Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does America tolerate far right commentators like Glenn Beck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    Glenn Beck to me isn't even the biggest threat to rational thinking in America, it's by far Rush Limbaugh. If you think Beck has a following, look up Rush Limbaugh, he is 10x as big.

He has direct influence over members of congress, so much so that there have been politicians who have APOLOGIZED after being chastised by Limbaugh.

American politics are moving to the fringes, there is less and less compromise and rational thought, and more and more extremism. The problem is, America is full of idiots so it's easy to sway them, just like you would herd sheep for the slaughter.
    quoted for truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      rush is not what he use to be.

rush was even more influential 20 years ago.

that fool back then had more listeners than howard stern and his books were bestsellers.
      You couldn't be more wrong, because back then he was seen as just a radio personality but as someone already pointed out, some believe he is the mouth piece of the Republican party. Like I said, he had the head of the RNC apologize for comments he made that weren't 100% in line with the Tea Party........that's fukin insane.

Comment

Glenn Beck to me isn't even the biggest threat to rational thinking in America, it's by far Rush Limbaugh. If you think Beck has a following, look up Rush Limbaugh, he is 10x as big.

He has direct influence over members of congress, so much so that there have been politicians who have APOLOGIZED after being chastised by Limbaugh.

American politics are moving to the fringes, there is less and less compromise and rational thought, and more and more extremism. The problem is, America is full of idiots so it's easy to sway them, just like you would herd sheep for the slaughter.
        thats pretty funny man, thats how alot of people from here see americans as being.

Comment

Because he is just a comedian, also there are not that many hardcore conservatives in real life.

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong, because back then he was seen as just a radio personality but as someone already pointed out, some believe he is the mouth piece of the Republican party. Like I said, he had the head of the RNC apologize for comments he made that weren't 100% in line with the Tea Party........that's fukin insane.
            nope.

he was called the voice of the republican party back during the clinton days too.

it's peaks and valleys with him.

when bush jr. took over his profile went down a bit. then when obama got elected it started going up again.

and rnc head apologized to him because he was dumb enough to criticize limbaugh.

the rnc heads before never did. they kissed his ass royally back then.

trust me. rush during the clinton days was very very high profile and very influential in republican politics. more so than now imo.

rush's controversies with his wives (plural) and drug addictions a few years back hurt him a little with his religious right base.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
              thats pretty funny man, thats how alot of people from here see americans as being.
              The reality is there are a lot of very intelligent people here in America, some of the smartest people on earth to be honest. Unfortunately there are also a lot of people that just follow because it's what they know, they aren't open to change.

Anything other than the typical "American way of life" is viewed as a direct attack on them.

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              nope.

he was called the voice of the republican party back during the clinton days too.

it's peaks and valleys with him.

when bush jr. took over his profile went down a bit. then when obama got elected it started going up again.

and rnc head apologized to him because he was dumb enough to criticize limbaugh.

the rnc heads before never did. they kissed his ass royally back then.

trust me. rush during the clinton days was very very high profile and very influential in republican politics. more so than now imo.

rush's controversies with his wives (plural) and drug addictions a few years back hurt him a little with his religious right base.
              Well, we can disagree...the truth is, his influence right now is greater than Beck and he has direct influence on Republican politicians.

The difference between now and then, is the Tea Party's influence now and how Rush Limbaugh has become the mouth piece for them.

They are organized more so now than ever and I think that's the biggest difference.

Comment

Well, we can disagree...the truth is, his influence right now is greater than Beck and he has direct influence on Republican politicians.

The difference between now and then, is the Tea Party's influence now and how Rush Limbaugh has become the mouth piece for them.

They are organized more so now than ever and I think that's the biggest difference.
                ronald reagan himself called rush limbaugh "the voice of the republican party" at the time.

when limbaugh got married in the 90's , U.S. SUPREME COURT JUSTICE clarence thomas did the ceremony.

rush limbaugh was very influential in the mid-term elections in 1994. he raised a lot of money for the republicans and he organized a lot of his listeners/followers to campaign for republican candidates to gain control of the house and senate to oppose bill clinton.

when the republicans won the house and senate for the 1st time in 40+ years , the republicans made him a honorary member of the congress because he was seen as so helpful to their campaign.

back then limbaugh has a tv show and 2 bestselling books along with his radio show.

he was much more influential and powerful.

now rush limbaugh is the mouthpiece for the tea party faction of the republican party.

back then rush limbaugh was the mouthpiece for the republican party itself.

