No announcement yet.

**New York Knicks bandwagon thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    C'mon Bernie, are you telling me that if Phil isn't interested and Jerry is, you're sticking with Woody?
    Not at all !!! Don't twist it !!! If you look back a few posts you'll see my preferences which you just happened to overlook !!!

I'm supporting him (Woodson) through the rest of the season and yes playoffs.

Wish him (Woodson) success and if he does well he deserves an opportunity.

Sloan's a bad fit and unlike D'Antoni its not because of his system !!!

Like I said it aint gonna happen so why go around in circles !!!

You love Sloan so much cut Thibodeau loose we'll snag him up and Sloan can finish where he started !!!

Comment

• Off Topic:

A source close to McGee disputed an ESPN.com report that the 7-foot-1 center has informed the Wizards that he is looking for a contract averaging $14 million this summer.
      http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3...zards#comments

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-14-2012, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
        Not at all !!! Don't twist it !!! If you look back a few posts you'll see my preferences which you just happened to overlook !!!

I'm supporting him (Woodson) through the rest of the season and yes playoffs.

Wish him (Woodson) success and if he does well he deserves an opportunity.

Sloan's a bad fit and unlike D'Antoni its not because of his system !!!

Like I said it aint gonna happen so why go around in circles !!!

You love Sloan so much cut Thibodeau loose we'll snag him up and Sloan can finish where he started !!!
        I don't love Sloan.

We're discussing his merits as a potential coach of the Knicks which I think is the 2nd best option behind Phil.

And why isn't it going to happen if Phil is out of the question and your team misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the 1st rd.?

It has already been reported that Jerry's interested so how is it not a possibility?

Or were you talking about just this season only?

Comment

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
          I don't love Sloan.

We're discussing his merits as a potential coach of the Knicks which I think is the 2nd best option behind Phil.

And why isn't it going to happen if Phil is out of the question and your team misses the playoffs or gets bounced in the 1st rd.?

It has already been reported that Jerry's interested so how is it not a possibility?

Or were you talking about just this season only?
          See Sig, I'm not discussing his (Sloan's) merits you were.

I know what his (Sloan's) merits are. You continued to dish them out as though I was unaware !!!

I'm of the opinion that Sloan is a bad fit. Nothing more nothing less !!!

This is how our convo started ! Remember ?

Jerry Sloan stating he'd be interested means just that he's interested.

After D'Antoni's exit you think the Knick's brass is willing to revisit possible coach/player meltdowns again ? Don't think so !!!

I would love nothing more than an established coach with championship caliber experience to lead this team !!!

When you hear of another let me know !!!
          Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 03-15-2012, 01:30 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Knicks put a stomping on them Trailblazers yesterday.

That was real ugly.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...armelo-anthony

NEW YORK -- Mike D'Antoni and his system are out, Mike Woodson is in and the New York Knicks' first practice with their interim head coach had the feel of training camp all over again.

The biggest question now is how the offense is going to change. You can expect to see more of Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire.

"I just think he's going to utilize his leading scorers, myself and Carmelo," Stoudemire said of Woodson. "He's going to utilize us and take advantage of every opportunity out there on the court. We've been profound scorers all our careers, so he's going to make sure he takes advantage of that."
              Woodson didn't hesitate in saying the offense would be run through his two biggest stars. Thursday was Woodson's first chance to implement some of his own offensive sets, which involved more off-the-ball movement in the halfcourt as opposed to D'Antoni's system, which was predicated on pick and rolls and pushing the pace.

"It's going to be different for sure," Stoudemire said. "Coach Woodson has his philosophy and his offensive schemes, so we've got to readjust to that. I think so far everyone's receiving it well. We're all excited about it and we can't wait to play within his offense."

Woodson said he plans to use Stoudemire more in the post and allow Anthony to do his work on the wing, where he is the most dangerous. Running the offense through Anthony and Stoudemire could mean fewer shots for point guard Jeremy Lin, who carried the team to seven straight wins in mid-February while Anthony was sidelined with a groin strain.

