Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything more redundant and useless than a degree in Theology?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Oh yeah, the women's studies thing?

My sister's boyfriend's sister majored in it (with a minor in gender studies, lulz) and guess what she does for a living?

Stay at home mom who just spends her husband's military benefits.
    Feminism at its finest!

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      what do you mean there?
      Conspiracy theory about the federal reserve being a for profit bank that illegally does something something something and the only people who noticed are redneck militia members, anyone with a youtube account and Yahoo answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        “During the Second World War, Winston Churchill’s finance minister said Britain should cut arts funding to support the war effort. Churchill’s response: “Then what are we fighting for?”"

YAYYY !

Or

Nay..

??
        , IMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great quote, and Churchill is an ATG in his arena, but overall I think the importance placed on art is vastly overstated.

Then again, I've had the distinct (dis)pleasure of attending several dozen art showings of friends and associates which were attended by hundreds of smug Bohemian "society types", so that could be where my disdain stems from.

You don't know hell until you're in a 1,000 square foot loft gallery downtown, surrounded by hundreds of people standing around sniffing each other's asses ( figuratively, unfortunately - otherwise it might have actually been entertaining) about how great and important their "work" is.

Comment

By the way, Pat : I pumped that tune in your sig quote in my car just about an hour ago on my way home.

Good times.

Comment

, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great quote, and Churchill is an ATG in his arena, but overall I think the importance placed on art is vastly overstated.

Then again, I've had the distinct (dis)pleasure of attending several dozen art showings of friends and associates which were attended by hundreds of smug Bohemian "society types", so that could be where my disdain stems from.

You don't know hell until you're in a 1,000 square foot loft gallery downtown, surrounded by hundreds of people standing around sniffing each other's asses ( figuratively, unfortunately - otherwise it might have actually been entertaining) about how great and important their "work" is.

You have to sell it, make it seem rare and the value will go up.

Comment

Ice White hard asses's from Denmark quoting DMX can be excused...

Comment

OUCH.

You gonna take that, Pat?

Pea just lifted your skirt.

Comment

, IMO.

Modern art is all kinds of fucked up. A few years back we had a so called ''artist'' on national television talking about his newest masterpiece - living goldfish in a blender... Trying to talk about that is symbolised this and that when in reality he just went for the ''shock factor''.

Anything goes now a day and they're so damn self important and selfish. Not all of course, but quite a few.

16th chapel - art. Fish in a blender... Not so much. It's mostly about making a name for yourself then any slap of paint on a canvas is worth its weight in gold. Fucking scam.

/rant

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    You have to sell it, make it seem rare and the value will go up.
                    Oh, no doubt. And I can't fault them for doing so - Like Darkstar touched on, the only difference between an art major and a minimum wage employee is the degree.

More insulting to me are the types who just buy art because it's trendy. The kind of people who fork out thousands in a night on 2-3 pieces just so they can turn around, take a picture of it, and post it on facebook.

Those types I wanted to throw over the balcony. But stupid people in general annoy me, and you'd think I'd get used to it by now, yet somehow, I never do.

Comment

OUCH.

You gonna take that, Pat?

Pea just lifted your skirt.
                      Da fuck you wanna do....

Comment

Working...
                      X