No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson knocked Wesley Snipes out cold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    WTF does floyd have to do with this conversation? dont be such a god damn creeper pac child.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
      intellectual beating? more delusions of grandeur from wesley. why would i believe this story? its mike fcking tyson. plenty of crazier stories about him than this. i certainly would believe this story over some butt hurt new poster named mysticninjajay going around the internet defending wesley snipes honor lmfaaoooooo

go ahead, give me some more intellectual beat downs wesley
      Here are your words:

Wesely Snipes, a black martial artist movie star, denying he got KTFO by Iron mike is the only FACT you have. That doesnt mean IT DIDNT FACTUALLY HAPPENED. Mike Tyson not mentioning it in a book IS A FACT but that doesnt mean it DIDNT FACTUALLY HAPPENED.

ok jacksass?
      You seem to give credence to the idea that the story actually happened. I mean here you are writing in caps telling me I haven't presented any reliable facts for the story not being true.

Now isn't it logical to think that if both Wesley Snipes and Mike Tyson say there was no fight that there wasn't actually a fight? Isn't that reasonable?

That's all I'm saying.

And again you accuse me of going all over the internet trying to debunk this story. Where else do you think I've gone? I only went here. The only other place I mentioned it is Sherdog where I'm a veteran poster. Why do you care if I bumped this thread to refute this story? Why act like a punk and tell me I'm not welcome here? You seem like the type of person who likes to attack people for no reason other than to be nasty, like you get off on it. Does it make you feel like a big boy to harass new posters like this acting like a total jackass when no one provoked you to do so? That's more pathetic than going around the internet trying to kill an old story (which again I'm not doing).

I think you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if your behavior generates positive outcomes for yourself because the impression I have of you is as an idiot and a jackass who needs a reality check. The internet is only serious business if you let what people say go to your head.

And yes Tyson has done crazier things than this but that doesn't make this story true. There's nothing wrong with me providing evidence that it's not true and there's no reason for you to get an attitude about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
        Here are your words:

You seem to give credence to the idea that the story actually happened. I mean here you are writing in caps telling me I haven't presented any reliable facts for the story not being true.
        i couldnt care less if this story is true or not. You are a new poster most likely an alt who bumped an old thread in the lounge to defend wesley snipe's honor. Your only evidence is the fact that wesley snipes denied it and mike tyson never mentioned it in the book.

Now isn't it logical to think that if both Wesley Snipes and Mike Tyson say there was no fight that there wasn't actually a fight? Isn't that reasonable?

That's all I'm saying.
        Sure its reasonable. but that isnt all you're saying:

Hello everyone. I'm bumping this thread to update the forum on what Wesley Snipes and Mike Tyson had to say about this alleged situation. Snipes said in a 1998 interview with Howard Stern that this story is a total lie. He says he never fought Mike Tyson and they never had any bad words to say about each other.

The interview is on Youtube. It looks like I can't post links yet. Check it out for yourself (search "Wesley Snipes 08 19 98 - The Howard Stern Show" - Starts at 24:29).

Mike Tyson mentions Wesley Snipes in his book Undisputed Truth, but he doesn't say that he fought Snipes. He says that Snipes broke the heart of a girl he was close to and they had a talk at an RnB club that didn't turn violent.

Here's an excerpt:

It's interesting to me that both Mike Tyson and Rudy Gonzalez mention a girl named Hope who was involved with Wesley Snipes. But Tyson says they were just close friends and says nothing about being jealous of Snipes or fighting him in a bathroom. Tyson does suggest that Snipes was intimidated by him when he confronted him and Snipes in the interview insists that he would never fight Mike Tyson, sounding afraid of the idea.

Since neither person says a fight happened I think Tyson's bodyguard was telling lies.

