Collapse
No announcement yet.

best game franchise this generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not introduced to this generation but for me simply because I have spent more time playing games from these franchises than any other on the current generation.

Elder Scrolls
    Fallout

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Not introduced to this generation but for me simply because I have spent more time playing games from these franchises than any other on the current generation.

Elder Scrolls
      Fallout
      western RPG freak...

bethesda is great with this genre...

Comment

Grand Theft Auto by Rockstar.

Comment

From that list Uncharted, followed by Gears of War.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Grand Theft Auto > everything else
            On this generation though? GTA IV was an early game on the platform and it shows. Look at GTA IV gameplay compared to say Red Dead Redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              On this generation though? GTA IV was an early game on the platform and it shows. Look at GTA IV gameplay compared to say Red Dead Redemption.
              GTA is a lot more than just GTA IV. . . I've been playing since it was only out for PC almost two decades ago. . . Lol matter of fact Pigster, one of the first ones was set in LONDON TOWN! In honor of your motherland, SIR PIGSTER!!!

GTA San Andreas for the PS2 might be the most entertaining game I've ever player. . WHen GTA IV dropped it was revolutional. . You are right, though, in that it did not nearly utilize the full capability of the PS3. . However, when GTV V drops, prepare to have your mind blown.

Comment

By "this generation", I figured it meant a gaming series we have been playing since we were kids. . The general age group of 21-35 of most people on here. . . So it would encompass more than just gaming series for the latest consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                  GTA is a lot more than just GTA IV. . . I've been playing since it was only out for PC almost two decades ago. . . Lol matter of fact Pigster, one of the first ones was set in LONDON TOWN! In honor of your motherland, SIR PIGSTER!!!

GTA San Andreas for the PS2 might be the most entertaining game I've ever player. . WHen GTA IV dropped it was revolutional. . You are right, though, in that it did not nearly utilize the full capability of the PS3. . However, when GTV V drops, prepare to have your mind blown.
                  This generation means Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. I don't think that GTA IV really advanced the genre in any way, unlike GTA III and GTA San Andreas.

I played the first one on PC and the London game as an expansion pack.

Comment

This generation means Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. I don't think that GTA IV really advanced the genre in any way, unlike GTA III and GTA San Andreas.

I played the first one on PC and the London game as an expansion pack.
                    I suppose if it does just mean gaming series for the latest consoles, then GTA IV would fall short. . However, we have to see how crucial GTA V is when it drops; I think it's going to be the best one yet. . .

What did you think of the PC version with the London expansion pack?

I thought it meant this generation, as in the posters generation. I suppose it does make more sense because of the games listed in the poll. . . I haven't really played any of those games so I couldn't vote. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      I suppose if it does just mean gaming series for the latest consoles, then GTA IV would fall short. . However, we have to see how crucial GTA V is when it drops; I think it's going to be the best one yet. . .

What did you think of the PC version with the London expansion pack?

I thought it meant this generation, as in the posters generation. I suppose it does make more sense because of the games listed in the poll. . . I haven't really played any of those games so I couldn't vote. . .
                      The first GTA was neat, and it was fun running over the hare krishnas. But GTA III was simply stunning, a fully rendered interactive 3d world... amazing! The world was given more life with Vice City and the scale of San Andreas pushed the envelope big time. But then GTA IV... same city as GTA III, lots of neat touches like being able to go and see Ricky Gervais live in concert but ultimately no upgrade on where San Andreas left off. San Andreas was the high point of the series for me. I don't know if GTA V will be entirely worthwhile, I think GTA's moment has passed.

Comment

Working...
                      X