Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Open Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent recovery from Murray, levels it up.

Djokovic seems to get 'injured' a lot when things aren't going his way...

Comment

Nadal destroys Murray if it happens

Ability why's similar to the top 3
      Just not strong enough mentally especially in finals... No hiding place in single player sports

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
        Nadal destroys Murray if it happens

Ability why's similar to the top 3
        Just not strong enough mentally especially in finals... No hiding place in single player sports
        Destroy? No.
        Win? Strong Possibility.

Comment

Tennis at this level is just brutal. The most physically demanding sport imo.

Comment

Murray was showing some true Brit spirit he has now gone back to certified scot ***** mode

Comment

Great match. Couldn't really ask for much more from Murray. At least he showed some fight in a big match unlike in the past when he would fold like a dirty deck chair.

Djokovic won't recover in time for Nadal.

Comment

Fuk that. He basically gave away the fourth set and most of the fifth. He only started to show signs of life when he had nothing to lose and Djoko tightened up serving it out.

Why would he quit in the 4th set when he had all the momentum from the 3rd?

Useless Scottish ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Why would he quit in the 4th set when he had all the momentum from the 3rd?
                  He only quit once Novak had the break and he'd lost the momentum he had from the 3rd. At that point he decided to conserve energy for the 5th.

I thought Murray was unlucky in that last set, Djokovic made a couple of ridiculous gets to keep the ball in play that landed right on the baseline on a couple of big points. A couple of Murray's shots were called out that looked dodgy as well and he had no challenges left (his own fault) to do owt about it.

He was playing the best player in the world at the end of the day, I think his performance today would've got the job done against Fed/Nadal.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    He only quit once Novak had the break and he'd lost the momentum he had from the 3rd. At that point he decided to conserve energy for the 5th.

I thought Murray was unlucky in that last set, Djokovic made a couple of ridiculous gets to keep the ball in play that landed right on the baseline on a couple of big points. A couple of Murray's shots were called out that looked dodgy as well and he had no challenges left (his own fault) to do owt about it.

He was playing the best player in the world at the end of the day, I think his performance today would've got the job done against Fed/Nadal.
                    He won the 3rd, had all the momentum and then gets broken to love in the 1st game of the 4th. Wtf? Even still, it was only one break. Then he quit. As he always does.

The guy is just weak. He hasn't played anyone the whole tourney while Djoko had a tough match against Ferrer in the last round - a guy who chases every ball yet Murray was the one who looked tired. I doubt he would've beaten Fed or Nadal. He'd have found a way to lose.

He'll never win a slam. Ive said it from day one.

Comment

My dad's always said that Murray will never win a Grand Slam.

I can't stand Murray.

BTW, anybody find Andrew Castle's commentary annoying as ****?

I can't stand that posh **** either.

Comment

Working...
                      X