No announcement yet.

This film looks so dope - Prometheus!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't trust it, too much hype.

ridley scott has had some stinkers lately, too.

this could be just another insheeption.

not buying into the hype, sorry bros.

mark my words, this will be typical hollywood garbage.

i bet the trailers end up being way better than the movie itself lol

Comment

In all essence, it's an Alien prequel.

Definitely can't wait for this!

Comment

Alien and Aliens were both rated R.

Looks like Prometheus is gonna be PG-13. Bad news.

Same thing happened with Die Hard (R, classic movie) and Live Free or Die Hard (PG-13, cliche action movie garbage)

Terminator 2 was R.

PG-13, bad news man.

Comment

Comment

If people go into the film expecting an Alien prequel they will leave disappointed (because that's not what it is intended to be). It's more akin to Contact and Mission to Mars than Alien, although there are horror elements throughout the film. Just don't expect a truly scary, claustrophobic, thriller, because you won't find it here.

What you will find is an stunning epic/semi-horror that is a genuine pleasure to watch. The vistas are beautiful, the special effects are truly breathtaking, and the story both believable and well paced. The film burns slowly and evolves into a dramatic climax that will have you on the edge of your seat asking for more. It leaves you with more questions than answers, but that's what sequels are for, and I can't wait to see what Prometheus 2 has is store for us when it is inevitably green lighted.

If you judge this film on its own merits it's easily a 4.5/5 summer blockbuster. Just don't think you're getting another Alien because it's not that film.

Comment

Had a friend see this on the studio lot yesterday and he told me, "Lower your expectations considerably." He could only say that the script is downright terrible and he always knew it wasn't going to be a classic when he realized that it was written by one of the showrunners of Lost (Damon Lindelof).

If there are some positives, he did tell me that the use of 3D is, by far, the best in a Hollywood movie yet and that Michael Fassbender gives an awesome performance.

Comment

i'm keeping my expectations low. a lot of horror films these days turn out bad or average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Only know who Charlize Theron and Guy Pierce is. First time I see the other names.
                  Well I don't watch new films but because Idris Elba is in it...I'm seeing this.

EDIT - I've seen much discussion regarding this film and I know I shouldn't be put off but many say it's a waste of time.

Plus one of the Lost guys was a co writer...my faith is shaken considerably.

I'll probably watch this on Google Video like when 300 came out (the last modern film I actually bothered to watch).
                  Last edited by Cloud; 05-31-2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

dont look on wikipedia, some **** has posted the entire plot, spoilers and all

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                      If people go into the film expecting an Alien prequel they will leave disappointed (because that's not what it is intended to be). It's more akin to Contact and Mission to Mars than Alien, although there are horror elements throughout the film. Just don't expect a truly scary, claustrophobic, thriller, because you won't find it here.

What you will find is an stunning epic/semi-horror that is a genuine pleasure to watch. The vistas are beautiful, the special effects are truly breathtaking, and the story both believable and well paced. The film burns slowly and evolves into a dramatic climax that will have you on the edge of your seat asking for more. It leaves you with more questions than answers, but that's what sequels are for, and I can't wait to see what Prometheus 2 has is store for us when it is inevitably green lighted.

If you judge this film on its own merits it's easily a 4.5/5 summer blockbuster. Just don't think you're getting another Alien because it's not that film.
                      Now this is the sort of post that has restored some faith

Comment

Working...
                      X