I Left Apple IOS and came back to Android. (My reasons why)----->>

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
    apple > android end thread
    Let me guess.... Your blond? or gay? Or both???... oh wait or in Highschool?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
      Let me guess.... Your blond? or gay? Or both???... oh wait or in Highschool?

lol, what is wrong with you and blond gays?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        lol, what is wrong with you and blond gays?
        one beat me up at my highschool prom.

Comment

Expect Breakbeat to remove you as a friend on facebook.

Comment

I can't figure it out either.

The only plus about Apple is that devs tend to make games available for IOS first

Comment

one beat me up at my highschool prom.
              figures

Comment

as I browse this thread, I am in the process of wiping my phone, formatting my SD card (for good measure) and flashing a new rom on my EVO 4G. It's a port from the OS on the hTC Flyer, so it's a blend of Gingerbread (Android version made for phones) and Honeycomb (the android version made for tablets). Sounds like I'm in for a treat. The best part is biggest selling point IMO is that the hotspot tethering is unlocked, but it also works with 4G. normally, hotspot tethering on ROMs is only with 3G (I get 4G at home and at work, so important for me).

With all of that being said, I in no way "hate" on Apple, I think their products are more 'form' than 'functionality', if you will. Don't get me wrong, the OS is solid as it's been stated in here...but I think more emphasis is put into the physical design. They look great IMO, but the screen is too small and I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying around a phone that is basically encased in, OUT OF ALL THINGS, glass. Looks really good....but too much is traded for aesthetics. My cousin has an Epic 4G Touch (Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G touch on Sprint to be exact). I LOVE this phone. I would get it right now over an iPhone 4S, no doubt about it.

For the record, for those that are not aware. Before Android 4.0 (AKA. Ice Cream Sandwich) was developed. There was a version of Android 2.x for phones and another version of Android 3.x for tablets. Android 4.0 consolidates google's OS, so basically Android 4.x runs on both phones AND tables, making the lifes of devs easier. Now they can develop an app on a single code and it will work with both phones AND tablets. Up to now, developers had to write an app for Android 2.x and for Android 3.x - that is long gone now that ICS has been introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
                  as I browse this thread, I am in the process of wiping my phone, formatting my SD card (for good measure) and flashing a new rom on my EVO 4G. It's a port from the OS on the hTC Flyer, so it's a blend of Gingerbread (Android version made for phones) and Honeycomb (the android version made for tablets). Sounds like I'm in for a treat. The best part is biggest selling point IMO is that the hotspot tethering is unlocked, but it also works with 4G. normally, hotspot tethering on ROMs is only with 3G (I get 4G at home and at work, so important for me).

With all of that being said, I in no way "hate" on Apple, I think their products are more 'form' than 'functionality', if you will. Don't get me wrong, the OS is solid as it's been stated in here...but I think more emphasis is put into the physical design. They look great IMO, but the screen is too small and I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying around a phone that is basically encased in, OUT OF ALL THINGS, glass. Looks really good....but too much is traded for aesthetics. My cousin has an Epic 4G Touch (Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G touch on Sprint to be exact). I LOVE this phone. I would get it right now over an iPhone 4S, no doubt about it.

For the record, for those that are not aware. Before Android 4.0 (AKA. Ice Cream Sandwich) was developed. There was a version of Android 2.x for phones and another version of Android 3.x for tablets. Android 4.0 consolidates google's OS, so basically Android 4.x runs on both phones AND tables, making the lifes of devs easier. Now they can develop an app on a single code and it will work with both phones AND tablets. Up to now, developers had to write an app for Android 2.x and for Android 3.x - that is long gone now that ICS has been introduced.
                  Good post. And I'll be rooting this week, not for a rom and I'm on ics, but for wifi tether

Comment

Good post. And I'll be rooting this week, not for a rom and I'm on ics, but for wifi tether
                    i rooted two days after i got my gnex, couldn't help it lol.

the roms are started to get really good on this, cant wait for cm9 to drop.

you should def consider experimenting with a couple (AOKP, codename, gummynex, CM9 kang, etc). theres a couple miui ports too in ur interested in those.

Comment

lol #teamLgVoyager,, no smart phones for me

Comment

Working...
                      X