No announcement yet.

Rumor has it that gas is supposed to skyrocket within the next week or two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the dumbest *****

Its not like theres more of a demand or less of a supply, it just fear that skyrockets prices. Its such bull***** really. Just making the rich richer

Prices will spiike, probably for a record high close to $150 per barrel and $5 average in the US and then drop. Unless Israel strikes Iran and then we're just fuccked

Comment

The greedy corporations increase gas prices anytime they wish, all while making billion dollar profits every quarter.

Oh no the Sun came up! 10c increase
      oh no the grass grew green! 10c increase
      oh no it rained! 10c increase
      Oh no its going to be sunny in a few months! 10c increase

I thought whole point of invading Iraq and Libya was to get cheap gas, waddup with that?

Comment

that **** is brutal...$4.50 over here

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          that **** is brutal...$4.50 over here
          when we were in high school it was like 0.98 for 91.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
            lol, gas is dirty cheap in the US....
            Odd to see gasoline prices approaching 7 bucks per US gallon in Denmark, considering that they are a significant net exporter of oil. Mexico is as well and prices are right at about 3 bucks.

In the US, what oil companies make on a gallon of gas, pales in comparison to what our Federal and State Government(s) tax that gallon, mostly because we have to import half of our oil at 110 bucks a barrel ($2.62 per gallon of unrefined oil.)

Because the US is such a large consumer of oil, we can have a significant effect on the price (which as has been mentioned, is heavily influenced by speculators.) When George W Bush lifted an executive ban on offshore drilling (which had been idiotically imposed by his father,) calls on Congress to lift theirs and calls for plan to develop oil shale (we have the largest reserves in the world,) resulted in an almost immediate, dramatic reduction in oil prices.

What's going on in Iran is driving it up, as is Obama's obstruction of the Keystone pipeline (we import more oil from Canada than anyone else.) But never fear, Barry has added pond scum to his brilliant energy strategy of a) inflating your tires, b) windmills and choo choo trains, c) more taxpayer funded solar disasters like Solyndra, d) a taxpayer subsidized electric car in every driveway so he can e) make electricity prices "necessarily skyrocket."

Personally I'd like to see us copy France in producing more than 75% of our electricity from nuclear (making up the rest with wind, solar and natural gas,) replacing the half we currently generate from coal, so we can convert that coal (of which we are the world's largest producer) to gasoline. Then open up Federal lands to shale extraction. We could become energy independent over the next decade.

Comment

we can't go heavy in nuclear energy.

the same environmental commies who cry about our oil use will scream bloody murder about nuclear waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
                when we were in high school it was like 0.98 for 91.

$15 would get me a full tank...now $15 would only get the gas light to turn off

im gonna buy a civic hatchback to drive around...this is getting stupid

Comment

$15 would get me a full tank...now $15 would only get the gas light to turn off

im gonna buy a civic hatchback to drive around...this is getting stupid
                  gonna get me one of these.

watch some soccer mom will plow me over with an expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
                    gonna get me one of these.

watch some soccer mom will plow me over with an expedition.

can you even fit in one of those?

Comment

can you even fit in one of those?

Comment

Working...
                      X