Comment

It's unfortunate that you guys have no idea what Glenn Beck is all about. No clue.

All you know is what you hear from a biased liberal media. You buy it and you parrot what your told completely devoid of the very rational thought you claim to have. When Bill Maher does the thinking for you, you have a problem. You guys seem to be so proud of your "rational thinking". Your crowd of elite "rational thinkers" is the very crowd that voted in a President with NO qualifications primarily because he is a black man. Read that last sentence one more time. I would suggest you rethink the whole notion about what incredible and superior rational thinkers you are.

Listen Glenn Beck will tell you time and time again to not take his word for it but to do the research and to confirm it for yourself. You might not agree with him and that would be fine. But when you have people say the vile things they say it is crystal clear, CRYSTAL CLEAR that they have NO IDEA what they're talking about and have been simply trained to repeat an agenda based vilification as expected. The very proof of this is evident when people try to label him as a racist. It's sad really that so many people are so devoid of the ability to think for themselves relying on what they're told from an agenda based and a bias media (from either party).

How many of you have ever actually watched his television show? I doubt that any of you have and yet still offer up an opinion as if it were fact. (I point to the tv show, now GBTV.com, because his radio show is much more "entertainment based") The guy is an honorable man (not without flaws) with whom you might not agree but an honorable man nonetheless. As "rational thinkers", if you don't get that then I guess we'll have to disagree...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                    It's unfortunate that you guys have no idea what Glenn Beck is all about. No clue.

All you know is what you hear from a biased liberal media. You buy it and you parrot what your told completely devoid of the very rational thought you claim to have. When Bill Maher does the thinking for you, you have a problem. You guys seem to be so proud of your "rational thinking". Your crowd of elite "rational thinkers" is the very crowd that voted in a President with NO qualifications primarily because he is a black man. Read that last sentence one more time. I would suggest you rethink the whole notion about what incredible and superior rational thinkers you are.

Listen Glenn Beck will tell you time and time again to not take his word for it but to do the research and to confirm it for yourself. You might not agree with him and that would be fine. But when you have people say the vile things they say it is crystal clear, CRYSTAL CLEAR that they have NO IDEA what they're talking about and have been simply trained to repeat an agenda based vilification as expected. The very proof of this is evident when people try to label him as a racist. It's sad really that so many people are so devoid of the ability to think for themselves relying on what they're told from an agenda based and a bias media (from either party).

How many of you have ever actually watched his television show? I doubt that any of you have and yet still offer up an opinion as if it were fact. (I point to the tv show, now GBTV.com, because his radio show is much more "entertainment based") The guy is an honorable man (not without flaws) with whom you might not agree but an honorable man nonetheless. As "rational thinkers", if you don't get that then I guess we'll have to disagree...
                    We are idiots because We don't understand Glenn Beck?

I have watched his show AND heard his radio show, he's a COMPLETE FUKIN MORON WHO PRAYS ON DUMBASSES LIKE YOU.

He is a televangelist, that's what he has boiled down to. He has now ventured to the land of religious preaching as he did today on his show for over a FUKIN HOUR about how the Palestinians are wrong and have evil on their side and Israel and the Jews have God on their side.

He is an instigator and preaches what people like you want to hear, it's a simple formula for success in this country. The same way Michelle Bachman is "Standing up to the democrats" and isn't willing to budge because that's what the Tea Party wants to see and what people like you will vote for.

When Fox News fires you, there has to be a problem. I mean Beck got too loony for the loony channel.

The guy has called Obama a racist, he has cried on TV like a televangelist, he's nothing more than a clown who will do anything to get ratings and attention. He has distorted and gotten so many FACTS wrong and presented things in such a biased and slanted way, he is contributing nothing but propaganda to people like you.

The bolded shows how stupid you really are if you believe that nonsense....

Comment

Why do you care? Its just a tv show for entertainment. You can choose to watch or not. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

Not sure what you're going on about by using words like "tolerate". He is protected by the 1st amendment and has a right to say what he pleases.

You sound like a fascist mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X