"We're going to use more post-ups," Lin said. "I don't know if the shot distribution is going to be any different. I think the way that we get the shots is going to be different."

Lin said after Wednesday's blowout win over Portland that, including the D-League, he probably had seen six or seven different offensive systems over the past year and a half. He will just have to make another adjustment.

"I've got to continue to be aggressive, but it's going to be in different ways," Lin said. "Different ways to initiate the offense, different ways to score and create. It's going to be definitely a change. There will be challenges for all of us."

D'Antoni's offense always appeared perfect for scorers since everyone had an equal right to shoot. But Anthony struggled to find his place in the system and Stoudemire never found the pick-and-roll success that made him a huge star in Phoenix with Steve Nash or even last year in New York with Raymond Felton. With Stoudemire and Anthony's offensive numbers significantly lower this season, they are ready to embrace something new.

Stoudemire is averaging 17.7 points per game this season. The only times he averaged less than 20 points was his rookie season (13.5) and when he injured his knee in the 2005-06 season as a Sun. Anthony is averaging 21.1 per game, his lowest average since his second season (20.8).

The pressure on the Knicks hasn't dissipated with D'Antoni's departure. It's just shifted toward the players and particularly their biggest scorers.

"It's everybody's ballclub," Woodson said after practice Thursday. "I want everybody to feel comfortable. When I put a guy in the game, he's got a shot. I want him to feel comfortable about making that shot. But I want everybody to know, when it comes to nut-cutting time and I've got a big shot, I'm going to Melo and Amare and guys that have done it.

"A lot of these guys are still young and they're trying to figure it out. Those guys have been around the block a number of times and they've done it, so they'll be the go-to-guys down stretch."

Chris Hunt is a contributor to ESPNNewYork.com.

Comment

• Gettting a team full of egos to the next level must be the hardest thing for a good coach. I think Sloan could do this as he has shown us before. Phil Jackson was also very good at this. Whoever ends up being the coach for the Knicks needs to be able to do this and needs to be the one in charge over any "stars" that wish to run things themself. I have doubts that any interium could do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                  See Sig, I'm not discussing his (Sloan's) merits you were.

I know what his (Sloan's) merits are. You continued to dish them out as though I was unaware !!!

I'm of the opinion that Sloan is a bad fit. Nothing more nothing less !!!

This is how our convo started ! Remember ?

Jerry Sloan stating he'd be interested means just that he's interested.

After D'Antoni's exit you think the Knick's brass is willing to revisit possible coach/player meltdowns again ? Don't think so !!!

I would love nothing more than an established coach with championship caliber experience to lead this team !!!

When you hear of another let me know !!!
                  See, the issue I have with your stance is you're implying, if not outright declaring that the Knicks brass is of the same opinion as you with regards to Sloan being a bad fit.

Remember, you said "it ain't gonna happen" as if you're privy to the fact that Sloan isn't an option at all.

I've spoken to a few die hard Knicks fans, not to mention the few others who showed support in this thread alone so it's not that far-fetched to think that Sloan is a solid choice.

Oh and if you look back, my first response about Sloan is not to you but to Skills who's excited about him.

But you responded to me anyway and that's when all this "discussion" started.

So if you have issues with what I have to say about the matter then ignore my posts and let the other posters who are interested in him as a potential coach respond if they want to.

Comment

• Linsanity is officially over folks. Mike Woodson is not having any of that **** lol. All I care about is defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Linsanity is officially over folks. Mike Woodson is not having any of that **** lol. All I care about is defense.
                      No more excuses for Melo. Every hardcore Knicks fan I've talked too told me that Melo is finally going to step up his game and show us he's the leader. I don't see it happening, but hey we'll find out tonight against Indiana.

Comment

Working...
                      X