No announcement yet.

Russell Brand Recieves 20 mill from divorce with Katy Perry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
    I dont need to know anything about the music industry. Her record company saw that she was marketable because she was a good looking piece of ass who had a half decent voice. All her songs are ****e and yes, I am "the kind" who thinks the top footballers are paid too much which they obviously are.
    Your first sentence says it all really.

Just because you don't like her music doesn't mean it's ****e btw.

Comment

All I know is Emz brutally raped everyone in this thread applauding this nonsense with no lube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sick- View Post
        ...damn wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
          She is not getting tax money, no one's forcing anyone to pay her. She sells product(s) that people buy. Same with footballers the billions of ££'s the league generates through TV rights is distributed to clubs who pay the players that ultimately earn that money. Now is it proportionate to rest of society? No but we live in a capitalist world and you can't go on complaining about someone making 'too much' money.
          ^agreed

I always say this same thing about footballers...where would you rather the money go? to the suits?

The players are the ones that attract viewers and bring in trophies which increases profitability, etc therefore they deserve their fair share of the pot. At clubs like Manchester United the players wage bill makes up roughly 50% of Turnover...not an extortionate amount.

Fact of the matter is the money is there and has to be distributed to those that make it possible...If your company started making 100s of millions, because of things that you and your colleagues directly contributed to I am sure you would expect a raise!

Comment

By using that logic, because there is such a huge demand for drugs worldwide, the leaders of the drug cartels deserve there millions. I have no problem with people who want to buy her music but I still feel that very few people in the world deserve nor need such vast sums of money.
            I didn't think i needed to include such an obvious qualifier as legality but there you go. tbf there are 'legal' drug cartels nowadays they're just called pharmaceutical companies but that's a different matter.

I agree with the 'need' bit but once people start making a good amount of money there isn't a ceiling there's always that extra million that could make someone happy even though it would do nothing to increase their quality of life. Footballers, popstars whatever chose a career that's very hard to get into but there is an enormous reward once you make it to the elite level, not everyone can/strives to do what they do but you can't deny there isn't hard work involved and they definitely deserve the money they make because it's a business and their salaries are basically profits that they helped to amass.

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
              I didn't think i needed to include such an obvious qualifier as legality but there you go. tbf there are 'legal' drug cartels nowadays they're just called pharmaceutical companies but that's a different matter.

I agree with the 'need' bit but once people start making a good amount of money there isn't a ceiling there's always that extra million that could make someone happy even though it would do nothing to increase their quality of life. Footballers, popstars whatever chose a career that's very hard to get into but there is an enormous reward once you make it to the elite level, not everyone can/strives to do what they do but you can't deny there isn't hard work involved and they definitely deserve the money they make because it's a business and their salaries are basically profits that they helped to amass.
              I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Bottom line is this, if you are rich and or famous and you marry someone without a prenup, then you are going to take it up the ass with no vaseline.

Make the other person sign that paper and then when and if you split, you don't lose all of your cheddar.

That b1tch shouldn't be making that amount of money for that bull**** ass music anyway. Who buys that ****?

Comment

Worked hard for? She's a pop singer not a minimum wage manual labourer.
                  if its so easy than y aint you a singer
                  Last edited by heat27; 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Paying the price for making **** music

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      Bottom line is this, if you are rich and or famous and you marry someone without a prenup, then you are going to take it up the ass with no vaseline.

Make the other person sign that paper and then when and if you split, you don't lose all of your cheddar.

That b1tch shouldn't be making that amount of money for that bull**** ass music anyway. Who buys that ****?
                      She has great music.

Everyone has different taste, I could say the same thing when I hear lil wayne or drake tracks but to others that stuff is gold.

Her music appeals to this generation and is very catchy.

What can you do? That's how it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X