    Yes and that was over 200 years ago. Is your justification that one day the British or some Government official might come and pillage your home and rape your wife?

No, not at all. . . I was simply explaining the origin of the amendment giving us this right, and how it has evolved into simply "the right to protect yourself" in general. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
      clearly im not reading through the whole thread BUT:

im trying to understand what fucking business it is to anyone else whatever i may own!?!?!

People from other countries seem to "love to hate" America. . .

Lol I'm all about the occasional joke about the ignorant american stereotype. . . Just like I am with stereotypes of other countries; it's funny! But it gets taken too far. . Haha some of these peopel ACTUALLY believe these stereotypes are "the norm" because of rare, isolated incidents they hear on the news. . .

Comment

clearly im not reading through the whole thread BUT:

im trying to understand what fucking business it is to anyone else whatever i may own!?!?!
        a gun can take someones life, in fact thats its entire purpose. you make it so easy to have one and as a result your country is flooded with firearms. sure some can handle a gun, but many cant and by letting damn near anyone own one you are setting yourself up for countless tragedies.

ppl are so quick to pull the trigger, in many cases quicker than they are to slow down for a second and think about what they are doing. any conflict big or small can result in a life taken and many more ruined bcuz someone panics or is just plain stupid.

if you cant understand why thats an issue my guess is your amongst the ppl who are too stupid to own a gun. yet you could easily have one along with countless george zimmermans of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          a gun can take someones life, in fact thats its entire purpose. you make it so easy to have one and as a result your country is flooded with firearms. sure some can handle a gun, but many cant and by letting damn near anyone own one you are setting yourself up for countless tragedies.
          countless tragedies? but you say that many can't even handle a gun...

aside from the FACT that gun laws vary by state regardless (but details dont help your generalized arguments so i can see why you neglect them)

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          ppl are so quick to pull the trigger, in many cases quicker than they are to slow down for a second and think about what they are doing. any conflict big or small can result in a life taken and many more ruined bcuz someone panics or is just plain stupid.
          same applies to any weapon, knife, shank, car etc...

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          if you cant understand why thats an issue my guess is your amongst the ppl who are too stupid to own a gun. yet you could easily have one along with countless george zimmermans of the world.
          more assumptions

so all in all, you failed to counter my statement and then showed your true ignorance via vague assumptions and generalizations... all with no proof

its none of your business what i own provided im not encroaching on another person's liberty... which im not, so get back to fucking off and making other people's business your own...

but not mine

Comment

• Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            I just don't get it. It's much easier to kill somebody with a gun than with bare hands. I think it's the single most important factor leading to more or more severe crimes. I understand people wanting to have guns if everybody has a gun, you would like to be able to protect yourself, I get that. What I don't understand is the law that allows people to have guns and why it isn't abolished already.
            Simple: Because we have something called freedom.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Because we are smart.

When the zombie apocalypse happens, US citizens will last the longest. Compared to the rest of the world that disallows citizens to own guns.

Good luck fighting a horde of zombies with a kitchen knife. Remember, you don't have to always get bitten. Just bodily fluid transfer.
              This..............

Comment

countless tragedies? but you say that many can't even handle a gun...
                by that i dont mean that cant figure out how to fire, i mean the oposite, that they are too quick to fire. that they cant handle the responsibility of carrying something that can take someones life in a split second.

the fact that they cant handle a gun with responsibility leads to the countless tragedies, get it?

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
                aside from the FACT that gun laws vary by state regardless (but details dont help your generalized arguments so i can see why you neglect them)
                i never said the US have it wrong, i said YOU got it wrong. you said its nobodies business wether or not you have a gun or not and i disagree. i didnt say anything about the US laws.

some states have good gun laws and some dont. i was never on that subject though.

same applies to any weapon, knife, shank, car etc...
                it takes balls to get in someones face and stab them, its far easier to shoot someone at a distance. thats why guns are way more dangerous, very few can take someones life with a blade but anyone can pull a trigger. a car has other purposes than to kill so it cant even be compared.

its none of your business what i own provided im not encroaching on another person's liberty... which im not, so get back to fucking off and making other people's business your own...

but not mine
                i dont consider it a liberty to own a gun. i dont think thats something that everyone has a right to. a gun is too dangerous. its everyones business bcuz we could all be in potential danger if the person owning the gun cant handle that kind of responsibility, and to own something that can take someones life is a big fucking responsibility.

again, some states have good gun laws and others dont. the ones that dont put every single person in that state in unwaranted danger, i think thats their business. dont you?

acctually i dont give a fuck, youre too narrow minded. im not saying guns are terrible and nobody should be allowed to have them, nor am i bashing the united states. im just saying its not everyones right to own a killing tool, i dont think thats crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
                  Studies time and time again have showed that yoyu are more likely to hurt yourself and the people close to than ever using it in self defense.

How many love triangles have turned fatal over a heart broken guy with a gun?
                  How many people have taken their own life and someone else's while being drunk/intoxicated?
                  When absolute ******s and lunatics can just walk into a store and buy enough guns and ammo and go on a rampage.

How many ******s have tried to be a hero during a robbery and it turned fatal?
                  You are using doo doo logic here, which is equivalent to saying that red sport cars should be banned since there are many "******s" who purchase them get into accidents and injure others. Same goes for alcohol and other potentially dangerous things.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

acctually i dont give a fuck, youre too narrow minded. im not saying guns are terrible and nobody should be allowed to have them, nor am i bashing the united states. im just saying its not everyones right to own a killing tool, i dont think thats crazy.
                    Actually, whether you like or not its a right guaranteed by the second amendment of our constitution. If you are not a convicted felon and you are an american citizen it's your God given right to own as many as you like.

Comment

• Just got home from the range.
                      Cleaned my firearms.
                      If you don't like guns this picture might be
                      disturbing to you, Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X