• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
    i don't like this thread
    that's because you eat trouser snakes

Comment

i don't like this thread
      TERREL! one of the few remaining gents and scholars!

indeed, terrel DOES NOT LIKE ANIMALS! hahaha. . .

to hell with 'em! to hell with the entire lot of 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
        TERREL! one of the few remaining gents and scholars!

indeed, terrel DOES NOT LIKE ANIMALS! hahaha. . .

to hell with 'em! to hell with the entire lot of 'em!
        I see what you did with your avi there, Pugz...

Comment

Originally posted by Pugly! View Post
          rotties are amazing dogs. . . that might be my next selection. . . a rottie or a doberman pinscher. . . i have a choco lab who lives at my moms house where she has 80 plus acres and a lake to play in. .
          still have one, a boy

boy on the left, girl on the right

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            still have one, a boy

boy on the left, girl on the right
            beautiful dogs. . . the perfect blend of a chill, lax, playful dog, but also knows when to kick some ass. . . a lot of people who don't really know much about them think they have a violent disposition. . this is wrong. . . it's all about having a good owner. . yeah they can literally rip your face off, but they won't absent good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
              that's because you eat trouser snakes
              This... I am not in agreement with. It is wholly improper and an accusation that shall be taken to the supreme court. Await my solicitors phone call, my friend.

Comment

I see what you did with your avi there, Pugz...
                hehe. . clever, yes? or maybe it's too obvious?

Comment

I've had a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula for almost 7 years now.
                  Why?

Because they're the perfect "pet" for the apathetic **** that I am. She stays in her tank, is nearly blind, completely deaf, requires no "love" whatsoever, eats only once or twice a week, and I can buy a whole month's worth of food for her for a little over a dollar.

Like I said, the perfect "pet" for someone like myself who doesn't have much time (or need) to put towards a companion animal. It also makes for a good conversational piece.

Anything you want to know about tarantula ownership, I'm your man, TS.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I've had a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula for almost 7 years now.
                    Why?

Because they're the perfect "pet" for the apathetic **** that I am. She stays in her tank, is nearly blind, completely deaf, requires no "love" whatsoever, eats only once or twice a week, and I can buy a whole month's worth of food for her for a little over a dollar.

Like I said, the perfect "pet" for someone like myself who doesn't have much time (or need) to put towards a companion animal. It also makes for a good conversational piece.

Anything you want to know about tarantula ownership, I'm your man, TS.
                    hahaha , was leaning towards one when i saw it at the pet shop, but man as i said if it escapes i'm calling the swat team lol

scared ****less of spiders in general but they're awesome and i know you can feed them once or twice a week like snakes and the food ain't that costy

Comment

I can assure you that it wouldn't escape on you, if that's your main concern. Tarantulas sold in pet shops are always the docile species, like the Chilean rose hair, the Mexican red knee, and the Antilles pink toe.

Docile tarantulas don't really do much. They may climb up the side of the tank on occasion just wandering about, but they're not strong enough or aggressive enough to force the lid off of a terrarium. That sort of behavior is what you find in the more exotic species sold on the black market or at pet expos, like the Goliath bird eater or the Rangoon mustard tarantula.

Docile ones pretty much sit still unless hunting or having the occasional need to wander about. Most of the time, you'll probably think it's dead because it just sits there doing nothing.

Watching them molt and lay webs is pretty ****ing awesome. Infact, it's the sole reason for owning one, IMO. They do it very infrequently, though, so you have to keep an eye out, or you'll miss it.

Comment

Working...
                      X