Collapse
No announcement yet.

MegaUpload Shut Down By The FBI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really sucks bigtime and I hope people realize this is a serious attack and the entire future of our internet world is in jeopardy. One day we might find ourselves telling our kids about the "good old internet days" when we had the freedom to share information and files without fear of jail, fines, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MERKMOE View Post
      sopa already started
      I'm pretty sure that today's news proves that the U.S. Government doesn't need SOPA or PIPA to **** with the internet.

Comment

dark times ahead

Comment

Damn. Megaupload is my favorite and most convenient for watching a movie.

Maybe someone will create a new megaupload from a different location. Instead of Megaupload.com, call it Megaupload.tk or something.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I'm pretty sure that today's news proves that the U.S. Government doesn't need SOPA or PIPA to **** with the internet.
            the fbi are an impatient bunch...
            Last edited by Bermuda; 01-19-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

WTF! Cum.com (formerly Mega****) is also down! Son of a *****!!!! ****ing Feds.

Damn, it sucks for the people who had lifetime premium accounts. Does that mean they can sue the gov for theft?

Comment

can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN what the hell is SOPA???

Comment

Originally posted by lightheart View Post
                  can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN what the hell is SOPA???
                  "Stop Online Piracy Act".

Read up on it, we're not here to do your homework for you.

Today's act by the FBI has nothing to do with SOPA, or PIPA, though. Not in the legal sense, anyway.

Supposedly, this operation was two years in the making. I find that hard to believe though considering how it was only yesterday that so many sites went to black to protest SOPA, than all of a sudden the day after that, Megaupload gets trashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Prostitroop View Post
                    WTF! Cum.com (formerly Mega****) is also down! Son of a *****!!!! ****ing Feds.

Damn, it sucks for the people who had lifetime premium accounts. Does that mean they can sue the gov for theft?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Anonymous strikes back!!!

http://rt.com/usa/news/anonymous-doj...rsal-sopa-235/

WAR, internetz!
                      Shit just got serious.

Comment

Working...
                      X