Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson Has No Answer For Financial Woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many 36 year olds can say they burned through 150 million. Since he earned it himself, in an honest manner (entertaining millions in the process,) I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully he's more careful with what he earns from here on.

Comment

Since he had so many people's life in his hand, anyone else think he should have gotten a bailout?

Comment

We learn the hard way. Hope AI uses this experience to be careful with his finances in the future. He's still young and with a talent that he possesses, I won't be surprised he bounces back from this.

Comment

80 Percent of millionaire athletes and lottery winners go broke, This is a sad tale that all too familiar.

Comment

damn Iverson u lost

Comment

The notorious ball hog couldnt hog his own money

Comment

****ing idiot dude... great player but no sympathy for him.

860 thousand on jewelry?? Get you and your ****ing ego checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  They don't. It's not nitpicking. It's a fact. And they have not been Barkleys only source of income and are not the reason Barkley still has his millions that you're dumb enough to believe. I assume you were trying to support your statement that he is on a bad road with his finances. I'm sure you would love to be on his financial road.

I'd like to be on his financial road, no doubt.

I ran into him at the Four Seasons in ATL. He's living well.

And he is seen all the time, so it just means more opportunities.

Whether any of these guys is broke or not isn't really my concern unless they are giving me money, I am not too concerned with their business.

It ain't mine.

But I'd trade my life for Barkley's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comment

I'd rather never have it then blow all and be in debt

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Not many 36 year olds can say they burned through 150 million. Since he earned it himself, in an honest manner (entertaining millions in the process,) I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully he's more careful with what he earns from here on.
                      That about sums it up Jeffries ....

Sure its foolish, not stash at least 10million in a Swiss bank for hard times and its even more foolish when athletes don't stash some cash away, knowing that their career can end at any moment with an injury.

I would guess "caught up in the moment" takes on a new meaning when you're earning so much cash per game\year.

Still, sympathy is minimum and sparse for those that find themselves broke at the end of their careers ... for there are many who DO save and plan, for that time when they can no longer be an active athlete.

But like everything else in the media, you never hear the good stories, just the bad luck\down&out stories.

Comment

Working...
                      X