Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Police Just Man Handled My Mother! What Should we do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This **** Just really has my Blood Boiling because as a Son I don't want no Man Putting their hands on my mother wether its a police officer or not like that. Especially if my mother wasn't doing anything wrong. I also feel if anyone was going to touch her that it should have been the female officer that was there. I'm thinking about going to the News stations about this. It's Just horrible because my mother really didnt have anything to do with the situation. She Just didnt understand how people could be beating on her her neighbor who was pregnant. I really don't understand how This one male cop handled my mother the way he did when everyone else was acting much worse. Then the cop immediately left the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_WooDoX View Post
      My mother is white but she looks spanish and the neighborhood is mostly Spanish with some blacks and few whites. My father came to see what was going on and hes puerto rican & i'm Puerto rican & White. The cops are known to be racist around here though. My mother has never been in any type of trouble and she is like the community mom always helping and feeding people.
      Puero Ricans are pretty much white.

If you are sure of it, and your mom is aswell. I'd see an attorney a definately take photos of the injuries now and document any swelling or further bruising.

I dont know the policy but you might be able to obtain a copy of the video, problem is you will probably have to invest a lot money into the cause first and if the video reveals the cop was acting within his duty then you just wasted a lot of time and money.

You need to speak to an attorney who knows the rules. I hate to say it, but your mom may not have the most accurate depiction of the officers duty. Im not saying she does or doen't, but you both need to be aware of it before investing all that time and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_WooDoX View Post
        This **** Just really has my Blood Boiling because as a Son I don't want no Man Putting their hands on my mother wether its a police officer or not like that. Especially if my mother wasn't doing anything wrong. I also feel if anyone was going to touch her that it should have been the female officer that was there. I'm thinking about going to the News stations about this. It's Just horrible because my mother really didnt have anything to do with the situation. She Just didnt understand how people could be beating on her her neighbor who was pregnant. I really don't understand how This one male cop handled my mother the way he did when everyone else was acting much worse. Then the cop immediately left the scene.
        Your mom approached a violent person, people don't normally do this and tell them to hit them. They would reasonably expect they would be attached. If there is evidence that she walked toward the woman telling her to hit her, the officer would reasonable restrain her. Its very possible she tried to wiggle through the cops, you know just as a "get off me, Im cool" type of thing, but thats not a legitimate defense to resisting.

Comment

You probably dont want to hear this but the police were called for a disturbance which was a fight. And when they get there and see people fighting they have to detain all of them using force if necessary. Thats just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
            Your mom approached a violent person, people don't normally do this and tell them to hit them. They would reasonably expect they would be attached. If there is evidence that she walked toward the woman telling her to hit her, the officer would reasonable restrain her. Its very possible she tried to wiggle through the cops, you know just as a "get off me, Im cool" type of thing, but thats not a legitimate defense to resisting.
            Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            You probably dont want to hear this but the police were called for a disturbance which was a fight. And when they get there and see people fighting they have to detain all of them using force if necessary. Thats just the way it is.
            I'm with both of yall on this...I'm sorry for how the cop handled your mom and she sustained some injuries, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position. From the sound of things, there were plenty of witnesses and the cops were already on their way when she approached the group fighting. The cops are all about asking questions later. Their job is to diffuse the situation and then get to the bottom of things, and since she was in the middle of it, they had no time to distinguish the attackers from the victims.

I feel where you're coming from though. If that was my mother, I'd be pissed. I'd probably be in jail right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
              My Mother did not walk towards the Violent Person. She Just said if you are going to hit me then do what u gotta do Because the girl threatened her. My mother in no way resisted and the cop was just throwing her around like nothing. Everyone seen it. If my mother was resisting, Wouldn't she be getting arrested or fined for resisting ? I don't know, it Just seems like officers are held above the law. If that officer was a normal citizen he would be arrested for assault. People in the neighborhood has said this particular officer is know to be a bully and has problems with treating woman like ****.

Comment

Suck a dick....

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  I understand but the others were the ones fighting not my mother and she was the only one detained...
                  Last edited by DJ OxXx; 09-10-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I dunno, A lot of you make good points on how the law works and stuff but I just believe this officer had used excessive force. It was not called for.

Comment

Its probably best to leave it be. Tell your mom to avoid situations like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X