Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate The Last Film You Saw!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Atlas is a movie for the pseudos.... "Hey look we all have souls that are reincarnated via a birthmark "

I had high expectations and was excited going in after watching the trailer, needless to say I was severely let down.
    Last edited by deliveryman; 01-02-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
      Cloud Atlas is a movie for the pseudos....

I had high expectations and was excited going in, needless to say I was severely let down.
      You are a closed-minded dullard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
        You are a closed-minded dullard.
        And why am I closed-minded? Is it because I find the whole concept of reincarnation absurd?

Comment

And why am I closed-minded? Is it because I find the whole concept of reincarnation absurd?
          Did you hate Harry Potter because the concept of people casting spells is absurd?

Comment

Which stories? They were all linked.
            Of course they were linked that was the whole point, but there was not a lot of substance.

Kind of felt like going to a pantomime, were the cast change every two minutes in a booth.

Comment

Did you hate Harry Potter because the concept of people casting spells is absurd?
              I've actually never watched a Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book, partially because of that reason, but mostly because I haven't taken the time to sit down and actually read the book despite being told good things about it.

The difference is that Harry Potter for one, is marketed toward children and clearly takes place in some alternate Harry Potter reality. Another example would be Lord of the Rings, which has it's own universe, almost.

Cloud Atlas on the other hand clearly takes our regular day-to-day reality and pretentiously throws in reincarnation as a way to symbolize the underlying theme of interconnectedness (a theme I actually agree with). The actual plot points of the movie could of worked exactly the same without souls being reincarnated through birthmarks.

I never said I hated Cloud Atlas. It wasn't my cup of tea. If you check my thread history, you'll even see that I created a thread right before I saw the movie.
              Last edited by deliveryman; 01-02-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• The notebook 8/10 imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                  Of course they were linked that was the whole point, but there was not a lot of substance.

Kind of felt like going to a pantomime, were the cast change every two minutes in a booth.
                  You should watch it again. Most, if not all scenes held significance to the story.

Comment

• Just saw 13 assassins and I have to say it's the best samurai movie I have ever seen. The villain is one of the most evil mother****ers I can remember seeing on the screen, and the ending was very satisfying. On one hand it's a movie of mindless slaughter, on a deeper level it embodies everything a true samurai is supposed to represent.

Favorite line: "he who values his own life will die a dog's death."

9/10
                    Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I've actually never watched a Harry Potter movie or read a Harry Potter book, partially because of that reason, but mostly because I haven't taken the time to sit down and actually read the book despite being told good things about it.

The difference though, is that Harry Potter for one, is marketed toward children and clearly takes place in some alternate Harry Potter reality. Another example would be Lord of the Rings, which has it's own universe, almost.

Cloud Atlas on the other hand clearly takes our regular day-to-day reality and pretentiously throws in reincarnation as a way to symbolize the underlying theme of interconnectedness. The actual plot points of the movie could of worked exactly the same without souls being reincarnated through birthmarks.

I never said I hated Cloud Atlas. It wasn't my cup of tea. If you check my thread history, you'll even see that I created a thread right before I saw the movie.
                      Reincarnation is only implied in the film. The birthmarks have nothing to do with reincarnation (how did you come to that conclusion?) The people with birthmarks are the ones who influence the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X