No announcement yet.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I don't know the capital of Washington state. But there again I don't really give a shit. Only yanks bother with rote learning of state capitols (sic). I can tell you when the Battle of Hastings was, the Great Plague was and the Great Fire of London which is a lot more interesting.
    (Not to SP)

If you haven't read this book, you should.

If you don't like history, you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      (Not to SP)

If you haven't read this book, you should.

If you don't like history, you will.
      Anybody else recommend this book? I can't take advice from a UFghey fan too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
        Anybody else recommend this book? I can't take advice from a UFghey fan too seriously.
        I wouldn't look at it tbh. Cover looks **** and it's 2012, who still reads? That was so 10 years ago.

Comment

I don't know the capital of Washington state. But there again I don't really give a shit. Only yanks bother with rote learning of state capitols (sic). I can tell you when the Battle of Hastings was, the Great Plague was and the Great Fire of London which is a lot more interesting.

Now that we see that you are super duper smart, maybe you should consider moving to a real country in United States, where you actually have a chance at becoming something.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
            I'm no UFghey fan.

I am a fan of martial arts, which UFghey is the opposite of. Boxing is a far superior sport to UFghey.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
              I wouldn't look at it tbh. Cover looks **** and it's 2012, who still reads? That was so 10 years ago.
              Don't judge a book by the cover.

On a side note, this book is the best history book ever written according to some people. It is written about the single year of 1066. It gets it done in about 160 pages.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 02-05-2012, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I wonder how long a book about 2011 would be.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                  Knowing the stories of those event is in fact interesting, knowing the date they happened may even be less useful than knowing state capitals.
                  It's not rote though. I know the dates because I know the events. Rather than "I know the state capitols (sic) because I had to learn the state capitols (sic)".

I haven't read that book by the way, I might pick it up. My favourite history book is Empire by Niall Ferguson.

Comment

My favourite history book is Empire by Niall Ferguson.
                    Hmmmm. I've been debating whether to order that one. I've already read Ferguson's two books on the World Wars.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      Hmmmm. I've been debating whether to order that one. I've already read Ferguson's two books on the World Wars.

Poet
                      I usually don't think too much before order a book, but just do it.

Maybe Amazon is a bad habit in that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X