No announcement yet.

Midnight's "How to be successful in America" : Soccer/Football Edition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Reading comprehension is a bit of a problem for you I see. The two kids with premium seats expending effort to watch the big screen is illustrative of the philosophy. It is not the basis of my opinion. I've experienced sporting events in Europe and Britain and North America and also spoken to people who have played hockey in the UK and in Canada and they have made this observation.
    oh ok so you have talked to some guys who have had that opinion.... wow you really showed me!!... have u ever seen a college football game where there is no big screen and the it gets filled up to 100k and the cheering can be measured on the seismograph?

with that way of looking at it all european soccer fans must be hooligans... i have seen movies about it and have seen it on tv and the internet

just leave dawg u dont know what ur talking about and making urself look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bullq21 View Post
      oh ok so you have talked to some guys who have had that opinion.... wow you really showed me!!...
      The general consensus worldwide is that Americans are stupid. This is what they base their bias upon.

have u ever seen a college football game where there is no big screen and the it gets filled up to 100k
      That's the curious thing about US sports. It's like they save up the real fandom for athletes who don't get paid and the guys that make the money rely on fancy gadgets and cheer-ometers. Still doesn't compare to the craziness that occurs in the stands at cricket games. Yeah, cricket games!

and the cheering can be measured on the seismograph?
      ...and then you spoil it with this sort of nonsense. A seismograph? Why do yanks have to be so ridiculous?

with that way of looking at it all european soccer fans must be hooligans... i have seen movies about it and have seen it on tv and the internet
      I have a better basis for comparison than you do!

just leave dawg u dont know what ur talking about and making urself look stupid.
      Oh gnoes a moron on the internet disagrees with my opinion!

Comment

youre seriously such a smug little bastard and hypocrite. you go into threads bashing people for the same **** you are doing right now.

The general consensus worldwide is that Americans are stupid. This is what they base their bias upon.
        thanks for proving my point

That's the curious thing about US sports. It's like they save up the real fandom for athletes who don't get paid and the guys that make the money rely on fancy gadgets and cheer-ometers. Still doesn't compare to the craziness that occurs in the stands at cricket games. Yeah, cricket games!
        what are u even talking about

...and then you spoil it with this sort of nonsense. A seismograph? Why do yanks have to be so ridiculous?
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_Game

"The game's name resulted from the reaction of the crowd after the final pass. According to legend, it registered as an earthquake by a seismograph located in LSU’s Howe-Russell Geoscience Complex around 1,000 feet (305 m) from the stadium. The seismograph reading was discovered the morning after the game by LSU seismologist,"

I have a better basis for comparison than you do!
        what cause u saw 2 kids looking at a big screen?

Oh gnoes a moron on the internet disagrees with my opinion!
        I dont care about your opinion its the smug, condescending way you bring it about. Would act like an ******* like this in real life? probably not. so why flex ur nuts on this site?

Comment

youre seriously such a smug little bastard and hypocrite. you go into threads bashing people for the same **** you are doing right now.
          Are you still at it? If I had to put my post in a category it would be "humour" but you're really crying about this aren't you?

thanks for proving my point
          Wait, your point was that you're an idiot? That explains a lot. You're welcome I suppose.

what are u even talking about
          "Oh maaaan college football maaaaan". Anyone who goes to a game with a letter D and a small piece of fence needs locking up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_Game

"The game's name resulted from the reaction of the crowd after the final pass. According to legend, it registered as an earthquake by a seismograph located in LSU’s Howe-Russell Geoscience Complex around 1,000 feet (305 m) from the stadium. The seismograph reading was discovered the morning after the game by LSU seismologist,"
          Here is a picture of a guy I just showed this to:

As you can see, he doesn't give a fuck either.

what cause u saw 2 kids looking at a big screen?
          Remember the part where I told you that this particular anecdote was illustrative of the phenomenon but did not comprise my sole experience of the phenomenon? Nope. Instead of reading it you were thinking of what you were going to say in return.

I dont care about your opinion its the smug, condescending way you bring it about. Would act like an ******* like this in real life? probably not. so why flex ur nuts on this site?
          This whiny closing statement was so bitchy and passive aggressive it was picked up by seismologists in geology department of the university of WAAAAAAHterloo..

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't want to sit next to these two no-marks either.

Comment

Are you still at it? If I had to put my post in a category it would be "humour" but you're really crying about this aren't you?

Wait, your point was that you're an idiot? That explains a lot. You're welcome I suppose.

"Oh maaaan college football maaaaan". Anyone who goes to a game with a letter D and a small piece of fence needs locking up.

Here is a picture of a guy I just showed this to:

As you can see, he doesn't give a fuck either.

Remember the part where I told you that this particular anecdote was illustrative of the phenomenon but did not comprise my sole experience of the phenomenon? Nope. Instead of reading it you were thinking of what you were going to say in return.

This whiny closing statement was so bitchy and passive aggressive it was picked up by seismologists in geology department of the university of WAAAAAAHterloo..
              not only are u ignorant, ur not funny at all. are u 5 dude?

*waits for the reply which subsequently isnt funny*

Comment

I just think that there's too much hysteria around American sports. Ever heard the baseball commentary when someone does a routine catch but happens to use an ungloved hand? It's like someone has managed to shit martians.

I agree with this.

American commentators/fans seem to have the same reaction when someone like Kobe Bryant manages to make a shot from 5 yards despite being nudged slightly off balance. You'd think it was wheelchair Baskeball and the player had just kicked the ball in with their artificial leg from half court they way they go on.

Comment

not only are u ignorant, ur not funny at all. are u 5 dude?

*waits for the reply which subsequently isnt funny*
                  I'm bored of you now. You're just upset because I'm right.

Comment

Damn. Squeal destroyed this thread.

Next he is going to tell me that Godzilla sucks. Then, I will be totally pissed....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                      Damn. Squeal destroyed this thread.

Next he is going to tell me that Godzilla sucks. Then, I will be totally pissed....
                      Godzilla is a giant dinosaur monster with atomic breath that fights huge space aliens while destroying cities. How could he suck?

Comment

Working...
                      X