No announcement yet.

One of the Best U.S. Presidents of All times, if not the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post
    First of all, spell Capitalism right if you're gonna critique it with your dim view of it.

Free Market Capitalism is a environment for good and bad ideas. Productive and useless products.

What is alternative chief? You wanna ban the sale of things you deem worthless? Your criticism is the equivalent of criticizing Internet because it isn't used enough by people to inform themselves, instead watching Dogs humping a cat on youtube, giving them 10 million views off of one video.

So do you wanna condemn the entire Internet, or just youtube, or both?
    Capitalism: the act of feeding on the stupidity of the public to sell them things they dont need for the SOLE purpose of makeing the seller rich.

its not just the sale of worthless items/services, but also that people would sell them for the sole purpose of making themselfs rich.

as grover clevland would say:

The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow-citizens in misfortune.

charities all over the world sell worthless things like feeling good inside, but they do it for much more then to make themselfs rich.

Comment

Yet you offer no alternative. And I'm glad which confirms that Capitalism is here to stay, and the Undisputed Champ.

You can critique the Champs, but you can't provide a better alternative that works in reality, and not just ideally on paper. And I would argue what we have now is not even true Free Market, pure Capitalism, but has been distorted by Government intervention.

And the Liberals are actually blaming Capitalism, and not the Government. Imagine that. Once the Economy and Currency collapse completely, some douchebag will use it to try and enforce even more Government control on prices and everything, instead of liberating us from Govt, have some short term suffering, and let the self-correction take place.

Comment

Yet you offer no alternative. And I'm glad which confirms that Capitalism is here to stay, and the Undisputed Champ.

You can critique the Champs, but you can't provide a better alternative that works in reality, and not just ideally on paper. And I would argue what we have now is not even true Free Market, pure Capitalism, but has been distorted by Government intervention.

And the Liberals are actually blaming Capitalism, and not the Government. Imagine that. Once the Economy and Currency collapse completely, some douchebag will use it to try and enforce even more Government control on prices and everything, instead of liberating us from Govt, have some short term suffering, and let the self-correction take place.

communism.

the government and big buisness are the same thing, a steammy pile of crap, i can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head that would fix multiple things in our current society.

one of which would be to limit big buisness involvement in the government, maybe even stop it all together.

big buisness has created the world it sees today, and now its realizing this isnt what it wanted, organizations like the chamber of commernece have destroyed the united states though their government influence and now they want to govenment to back off?

what they finally get things how they want it with 70% of all elected positions in their pocket?
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 03-11-2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Does Spartacus like any sports? Football? Basketball? Maybe Baseball.

You see, in a Marxist based world, there would be no sports because it's a useless activity. Someone couldn't make a living playing these sports, therefore they wouldn't persue it beyond playing it occasionally as a hobby. They wouldn't dedicate their time to playing it and training for it, to excel at it.

It's a spectator sport and revenue is generated because people are entertained by this useless activity, that doesn't build productive goods, technology, machine.

Nobody benefits from it but the people who play and enjoy the game and the spectator if he is entertained by it. This would be banned in a Marxist world wouldn't it? Or profit being made off it, wouldn't be allowed, correct?

Therefore the Kobe's, MJ's, Berry Bond's, or even the greats in Boxing wouldn't dedicate their life to this sport. Sports being played for free with attendance in arena's for free may still exist, but the sports wouldn't have evolved, nor would the athletics behind it, because there would be no profit or gain from it in a Non-Capitalist society.

We all would have lost out.

Maybe we could have high-level sports if people were still slaves, and we would have Spartacus Gladiator types in Baseball, Basketball and Football, being forced by the empire to entertain them for free, by force.....
          Last edited by One_Tycoon; 03-11-2012, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Does Spartacus like any sports? Football? Basketball? Maybe Baseball.

You see, in a Marxist based world, there would be no sports because it's a useless activity. Someone couldn't make a living playing these sports, therefore they wouldn't persue it beyond playing it occasionally as a hobby. They wouldn't dedicate their time to playing it and training for it, to excel at it.

It's a spectator sport and revenue is generated because people are entertained by this useless activity, that doesn't build productive goods, technology, machine.

Nobody benefits from it but the people who play and enjoy the game and the spectator if he is entertained by it. This would be banned in a Marxist world wouldn't it? Or profit being made off it, wouldn't be allowed, correct?

Therefore the Kobe's, MJ's, Berry Bond's, or even the greats in Boxing wouldn't dedicate their life to this sport. Sports being played for free with attendance in arena's for free may still exist, but the sports wouldn't have evolved, not would the athletics behind it, because there would be no profit or gain from it in a Non-Capitalist society.

We all would have lost out.

that sounds awesome. it actually is of my personal opinion that there is nothing more worthless in life then watching sports, if you have the time to watch it, really you should be out playing it.

now participating in them and competing in things like the olympics as a show of national power is quite important though.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
              that sounds awesome. it actually is of my personal opinion that there is nothing more worthless in life then watching sports, if you have the time to watch it, really you should be out playing it.

now participating in them and competing in things like the olympics as a show of national power is quite important though.
              Maybe we could have high-level sports if people were still slaves like in Rome days, and we would have Spartacus Gladiator types in Baseball, Basketball and Football, being forced to play by the empire to entertain us for free, by force.....breeding big, athletic slaves for our entertainment. Certainly the Free Market would be out of the question for such activities.

Boxing is in this category btw. Which is the reason you've joined this forum, I assume.

I like how you signature'd your own quote as if it somehow enforces your point. Funny.

Comment

Maybe we could have high-level sports if people were still slaves like in Rome days, and we would have Spartacus Gladiator types in Baseball, Basketball and Football, being forced to play by the empire to entertain us for free, by force.....breeding big, athletic slaves for our entertainment. Certainly the Free Market would be out of the question for such activities.

Boxing is in this category btw. Which is the reason you've joined this forum, I assume.

I like how you signature'd your own quote as if it somehow enforces your point. Funny.
                olympics was started in 800 BC, as a show of city/national power.

collesusm was in 80 AD, and the need that this filled was soon replaced with public executions not sports.

apples and oranges man.

Comment

communism.

the government and big buisness are the same thing, a steammy pile of crap, i can think of half a dozen things off the top of my head that would fix multiple things in our current society.

one of which would be to limit big buisness involvement in the government, maybe even stop it all together.

big buisness has created the world it sees today, and now its realizing this isnt what it wanted, organizations like the chamber of commernece have destroyed the united states though their government influence and now they want to govenment to back off?

what they finally get things how they want it with 70% of all elected positions in their pocket?
                  You're mistaking Capitalism with Corporatism. But yes we all would be better of with intelligent, Economical Central planners who dictate our daily lives and Market, such as yourself
                  Last edited by One_Tycoon; 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

apples and oranges man.

Your entire posts are apples and oranges. Out of the blue pops up a guy names Spartacus, to rail against Capitalism.

I missed you in my previous threads that were more orientated towards the topic.
                    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 03-12-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

You're mistaking Capitalism with Corporatism. But yes we all would be better of with intelligent, Economical Central planners who dictate our life and Market, such as yourself
                      not confused, just pointing out the cause of our mutated capitalism, big buisness.

Comment

Working...
                      X