Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Public Schools want to allow Muslim prayers but not the Lord's prayer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools' pushing white guilt, liberalism, and falisifed claims and distorted perceptions of history are bigger issues than allowing Muslims to pray.

Comment

Whats sad is that 3rd world countries have way better education, their grade 5 curriculum is like our grade 10th. Have you seen the new generation of kids? They're a bunch of snotty, no respecting derrrpers who dont know anything without Google. Its a huge joke, teachers just baby sit.

You cant discipline kids, everyone gets a special curriculum, special "months", etc etc etc.

We are creating a generation of weak minded sheep who wont be able to think outside the box or know anything about the world.

Everything is taboo or Politically Correct now a days, everyone needs to pass!

When was the last time you saw someone held back a grade?

In Russia I seen someone get held back 2 years in GRADE 1, same with China. In Canada? You can skip every day and graduate High School

Comment

Oh Canada done goofed.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
          Youre thinking about Newfoundland not Nova Scotia.
          My weed dealer is Newfie, lovely woman. Just cheap as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
            For the most part I agree. I believe society should be secular.

However, the problem is that it is the duty of devout Muslims to pray 5 times a day. If school interferes with this, then its creating a problem for the person. Thats also not fair.

Well you know what? My religion requires that I get 3 *******s per day and work for 1 hour while getting $1000, oh you cant do it? Well that's unfair!! Im a devout follower of my religion. Sounds silly?

Can Muslims prove their religion is real? That their god exists? nope nope nope.

So how stupid is that? Who cares about your religion when there hasn't been a shred of evidence to support that its real.

but I guess Canada should bend over backwards so it meets every single religion on earth?

If you want to pray 5 times a day go to your own private school that teaches your fairy tales, I as a Tax Payer aint PAYING FOR THAT CHIT

Its the persons fault they follow some fairy tales, not the school boards or governments. Its a complete joke. Muslims want everyone to respect their rights or their religion when they will never in a million years accept anyone else s.

Try going to Muslim country and try telling them about your religious needs and tell me what happens.

but yet Muslims come here and DEMAND that the government bend over backwards for them.
            Last edited by Joseph Stalin; 10-04-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
              Well you know what? My religion requires that I get 3 *******s per day and work for 1 hour while getting $1000, oh you cant do it? Well that's unfair!! Im a devout follower of my religion. Sounds silly?

Can Muslims prove their religion is real? That their god exists? nope nope nope.
              Charter of Rights & Freedoms of Canada, established in 1982, gives people the right and freedom to associate with, and practice their religion as a human right.

Since devout Muslims feel they have to pray 5 times a day, they should be allowed to do this.

If school disallows this, this is in violation with the Canadian Constitution, Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

It is in effect a violation of a basic human right.

Comment

I will reiterate my stance a final time:

I believe school should be secular. Religion should never be encouraged.

However at the same time, it is unfair, and unjust to not allow religious people to exercise their religion.

In limiting people's religious expression, we are taking steps backwards in human rights.

Comment

As a white European, non practising Muslim, I have a very progressive view on Islam.

I believe in this situation, it is important for school and society to be secular.

However, as society we must also allow freedom to worship any religion.

It is important to adhere to human rights and give the freedom to worship.

So it is my opinion that Muslims should be allowed to pray in school as long as its done peacefully, quietly, and as an optional thing. Of course, it should never be encouraged, or supported publicly in any way. It should be an optional, discreet service.

Comment

I will reiterate my stance a final time:

I believe school should be secular. Religion should never be encouraged.

However at the same time, it is unfair, and unjust to not allow religious people to exercise their religion.

In limiting people's religious expression, we are taking steps backwards in human rights.
                    You are a disgrace.

People can choose their religion, however, they cannot choose their race. You really should just shut up. Your opinion is about as relevant to this thread as my cat is.

Comment

Charter of Rights & Freedoms of Canada, established in 1982, gives people the right and freedom to associate with, and practice their religion as a human right.

Since devout Muslims feel they have to pray 5 times a day, they should be allowed to do this.

If school disallows this, this is in violation with the Canadian Constitution, Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

It is in effect a violation of a basic human right.

No it isnt. and that Freedom lets you practice your religion.

It doesn't mean people will bend over backwards for you, So I guess if Muslims said they needed to pray 20 times its okay? Or if they said they cant fail a test, I guess that's okay too right?

If they want to pray 5 times a day that's their own choice, they can go home or do it in the bathroom, if they miss a class or test that's their own fault.

They shouldn't get special treatment because of their religion in a Publicly funded school

Tell me this, what would stop me from creating my own religion and writing a bunch of dumb laws? Would Canada honor it? I will have as much evidence that it exists as any other religion does.

That charter applies to Religion in general, so you have a freedom of religion, not so they can skip school or get special treatment.

Im tired of these clowns coming to Canada and forcing the pansy Government to change its rules because these people dont want to integrate into society, we are becoming UK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X