Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If humans lived in the wild, would Fat people exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    i don't know.

but i'm pretty sure someone would have hunted down your mama.
    I don't get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
      I don't get it?
      nothing.

dumb joke.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        Chubby? Yeah.

Obese? Probably not.

America! **** yeah!

spot on.....

Comment

If humans were forced to live in the wild. Probably 90 percent of us would die. Damn, most people wouldn't even be able to make a fire now. You've probably seen it done in survival programs and think you know how to do it. If you had to make fire from sticks do you think you could actually do it? I don't think I could.

Humans have lost so much knowledge. Hunting, building stuff without modern tools, making clothes from fur. we'd be f**ked without electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
            If humans were forced to live in the wild. Probably 90 percent of us would die. Damn, most people wouldn't even be able to make a fire now. You've probably seen it done in survival programs and think you know how to do it. If you had to make fire from sticks do you think you could actually do it? I don't think I could.

Humans have lost so much knowledge. Hunting, building stuff without modern tools, making clothes from fur. we'd be f**ked without electricity.

Well, get prepared then. If that solar storm **** is really worse case scenario and knocks out the power grid. We'll be without electricity.

Comment

What do you mean "in the wild"? Are you purely referring to hunter-gatherer bands or do subsistence farmers count? What about hunter-gatherer bands who cultivate part of the wild land by slashing and burning or even deliberately planting desirable plants in otherwise uncultivated land?

I think a few people are confused. I saw at least one mention of Romans whose empire was the product of about ten thousand years of agriculture and was a vast and complex civilisation.

Distinctions also need to be made between paleolithic hunter-gatherers (who were mainly scavengers) and modern nomadic bands. Furthermore how far back in time are we hypothetically regressing? What technology will we have access to? Use of metals? Bronze? Copper? Or are we in the stone age? I mean very few people will have the knowledge to carve a flint axe or to make usable arrows, but then there would be a tiny minority with experience in metallurgy and smithing who would be able to fashion novel metal items. It takes little expertise to push the pointy end of a spear into an animal but tracking and catching the buggers, that's the trick. Most modern huntsmen would be unable to catch and kill any prey unless they had access to firearms. Are firearms allowed? What about when the bullets are gone?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                What do you mean "in the wild"? Are you purely referring to hunter-gatherer bands or do subsistence farmers count? What about hunter-gatherer bands who cultivate part of the wild land by slashing and burning or even deliberately planting desirable plants in otherwise uncultivated land?

I think a few people are confused. I saw at least one mention of Romans whose empire was the product of about ten thousand years of agriculture and was a vast and complex civilisation.

Distinctions also need to be made between paleolithic hunter-gatherers (who were mainly scavengers) and modern nomadic bands. Furthermore how far back in time are we hypothetically regressing? What technology will we have access to? Use of metals? Bronze? Copper? Or are we in the stone age? I mean very few people will have the knowledge to carve a flint axe or to make usable arrows, but then there would be a tiny minority with experience in metallurgy and smithing who would be able to fashion novel metal items. It takes little expertise to push the pointy end of a spear into an animal but tracking and catching the buggers, that's the trick. Most modern huntsmen would be unable to catch and kill any prey unless they had access to firearms. Are firearms allowed? What about when the bullets are gone?
                Let's face it, most of us would be useless if we were dropped into the wilderness and had to fend for ourselves with no technology. You need to grow up in that kind of environment, otherwise you are screwed. Or at least have extensive training. And that doesn't include sleeping in hotels either.

Comment

Not as many I bet. Most would be eating healthy naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

I'm talking about if people were in the wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                      I mean if we all had to hunt for our own food etc, would we still have fat people in the world?
                      Can I ask you something Junior? Why the hell are you so obsessed with other peeps weight? :thinking9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X