Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Public Schools want to allow Muslim prayers but not the Lord's prayer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
    Personally I dont think any religion should be teached in public schools.

I remember when I went to highschool in Toronto, our school had a Muslim club, and on Fridays they would get together and be allowed to miss class to pray.

This process is not hurting anybody, and as long as theyre peaceful about their behaviour I dont have a problem with it.

Religion should never be taught or encouraged in school however. It should simply be left as "optional".

Honestly, I have more of a problem with schools teaching Black History Month, or trying to make whites feel guilty because of slavery.

Personally, I don't think you have any business trying to sound superior and being a pretentious **** when you actually use the word teached. Fu*kwit it's taught.

Comment

this guy is hilarious............

Comment

Personally I dont think any religion should be teached in public schools.

I remember when I went to highschool in Toronto, our school had a Muslim club, and on Fridays they would get together and be allowed to miss class to pray.

This process is not hurting anybody, and as long as theyre peaceful about their behaviour I dont have a problem with it.

Religion should never be taught or encouraged in school however. It should simply be left as "optional".

Honestly, I have more of a problem with schools teaching Black History Month, or trying to make whites feel guilty because of slavery.

School tries to teach whites to feel guilty about enslaving blacks, and school tries to preach a distorted view on history. This is what I take issue with.

Religion should be BANNED from schools, any form of religion or religious study needs to be banned, if you want to learn about it either go to a PRIVATE SCHOOL, that teaches your religion or go to University and study it.

Infact I dont think they even taught anything, they just say its "Black History Month" but thats about it, since regular History teaches you about the Railroads and etc etc. So it isnt anything new, which is why everyone skipped class.

Religion has no place in school at ALL.

oh and Black History Month is a bunch of BS too, nobody really cares about it, not even the Black kids, I went to a 90% Black school, February was our favorite month because 75% of the Kids skipped almost all the classes that month because you didnt learn anything and just watched movies.
        Last edited by Joseph Stalin; 10-04-2011, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by I ♥ RVP View Post
          Personally, I don't think you have any business trying to sound superior and being a pretentious **** when you actually use the word teached. Fu*kwit it's taught.
          Look at my above post, I used the word "taught"

You clearly falsified my quote.

Comment

Originally posted by I ♥ RVP View Post
            take that, ****sexual. and from a girl, too.

Comment

liar, i saw it. you edited it.

Comment

Nice try ****o. I don't need to falsify your stupidity. I just happen to be quicker than you are. Nice edit though.

Idiot.

You have all the credibility of a Church Street crack-whore. Now, do us a favour and take your clearly racist agenda and kindly shove it up your arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
                  [/B]

Religion should be BANNED from schools, any form of religion or religious study needs to be banned, if you want to learn about it either go to a PRIVATE SCHOOL, that teaches your religion or go to University and study it.

Infact I dont think they even taught anything, they just say its "Black History Month" but thats about it, since regular History teaches you about the Railroads and etc etc. So it isnt anything new, which is why everyone skipped class.

oh and Black History Month is a bunch of BS too, nobody really cares about it, not even the Black kids, I went to a 90% Black school, February was our favorite month because 75% of the Kids skipped almost all the classes that month because you didnt learn anything and just watched movies.
                  what high school did you go to?

Comment

Canadian for Newfies.
                    Youre thinking about Newfoundland not Nova Scotia.

Comment

For the most part I agree. I believe society should be secular.

However, the problem is that it is the duty of devout Muslims to pray 5 times a day. If school interferes with this, then its creating a problem for the person. Thats also not fair.

I will reiterate my stance: I believe school and society should be secular. Practising religion should always be optional. If done peacefully, there is no problem whatsoever.

I also think that Propaganda should not be included in the curriculum.

My school in Toronto constantly portrayed Europeans negatively. Blaming slavery on whites and trying to make us guilty for enslaving blacks.

While at the same time, the curriculum ignores to mention that slavery is a natural process and occurred to all peoples and all races over history.

The education is biased towards the left wing. Its propaganda and its disgusting.

School doesnt give Europeans the historical credit they deserve, and instead they try to make whites guilty for slavery. While also ignoring important events in history which are untaught.

Comment

Working...
                      X