It depends on which Martial Arts you're using. Some are more practical than others. I think that Mixed Martial Arts is very useful in a fight. You don't need all of the flashy stuff they do in movies just the basic striking and grappling techniques will do. Mike Tyson in his prime was a dangerous opponent. He was a world class Boxer with a lot of street fighting experience. I think it would take a high caliber Martial Artist with a lot of street fighting experience to beat him. Snipes doesn't sound like he'd be up to the task but some modern MMA fighters and hardcore Martial Artists probably could.
        It's both how you train and what you're doing. For instance Muay Thai is a more effective striking style than Tae Kwon Do. A good Muay Thai fighter will beat a good Tae Kwon Do fighter the majority of the time. This is because the Muay Thai fighter focuses on more practical striking techniques and a more effective form of full-contact fighting. Tae Kwon Do has its positive qualities. There are Mixed Martial Artists with a Tae Kwon Do background who make use of the flashy kicks they learned from the discipline and are very flexible thanks to their training in the art. But their overall striking improved by leaps in bounds when they train more like a Kickboxer.

Aikido was intended for self-defense against a variety of threats including unarmed opponents, opponents with weapons and multiple opponents. Some of the techniques in Aikido can work in a real fight but the way they train isn't very practical. There are disciplines that are almost completely useless in a real fight like Sumo wrestling and techniques that are bogus such as Dim Mak.

What you really need to be a great fighter is full-contact sparring, modern fitness training and well-rounded skills. You need to spar against a resisting opponent and use practical techniques that you can rely on in an unpredictable, chaotic situation which is what real fighting is.

I think that most Traditional Martial Artists would lose against Mike Tyson in his prime (hell many even now). Wesley Snipes even said in the Howard Stern interview that a lot of Karate practitioners aren't good fighters because they don't have much fighting experience and they lack heart. Few dojos are going to fully prepare you for the reality of street fighting where you not only have to execute proper technique, you've got to be able to take a hit and keep on coming. The advantage that professional fighters have in a street fight is that they actually fight for a living. They have alot of experience. Plus Tyson was a world class athlete. A former world champion. Snipes never even competed in Martial Arts. He knows better than to mess with Tyson.

Now Mixed Martial Artists would whoop Tyson's ass. Cain Velasquez? Alistair Overeem? Even a smaller guy like Jon Jones or Anderson Silva. They could beat a prime Mike Tyson because they have the athleticism, the experience and more tools.

It's cool, bro.

And yes I'm a fan of Snipes. Blade kicked ass! I'm a fan of Tyson too. I just wanted to report the facts.
        Yeah, ok jackass.

I posted the FACT that Wesley Snipes denied they fought and the FACT that Mike Tyson mentions Snipes in his book but doesn't mention a fight. I bumped a thread on Sherdog and Boxingscene only and I only came here because it was the top result on Google. I'm not going anywhere else. For the record I like Boxing so I may pop in from time to time to discuss it. U mad?

Most can not. But Tyson could also have trouble dealing with Snipes' kicks.

Cain Velasquez is a very good wrestler. I could see him getting Tyson to the ground and pounding him out. Anderson Silva is good at a variety of striking disciplines. I could see him getting Tyson in the clinch and doing damage with knees. Tyson could also knock them out but a no rules fight favors the fighter with more ways to win.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. I believe Snipes.

And don't come back here acting like a punk saying it doesn't matter and I have too much time on my hands because you're involved in the conversation yourself.

Just one site. I'm a regular on Sherdog. I only came here because it was the top result on google. I like arguing and setting the record straight on issues.

Why are you whining about it?
        Wesley Snipes dated Halle Berry. So he obviously pulls fine women. Tyson describes her a beautiful so she must have been quite a looker. She's not a celebrity by the sound of it so unfortunately I don't think we can find a picture of her.

I want to know how Wesley Snipes would do in a fight with Mike Tyson.

In the Howard Stern interview he said he got in a lot of fights all the way up to his late 20s. He's a 5th degree Black belt. But he didn't seem confident in being able to fight Mike Tyson. He said he wanted no part of him. I can't blame him. Tyson was a beast in his prime.

You make fl 0m0s look normal. seriously, does wesley pay you in c*ck for this kind of hard work and dedication???? or is remastered copy of sugar hill all it takes?

And again you accuse me of going all over the internet trying to debunk this story. Where else do you think I've gone? I only went here. The only other place I mentioned it is Sherdog where I'm a veteran poster.
        You went here, then you most likely defended wesley's honor in sherdog or whatever else message board you polluted touting wesley snipe's badassery background in martial arts. Blade must have augmented your unhealthy obsession of him with some good old prison TLC.

