Now post a picture of yourself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
    Of course....
    i want to see this video of you thumping out 42 pull ups.. i'm not saying you cant do it at all; i just want to watch the thing.

even if you are 170 when wet and have some of the shortest arms i've ever seen on a grown man that's unbelievably impressive

i kid

good work.

i think i could have probably done no more than 15-20 in my prime of pull up prime (the teens // very early 20's,) and i was that guy in the weight room that everybody would ask "yo can you spot me on this next set, bro?"

if i wanted to create the perfect pull up machine i'd probably take a failed rock climber. somebody without the length of a world class climber, but somebody who is completly boiled down instead of built up.

when i was in the 220's and lifting heavy weight i could do literally half the pull ups i could do when i was 17 years old and a year round athlete. maybe less.
    i suppose when you're lifting weights you're looking to work muscles, and not simply go for numbers, so it's possible that i could have done more.
    i'd warm up with five or ten with a wide grip and feel like i was working hard. slow on the way down and then right back up quick. i was really just trying to shake the cobwebs out and take some pressure off my lower back by being weightless for a period, not really to get in hard work.

ten pull ups is honestly a lot
    i'd be shocked if the average guy on bscene can do ten flippin pull ups.
    Last edited by New England; 07-01-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy View Post
      Aren't you a personal trainer ...?
      haven't you ever heard of a minor language barrier? Besides, i teach boxing - many terms that you non-atheletic types use are not terms that i would understand and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        haven't you ever heard of a minor language barrier? Besides, i teach boxing - many terms that you non-atheletic types use are not terms that i would understand and vice versa.

do you have any fighters making any waves in your local or regional amateur scene?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post

Even my fluffy ass knew what it was, fix up, Horton.

Originally posted by New England View Post
          do you have any fighters making any waves in your local or regional amateur scene?
          He trains kids, I was going to send my son to him, but then I remembered he's a ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy View Post
            He trains kids, I was going to send my son to him, but then I remembered he's a ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              They're usually referred to as press ups over here.
              that's what i thought.

bossy = lol

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                Not yet. lol but most of the youngsters that I work with are under 12. many are starting to come along with basics nicely. my big coming out will be the brampton cup next february.

Comment

• I am off to try and get me some heat stroke, running around the street and skipping rope like a phaggot. if i don't get back within the next two hours you all know why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
                    Definitely man. I studied some martials arts and most of it was technique but even better was the understanding. If you know what you do, as opposed to just do a physical thing, you can get more out of it. You will hit the pads with a snap that generates power that hurts as opposed to a thudding power which moves. Wing Chun for example the Chi Sao, new people think it is weight and power, but it is feeling. If you feel when someone pushes too hard, or is too weak, you get them.

Mind over matter may sound like a cliche, but my advice to you all, sit down, and think what are you doing, why and how? Then do it.

Comment

• Oh yeah?

I got a bigger e-penor then anybody on here.

I can pop lock, while bench pressing a Cadillac with a 502.

All the while sipping a Peach Tea Snapple.

You don't want none of this 146 pound badassery.

Comment

Working...
                      X