No announcement yet.

U.S. Marines in Afghanistan urinating on dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Most of the civilized world is aware that the Taliban do fucked up things. It doesn't surprise us. They're supposed to be the "bad guys". When our troops invade another country and desecrate the remains of the enemies they kill (for whatever reason) it's obviously going to garner more attention. They represent us.
    It's being dealt with though. The people doing this will be tried and if found guilty they will be punished. Meanwhile negotiations continue to secure the release of Taliban fighters guilty of crimes against Afghan civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Wait a second, are you suggesting that the Taliban did not execute and otherwise brutally punish people they deemed "criminals" at football matches?

http://rawa.org/zarmeena.htm

RAWA is the the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan.

http://www.rawa.org/index.php

Not the UN.
      No, I'm suggesting that you only read on side of things, goes for damn near everything in life. Either way, I don't care, but invading a country requires death, how many articles will you find about how many innocents we've killed in a foreign country?

Is the RAWA piece translated??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Thats exactly what I try to teach my boy, when they're outside playing war with their nerf guns.

No one wants to be the bad guy. Funny thing about that is, over their, we're the bad guys. That term doesn't really exist. Once people realize that there are two sides to every story, sometimes three, then they'll gain a better understanding of what's really going on.
        Try telling girls who can now get an education that "we're the bad guys". Try telling people who can freely listen to music and watch television they "we're the bad guys". Try telling bacha baz male child rape victims that have been freed that "we're the bad guys".

In your effort to fall over yourself in condemning everything your own country does you're forgiving some of the most heinous crimes that one human being can commit against another. Murder, mutilation, child rape, all seems OK as long as no Americans are involved.

Comment

I don't buy the whole "they represent us" argument. This watered-down, idealistic view that is increasingly popular these days that somehow "we're supposed to be better than them" : That the United States is supposed to be more compassionate on the battlefield than the enemies it engages. I find the concept of compassion on the battlefield to be entirely laughable.

War is war, and man is man. And men who train for war are reduced to their most basic predatory instincts for a damn good reason : Because a compassionate soldier is a dead soldier.

Compassion, mercy, empathy, pity, remorse - None of that **** has any place on the battlefield. Period.

And if our leaders would realize this, stop acting like pretentious ****s, and let our military advisors do their job, then our soldiers wouldn't be fighting with one arm tied behind their damn back.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I don't buy the whole "they represent us" argument. This watered-down, idealistic view that is increasingly popular these days that somehow "we're supposed to be better than them" : That the United States is supposed to be more compassionate on the battlefield than the enemies it engages. I find the concept of compassion on the battlefield to be entirely laughable.

War is war, and man is man. And men who train for war are reduced to their most basic predatory instincts for a damn good reason : Because a compassionate soldier is a dead soldier.

Compassion, mercy, empathy, pity, remorse - None of that **** has any place on the battlefield. Period.

And if our leaders would realize this, stop acting like pretentious ****s, and let our military advisors do their job, then our soldiers wouldn't be fighting with one arm tied behind their damn back.

so...... our troops should start acting more like the Taliban in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              No, I'm suggesting that you only read on side of things, goes for damn near everything in life. Either way, I don't care, but invading a country requires death, how many articles will you find about how many innocents we've killed in a foreign country?

Is the RAWA piece translated??
              Read it. I posted the link. It's staggering to be accused of "only reading one side" when I posted the video of the execution at the football stadium and a link from an Afghan women's political association and you STILL claim it's a Western conspiracy!

If you are so determined to continue your fingers-in-the-ears naivety that you will not examine the evidence that has been served up on a platter for you then you have no business in venturing an opinion.

Comment

Try telling girls who can now get an education that "we're the bad guys". Try telling people who can freely listen to music and watch television they "we're the bad guys". Try telling bacha baz male child rape victims that have been freed that "we're the bad guys".

In your effort to fall over yourself in condemning everything your own country does you're forgiving some of the most heinous crimes that one human being can commit against another. Murder, mutilation, child rape, all seems OK as long as no Americans are involved.
                I'm not saying we're the bad guys bro. Never said that. I'm also not condeming us for anything either. Matter of fact, I could care less TBH. What I'm simply saying is that you're only reading and believing one side of the story.

We're in the biggest recesion that my country's ever seen, blamed on the current president. Instead of making war in a far off country, I'd like some changes here, where it matters to me.

Comment

Read it. I posted the link. It's staggering to be accused of "only reading one side" when I posted the video of the execution at the football stadium and a link from an Afghan women's political association and you STILL claim it's a Western conspiracy!

If you are so determined to continue your fingers-in-the-ears naivety that you will not examine the evidence that has been served up on a platter for you then you have no business in venturing an opinion.
                  Again a "western conspiracy", ok bro, carry on.

Comment

When it comes to our enemies, why not?

Pussyfooting around for the last decade, catering to their civil liberties, and hog tying our troops hands behind their backs with bull**** "rules of engagement" haven't really gotten us anyway. Has it?

Comment

Liberties which they themselves don't even recognize.

Comment

Working...
                      X