Why do you care if I bumped this thread to refute this story? Why act like a punk and tell me I'm not welcome here? You seem like the type of person who likes to attack people for no reason other than to be nasty, like you get off on it. Does it make you feel like a big boy to harass new posters like this acting like a total jackass when no one provoked you to do so? That's more pathetic than going around the internet trying to kill an old story (which again I'm not doing).
        i dont care if you bumped this story. im just making fun of your pathetic groveling defense of wesley snipe's undefeated bathroom fighting record by trying to kill an old trivial story that nobody cares about but obviously you do.

I think you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if your behavior generates positive outcomes for yourself because the impression I have of you is as an idiot and a jackass who needs a reality check. The internet is only serious business if you let what people say go to your head.
        I think you need to look in the mirror and stop admiring your copy cat passenger 57 haircut and ask yourself, is it really worth joining a boxing website and get into an argument with a stranger over some trivial ass rumor that nobody cares about except you?

And yes Tyson has done crazier things than this but that doesn't make this story true. There's nothing wrong with me providing evidence that it's not true and there's no reason for you to get an attitude about it.
        again, wesley, you have provided no evidence. all you have provided is cringe worthy wesley snipes face fcking and c um shots to the face. I mean do you know how long it took me to delete all your posts that i wanted to use because it exceeded the text limit?

a long time wesley.

Comment

i couldnt care less if this story is true or not. You are a new poster most likely an alt who bumped an old thread in the lounge to defend wesley snipe's honor.
          Oh no, here come the conspiracy theories! You can check my post history on Sherdog to see that I bumped a thread there too. I don't have an alternate account here.

Your only evidence is the fact that wesley snipes denied it and mike tyson never mentioned it in the book.
          That's pretty good evidence.

Wesley Snipes word that it didn't happen is good enough for me but for Tyson to also indicate that it didn't happen is the nail in the coffin.

Sure its reasonable. but that isnt all you're saying

That's pretty much all I said before I got in an argument with you and talked to another poster about Martial Arts. The main point is that Snipes denies it and Tyson indicates that they didn't fight.

You make fl 0m0s look normal. seriously, does wesley pay you in c*ck for this kind of hard work and dedication???? or is remastered copy of sugar hill all it takes?
          Trust me it's not hard work making a fool out of you.

You went here, then you most likely defended wesley's honor in sherdog or whatever else message board you polluted touting wesley snipe's badassery background in martial arts. Blade must have augmented your unhealthy obsession of him with some good old prison TLC.
          I didn't praise Snipes for his fighting skills although I acknowledge that I really liked Blade. I did mention that Snipes said he would not like to fight Tyson and that Tyson would whoop his ass. Your argument fails.

i dont care if you bumped this story.
          For not caring you sure are putting a lot of effort in to attacking me. You even sent me a negative reputation comment for good measure.

Butthurt much?

im just making fun of your pathetic groveling defense of wesley snipe's undefeated bathroom fighting record by trying to kill an old trivial story that nobody cares about but obviously you do.
          Again I see nothing wrong with bumping this story. I recently discovered both Snipes denial and Tyson's indication that the fight didn't happen so I wanted to share that information.

Sue me.

I think you need to look in the mirror and stop admiring your copy cat passenger 57 haircut and ask yourself, is it really worth joining a boxing website and get into an argument with a stranger over some trivial ass rumor that nobody cares about except you?
          It doesn't bother me to do so.

again, wesley, you have provided no evidence. all you have provided is cringe worthy wesley snipes face fcking and c um shots to the face. I mean do you know how long it took me to delete all your posts that i wanted to use because it exceeded the text limit?

a long time wesley.
          Exhibit A:

Wesley Snipes interview on the Howard Stern Show denying the fight happened.

Exhibit B:

Mike Tyson mentioning a different scenario in his book where the girl Gonzalez mentioned was just a friend who dated Wesley Snipes and after he dumped her Tyson had a friendly chat with Snipes about it.

