No announcement yet.

Jersey got hit hard by Irene...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey got hit hard by Irene...

Where I live got hit hard. Our power went out around 10 pm and for about 7 hours my dad and I were getting water out of the basement because our electricity was down and our basement was flooding. Buckets of buckets of water for hours, my hands are torn apart right now and my ankes/legs are so messed up. I constantly walked up steps with buckets of water. Took them about 7 hours turn the electricity on.

Our generator pumps, 2 of them both failed that is why we had to do it manually. When the power came back on around 4:30 am in the morning we were able to use the pumps from the electricity and we saved our basement!

A big tree in our back yard smashed two of our cars we don't use but one of the cars was my favorite called the tornadda or whatever..

**** you Irene, we generally don't get hit as hard as we did last night.

The part of Jersey I'm from is quite close to Philly, we don't get hit this hard normally. Last night sucked ass.

Hope all is well.

Comment

Sucks. Luckily by the time the storm reached NY, it died down a little. In my neighborhood, the tropical storm in the summer of 2006 did more damage than Irene. In 06 nearly everyone in the area lost power for a few days, the telephone near my parent's driveway came down and trees were down all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
        Hope all is well.
        Well, were alive and our basement was saved even if it did **** our backs, shoulders, ankles, and knees up. It was worth it because my weight-room is down there and so is the electricity. I think our house is set up weird and if the water rised high enough to touch the outlets it could destroy stuff or something. Last night felt like I was in hell, it felt like the ultimate training in a bad way.

Thanks all for the support.

Comment

I don't understand all the panic. We get 5 or 6 storms like that a year over here in the northwest coast, and no one says shit. We have big fir trees that tumble over and fuck shit up too.

http://www.climate.washington.edu/stormking/
          Last edited by Battle*Hardened; 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
            I don't understand all the panic. We get 5 or 6 storms like that a year over here in the northwest coast, and no one says shit. We have big fir trees that tumble over and fuck shit up too.

http://www.climate.washington.edu/stormking/
            We didn't care that the trees smashed up the cars, well it bothers my dad a bit. But our basement was flooding and getting ruined. We had to manually take water out for about 7 hours. Climbing up crappy steps that my feet were much bigger then. I ran into stuff with my head constantly.

Our basement is old style and it must have been belt for midgets or something and I'm only 5'10 but when I walked up the steps my head would smack into the top of the basement door-way unless I remembered to lower my body.

We don't usually get storms this bad here. My dad is going to buy a good generator from the store, because we don't want to go through something like that again. No more cheap brands that don't start up when you need them!

Comment

At least you and your family are a alive and health, fcuk the rest of the **** it can be replaced

Comment

I live in Houston, so we get Hurricanes all the time.

Sucks so bad when the power is out for an extended time. When Ike hit, power was out for like a week.

Sorry to hear about your cars getting damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
                  We didn't care that the trees smashed up the cars, well it bothers my dad a bit. But our basement was flooding and getting ruined. We had to manually take water out for about 7 hours. Climbing up crappy steps that my feet were much bigger then. I ran into stuff with my head constantly.

Our basement is old style and it must have been belt for midgets or something and I'm only 5'10 but when I walked up the steps my head would smack into the top of the basement door-way unless I remembered to lower my body.

We don't usually get storms this bad here. My dad is going to buy a good generator from the store, because we don't want to go through something like that again. No more cheap brands that don't start up when you need them!
                  Ya I get what your saying, and why your worried as you should be.

The media just bothers me because they never talk about storms over here... The big trees we have make it even more dangerous. Just a few years back we were getting gusts up to 130 for 2 days straight.... 2 days the storm pounded on us. No media talked about it a week before it hit. No media talked more then a tiny bit about how it was declared a disaster area for over a week..

I mean just right outside my house (I live on a country road) there were 12 trees over the road in a 100 yard stretch... Big fucking trees. On a 13 mile stretch of road over 500 trees were over the road. No one had power for 2 weeks.

Comment

Which state are you at? Or is that personal?

Comment

Working...
                    X