Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, it looks like we wont be having an NBA season... CP3 just tweeted this.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Israel Roxx View Post
    The owners are firm negotiators.

I respect firm negotiators.

I hope the owners can pump more capital in their other businesses so they can maintain their wealth and share it with future generations and more grateful employees.
    I get what you're implying but athletes aren't your typical employees.

They're employees alright but at the same time they are THE product.

Just imagine if you own a KFC joint and all of the chickens decided to go to the moon.

No one goes to a restaurant to eat the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
      I get what you're implying but athletes aren't your typical employees.

They're employees alright but at the same time they are THE product.

Just imagine if you own a KFC joint and all of the chickens decided to go to the moon.

No one goes to a restaurant to eat the owner.
      Everyone can be replaced.

It happens all the time.

I am sure the next 500 best players will be willing to play for lots of money.

I say they bring in scabs!

Cut expenses, lower ticket prices, and watch young people get their chance and a nice salary but not extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Israel Roxx View Post
        Everyone can be replaced.

It happens all the time.

I am sure the next 500 best players will be willing to play for lots of money.

I say they bring in scabs!

Cut expenses, lower ticket prices, and watch young people get their chance and a nice salary but not extreme.
        How much money do owners of minor league teams make?

People pay good money to watch pros play because they are under the notion that they're watching the best go up against the best.

Take that away and sad to say it's not going to be as profitable.

Comment

Players get an unfair share of the pie in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
            How much money do owners of minor league teams make?

People pay good money to watch pros play because they are under the notion that they're watching the best go up against the best.

Take that away and sad to say it's not going to be as profitable.

Hopefully the owners can put their interest in other businesses so they can remain billionaires while employing more people and relegating people who success is achieved solely on athletic ability to less than 90,000 per year like they deserve.

I like the idea of a star filling out a resume competing with 1000's of others to get a job where their physical abilities don't matter.

That would be enjoyable to see.

I wish the owner's the best of luck.

Comment

let them play around the world. Won't hurt them, nor would it hurt the sport

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                let them play around the world. Won't hurt them, nor would it hurt the sport

That's actually a cool idea.

Thing is, a lot of the talent would pretty muich have to go to the same leagues as you get three or four stars and the rest of the world's teams normal guys and you got guys getting 55 points 25 boards and 10 blocks a night.

Comment

fuukkk

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    That's actually a cool idea.

Thing is, a lot of the talent would pretty muich have to go to the same leagues as you get three or four stars and the rest of the world's teams normal guys and you got guys getting 55 points 25 boards and 10 blocks a night.
                    not that the rest of the world is like the NBA, but there is a lot of talent around the world, mainly the Spanish league. There are many players around that could play in the NBA but prefer out of convenience stay in other places. Also, having basketball superstars play around the world for some time would also help improve the other leagues in terms of quality and the players would have to improve their game. In my eyes is a good situation no matter which angle I see it as

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                      not that the rest of the world is like the NBA, but there is a lot of talent around the world, mainly the Spanish league. There are many players around that could play in the NBA but prefer out of convenience stay in other places. Also, having basketball superstars play around the world for some time would also help improve the other leagues in terms of quality and the players would have to improve their game. In my eyes is a good situation no matter which angle I see it as

I guess I've watched too much Asian pro hoops as Europe is a lot better your right.

That would be cool cuz you get some rich Euro companies to buy in, big crowds and interest ( I believe NBA has a ton anyways) and they can see these guys live.

Cool idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X