Those two testimonies qualify as credible evidence the fight didn't happen in the eyes of people who have any sense. You have to lack basic critical thinking skills to deny this. Now maybe you think I care too much. I don't care that much I just thought it was a mildly interesting revelation. As both a Tyson and Snipes fan I found it worth mentioning. And some people found my information interesting on both forums so once again you fail.
          Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 07-20-2014, 10:53 PM.

Comment

It's both how you train and what you're doing. For instance Muay Thai is a more effective striking style than Tae Kwon Do. A good Muay Thai fighter will beat a good Tae Kwon Do fighter the majority of the time. This is because the Muay Thai fighter focuses on more practical striking techniques and a more effective form of full-contact fighting. Tae Kwon Do has its positive qualities. There are Mixed Martial Artists with a Tae Kwon Do background who make use of the flashy kicks they learned from the discipline and are very flexible thanks to their training in the art. But their overall striking improved by leaps in bounds when they train more like a Kickboxer.

Aikido was intended for self-defense against a variety of threats including unarmed opponents, opponents with weapons and multiple opponents. Some of the techniques in Aikido can work in a real fight but the way they train isn't very practical. There are disciplines that are almost completely useless in a real fight like Sumo wrestling and techniques that are bogus such as Dim Mak.

What you really need to be a great fighter is full-contact sparring, modern fitness training and well-rounded skills. You need to spar against a resisting opponent and use practical techniques that you can rely on in an unpredictable, chaotic situation which is what real fighting is.

I think that most Traditional Martial Artists would lose against Mike Tyson in his prime (hell many even now). Wesley Snipes even said in the Howard Stern interview that a lot of Karate practitioners aren't good fighters because they don't have much fighting experience and they lack heart. Few dojos are going to fully prepare you for the reality of street fighting where you not only have to execute proper technique, you've got to be able to take a hit and keep on coming. The advantage that professional fighters have in a street fight is that they actually fight for a living. They have alot of experience. Plus Tyson was a world class athlete. A former world champion. Snipes never even competed in Martial Arts. He knows better than to mess with Tyson.

Now Mixed Martial Artists would whoop Tyson's ass. Cain Velasquez? Alistair Overeem? Even a smaller guy like Jon Jones or Anderson Silva. They could beat a prime Mike Tyson because they have the athleticism, the experience and more tools.

You're using an unfair comparison lol. MMA is a mi which includes "boxing". It's like putting a sprinter in vs a triathlete in a triathlon. Boxing is a huge staple in MMA (as is Muay Thai)

"Art" for "art" you could say, it's going to be hard to beat muay thai or boxing in terms of actual practical use in a general setting. Now add someone who supplements that with wrestling and BJJ and it should be obvious there's an advantage.

Someone who boxes could be an "mma" fighter and vice versa.

Comment

Oh no, here come the conspiracy theories! You can check my post history on Sherdog to see that I bumped a thread there too. I don't have an alternate account here.

That's pretty good evidence.

Wesley Snipes word that it didn't happen is good enough for me but for Tyson to also indicate that it didn't happen is the nail in the coffin.

That's pretty much all I said before I got in an argument with you and talked to another poster about Martial Arts. The main point is that Snipes denies it and Tyson indicates that they didn't fight.

Trust me it's not hard work making a fool out of you.

I didn't praise Snipes for his fighting skills although I acknowledge that I really liked Blade. I did mention that Snipes said he would not like to fight Tyson and that Tyson would whoop his ass. Your argument fails.

For not caring you sure are putting a lot of effort in to attacking me. You even sent me a negative reputation comment for good measure.

Butthurt much?

Again I see nothing wrong with bumping this story. I recently discovered both Snipes denial and Tyson's indication that the fight didn't happen so I wanted to share that information.

Sue me.

It doesn't bother me to do so.

Exhibit A:

Wesley Snipes interview on the Howard Stern Show denying the fight happened.

Exhibit B:

Mike Tyson mentioning a different scenario in his book where the girl Gonzalez mentioned was just a friend who dated Wesley Snipes and after he dumped her Tyson had a friendly chat with Snipes about it.

