Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Jose Feliciano not acknowledged as a top 10 ATG guitar player?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boi Xavier Cugat wreckkn' shop... pay attenton to teh trumpet.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      thats a touchy subject

ive been playing for about 10 years and i rarely ever actually look down at the guitar because its all muscle memory by this point.

im not saying its easy for the guy of course
      don't get me wrong, but for a blind person to learn to play the way they do is something special. They develop their hearing/listening skills/senses to a point where is superhuman so it helps them somewhat. But when you learn to play guitar you have to look at the strings, where are u putting your fingers and specially where is your teacher, or the player in the video, etc, is putting his hands at.

Is he the greatest? far from it. But I've seen lists like the one RSM put a long time ago and he wasn't in it and that is just an insult for a player like him and many others outside of the rock'n'roll and blues genres

Comment

Why isn't he acknowledged?

Coz the people who acknowledge lately sucks balls but has power over multimedia.

IMO Jose Feliciano is up there above Paco de Lucia and side by side with Andres Segovia.

Heck, ask the fastest guitarists out there (Neil Zaza, Malmsteen, Petrucci, Al DiMeola, Vai, Johnny Hiland, Eric Johnson) and they would tell you they don't hold a candle.

Modern guitarists ought to thanks these flamenco players, coz like what the saying say, they are the reason guitar is played like it should be today. It just evolved.

Comment

Depends who's acknowledging the artist.

Most of the lists thrown around are based on popularity it seems.

Although i think it's near impossible to come up with a definitive list of top 10 guitarists, Jose's name is one that rarely crops up on any list. There's too many styles and genre's for starters.

I've been listening to a lot more 'classical' guitarists lately. Players such as Segovia, Julian Bream, Mangore etc.. and find their technical skill among the best i've heard. I'm biased towards blues guitarists, however, picking a list with the likes of Paco De Lucia, Django Reinhardt, Eddie Lang, Lonnie Johnson, Charlie Christian, Hendrix, Ramon Montoya etc.. is near impossible.

Comment

I love Jose Feliciano, and he's definitely in my top 5 favorite guitar players. He has an incredible fusion of styles and rhythm, and he's a pretty damn good singer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
              You nailed it man. Feliciano is creating all those effects with his natural attributes. He's not plugged into some 12 step pedal with 400 effects that allow you to pretend you can manipulate the instrument.

What he does is organic.

Its not even a contest.

Its akin to a master photographer creating effects in camera through skill of film exposure and manipulation of light vs. some photoshopping dip**** who relies on photoshop algorithms to do his dirty work

Dumbest analogy I've seen on BoxingScene in quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                Dumbest analogy I've seen on BoxingScene in quite some time.
                Sorry electricfag. Analogy is spot on. I know of which I speak.

Go play with your big muff.

Comment

FFS.

He's a virtuoso and the ******s that run Rolling Bone and all the other loser music mags never even count him or put him in their gay ass lists.

He deserves ATG billing. At least top 5 AT imo.

And oh yeah. He's blind.

too much talent not enough creativity.

Wooten makes top 10 bassist because theres not that many amazing bassists.

but this guy has quite a few people hes up against with immense talent and creativity.

on talent alone id rank him with jimmy Page though.

creativity wise id rank buddy holly, brian may, roy orbison and many more above him, hell id even rank george harrison above him and he didnt even do the while my guitar gently weeps solo.
                  Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-22-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Sorry electricfag. Analogy is spot on. I know of which I speak.

Go play with your big muff.
                    You don't know **** about guitar.

I wanna see how many more times you gonna post that video of Banderas "playing" guitar. lol

Comment

I did'nt even know that such a list exist.

But there's got to be 2 kinds Electric guitar and acoustic guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X