No announcement yet.

English anti riot lads patrol the streets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
    as AKAMACK say...that was 20 years ago. now america is a debt ridden society with serious race issues (you can just read the forum and see american racism for yourself...i read about crackers and other crap everyday). we also have serious issues in the uk but you guys trying to portray america as some amazing nation which unfortunately is a portrait 20 years out of date. Don't forget that corporate america is the major factor in the financial crisis that caused misery for everybody around the world. i personally don't think that's anything to be proud of. maybe america in the 1950's to 1980's was decent but nowadays you guys have pretty serious issues same with us in the uk.
    Don't get your picture of America from internet posters, for GODS sake.

Do you know that crime in America is at an all time low? Even in this economic crisis, there are less and less crimes being committed. Teen pregnancy has dropped, teen usage of alcohol and drugs has also dropped.

The economic crisis happened not because of our system, but because of the lack of regulation in Wall Street and the greed of those people.

Race isn't as big an issue as people would like you to believe either. Yes of course there are racially motivated crimes in America but in a country where you have 350 million people and so many diverse ethnic groups, there is bound to have something happen.

For the record, Europe is in much WORSE shape economically than America. Look at Spain and Greece alone, they are on the verge of economic collapse and since the Euro is shared as a currency, that would worry me. I understand England doesn't have the Euro but this economic crisis will effect ALL European countries.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      America is turning into a shithole and there are multiple reasons for criticism. I only found it hypocritical to critize America for a riot thats 20 years old while in the aftermath of a huge riot yourself. Your pride just seems unfounded.
      I'm very proud to be English but at the moment we are in no position to criticise other countries. Anerica is a great country with much to be proud but will say that it seems we are importing some of the bad bits such is this gangsta culture you have

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        America is turning into a shithole and there are multiple reasons for criticism. I only found it hypocritical to critize America for a riot thats 20 years old while in the aftermath of a huge riot yourself. Your pride just seems unfounded.
        nah i'm just dumbfounded how a so called great society such as america thinks it's ok to have guns which obviously means human deaths.

that sort of mentality is just plain wrong.

Comment

nah i'm just dumbfounded how a so called great society such as america thinks it's ok to have guns which obviously means human deaths.that sort of mentality is just plain wrong.
          Comments like that aren't correct though. Its equivalent to me saying the UK isnt great because you all believe in burglarizing your own communities. You cant just take random pieces of information and try to piece them together into fact.

Comment

nah i'm just dumbfounded how a so called great society such as america thinks it's ok to have guns which obviously means human deaths.

that sort of mentality is just plain wrong.
            That argument is dead though. Here in America, there are so many guns that to try and eliminate them would be futile. Plus it's part of our Constitutional right so it won't be changed any time soon.

I'm not a pro gun guy but I do think guns can be used for good, especially if you can't stop the criminals from owning them.

Did you know here in the U.S, states with more lenient gun laws have less crime. States with very strict gun laws have more crime, especially in the city.

If the criminal has a gun, you better believe I am going to have one. Like Ice Cube said, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              That argument is dead though. Here in America, there are so many guns that to try and eliminate them would be futile. Plus it's part of our Constitutional right so it won't be changed any time soon.

I'm not a pro gun guy but I do think guns can be used for good, especially if you can't stop the criminals from owning them.

Did you know here in the U.S, states with more lenient gun laws have less crime. States with very strict gun laws have more crime, especially in the city.

If the criminal has a gun, you better believe I am going to have one. Like Ice Cube said, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
              glad to know that you aren't pro arms.

but you do realise that guns are an integral part in american society, that even school children can get hold of them, hence the infamous series of school shootings in america.

of course you can get illegal guns in other places like the uk, but if you aren't streetwise and an emo school boy, it's less likely that you will be able to get hold of a gun.

Comment

glad to know that you aren't pro arms.

but you do realise that guns are an integral part in american society, that even school children can get hold of them, hence the infamous series of school shootings in america.

of course you can get illegal guns in other places like the uk, but if you aren't streetwise and an emo school boy, it's less likely that you will be able to get hold of a gun.
                It's not that I am pro or against arms, I just think that argument has been won by the pro gun people in America.

If you ask me whether or not I would like to live in a world without guns, of course I take no guns but I also live in reality and not fantasy. That **** isn't going to happen so I choose to arm myself with the same caliber or weapon the bad guys have.

We have a saying here in America, you don't want to go to a gun fight with a knife....

Comment

that guy with the bugged out eyes is on cocaine

100% confident about that

no way in hell he's not on cocaine

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    Don't get your picture of America from internet posters, for GODS sake.

Do you know that crime in America is at an all time low? Even in this economic crisis, there are less and less crimes being committed. Teen pregnancy has dropped, teen usage of alcohol and drugs has also dropped.

The economic crisis happened not because of our system, but because of the lack of regulation in Wall Street and the greed of those people.

Race isn't as big an issue as people would like you to believe either. Yes of course there are racially motivated crimes in America but in a country where you have 350 million people and so many diverse ethnic groups, there is bound to have something happen.

For the record, Europe is in much WORSE shape economically than America. Look at Spain and Greece alone, they are on the verge of economic collapse and since the Euro is shared as a currency, that would worry me. I understand England doesn't have the Euro but this economic crisis will effect ALL European countries.

you said

"The economic crisis happened not because of our system, but because of the lack of regulation in Wall Street and the greed of those people."

you do realise that the selling of sub prime mortages to those who couldn't afford to pay it was one of the main reasons behind the crisis. not to mention the lax regulation of financial derivatives. so the system failed miserably.

Comment

you said

"The economic crisis happened not because of our system, but because of the lack of regulation in Wall Street and the greed of those people."

you do realise that the selling of sub prime mortages to those who couldn't afford to pay it was one of the main reasons behind the crisis. not to mention the lax regulation of financial derivatives. so the system failed miserably.
                      It wasn't the system in the way it was originally intended. It was the de regulation of wall street which allowed these things to happen. Human greed caused this.

Comment

Working...
                      X