Those two testimonies qualify as credible evidence the fight didn't happen in the eyes of people who have any sense. You have to lack basic critical thinking skills to deny this. Now maybe you think I care too much. I don't care that much I just thought it was a mildly interesting revelation. As both a Tyson and Snipes fan I found it worth mentioning. And some people found my information interesting on both forums so once again you fail.

you're the most pathetic new poster ive ever met. I mean if you're not an alt, that makes it even worse!!!

I belong here. Im a boxing fan. this is a boxing website. ive been here since 2010. you're new here, went straight to the lounge and bumped an old insignificant trivial thread about wesley snipes getting knocked out in the bathroom then proceeded to suck his c*ck in over i dunno 5000+ words and got into a flame war with a poster calling you out on your pathetic act.

I mean lmfaaooo nobody even cares about it but here you are spouting wesley snipes martial arts background and whatever degeree aikido or karate snipes is in. pretending to be some neutral tyson and snipes fan then in other post completely busting your nut talking about blade

I really hope you're actually wesley snipes because if you're not this just makes your whole existence even sadder. Look at where you are and what you are doing lmmfaaoooo all for Blade and his honor of keeping his undefeated bathroom fight record lmfaaaooooooo

i mean i could understand justin beiber fanboys, floyd fanboys, lebron james, or cristiano ronaldo fanboys, but lmfaaooooo im just dying here in absolute laughter thinking what a fcking wesley snipes stan looks like!!!!

you really are that brotha's keeper lmfaaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ohh wait, what do you call it?

"just setting the facts straight."

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                You're using an unfair comparison lol. MMA is a mi which includes "boxing". It's like putting a sprinter in vs a triathlete in a triathlon. Boxing is a huge staple in MMA (as is Muay Thai)

"Art" for "art" you could say, it's going to be hard to beat muay thai or boxing in terms of actual practical use in a general setting. Now add someone who supplements that with wrestling and BJJ and it should be obvious there's an advantage.

Someone who boxes could be an "mma" fighter and vice versa.
                Mixed Martial Arts is a blend of combat disciplines, this is true.

I'm talking about what is most effective for fighting. When talking about the effectiveness of Martial Arts it does matter how you train and what you're doing. What MMA has taught the world about fighting is that the style you're using isn't as important as what you're actually learning and how you apply it.

Muay Thai and Boxing are more effective than Traditional Martial Arts such as Karate, Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do because they are full-contact striking disciplines. The nature of the training is what makes them superior. When you apply full-contact sparring to the training curriculum in Traditional Martial Arts you breed better fighters. Also forms and katas are really a waste of time. So is breaking boards (as Bruce Lee said boards don't hit back) and bricks.

Full-contact sparring, modern fitness training and well-rounded skills are what you need to be a good fighter. Mixed Martial Arts is superior to Boxing because you learn more skills. Boxing is a part of Mixed Martial Arts but MMA is a more complete form of fighting.

Comment

Mixed Martial Arts is a blend of combat disciplines, this is true.

I'm talking about what is most effective for fighting. When talking about the effectiveness of Martial Arts it does matter how you train and what you're doing. What MMA has taught the world about fighting is that the style you're using isn't as important as what you're actually learning and how you apply it.

Muay Thai and Boxing are more effective than Traditional Martial Arts such as Karate, Kung Fu and Tae Kwon Do because they are full-contact striking disciplines. The nature of the training is what makes them superior. When you apply full-contact sparring to the training curriculum in Traditional Martial Arts you breed better fighters. Also forms and katas are really a waste of time. So is breaking boards (as Bruce Lee said boards don't hit back) and bricks.

Full-contact sparring, modern fitness training and well-rounded skills are what you need to be a good fighter. Mixed Martial Arts is superior to Boxing because you learn more skills. Boxing is a part of Mixed Martial Arts but MMA is a more complete form of fighting.
                  there's a sub forum for failed sports stars come to dominate this sport thread. i mean there's a mmgay sub forum. go talk about wesley's 12th degree blade vampire skills there creeper.

Comment

You need to grow up, dude. Seriously....

I belong here.
                    You belong in an insane asylum.

Comment

Wesley Snipes on Howard Stern denying Tyson Fight

Starts at 24:29.
                      Last edited by MysticNinjaJay; 07-21-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X