No announcement yet.

The Official God & Religion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    For the same reason people say "goddammit" when they are frustrated. The term god is part of our vocabulary and is used in different ways in different circumstances. Like people saying "Jesus Christ!" when seeing a gigantic pair of ****. Or "Oh my God" when seeing how cheap prostitutes are in Manchester.
    Exactly. When I stub my toe and yell "JESUS FUCKED A WHORE!" I am definitely not being pious.

Say PIG, I watched Stephen Hawkins on Curiosity last evening. Quite interesting.

Brilliant minds abound. The problem is they are all trying to find GOD in Matter and energy. They will never find God in Matter or energy, Matter and energy is a result of God's creation.
    It's Stephen Hawking. And if you really bothered to watch him you would know that his position is that the current laws of physics and experimental observations mean that god is unnecessary hypothesis when it comes to origins. Therefore there is no reason to postulate such a thing when discussing where we came from.

Here's another example: As you heat a liquid the energy in the liquid increases. As it approaches its boiling point the molecules become energetic enough to challenge the bonds of force between the molecules. When the energy gets to a critical point an invisible and totally undetectable enthalpy goblin uses his magic scissors to cut the bonds and allow the bubbles of gas in nucleate boiling to form.

The goblin does not exist in matter or energy. He exists only in his magic scissors. He adds nothing to the theory, he leaves no evidence of his presence and there is no reason therefore to keep him in the theory. He is left out as the rest of the theory has sufficient power to explain what is happening in a boiling liquid at a molecular level.

I thought it super interesting that to go back as far as possible to their big bang theory that they said or he said before the bang there was nothing.

This is it !!! This is where I get off the train, that train takes you into constant circles and you WILL NEVER go anywhere but round and round.
    People who thought that Thor was calling down thunder in order to fight giants probably got off the train when their preconceptions were challenged too.

God was before or existed IN FRONT of the beginning.
    What existed in front of God? Or is this special pleading? Why does god need to appear "in front" of the beginning? Hawking has established that "in front" of the beginning makes no sense as a concept. I mean for starters you are making some very naive assumptions about space and time.

There are a host of scripture that states this very thing.
    I place as much value in scripture as you find molecules of active ingredient in a 200c homeopathic medicine.

God is Spirit , PNEUMA, and has not matter as you and I see fell or hear.
    "Pneuma" is Greek for breath or wind, which Greeks considered to be "spirit" but which is well known to be made up of gaseous molecules being acted upon by kinetic forces. Way to try and confuse me with fancy theological terms and end up utterly failing.

Does the spirit of man have matter ????????? When the spirit of man leaves this body what is its matter ??? Look deep into your spirit and locate its matter. When a man dies on a table he doesn't disappear but something leaves him, life leaves him, the spirit of man is in that life. The body tabernacles or host that spirit, cut off a limb and you don't cut off the spirit, stop the heart and the host is over but the spirit leaves, it never dies, it goes back to the one who made it.
    [citation needed]

The void in your heart is deep, scarred, dark, fear over takes you , fear of the unknown.
    Not really. I mean to me the unknown is a simple fact of life. I don't fear the unknown just because I don't know it, that's ridiculous. I suppose that's why I don't feel the need to invent imaginary explanations for the unknown and then pretend that anyone not sharing your invention is going to be horribly punished.

There is no peace for the wicked. The spirit inside you does not know and does not have peace, peace in the midst of turmoil , peace in distress , peace in times of the storms of life , uncertainty comes not from test tube experiments or calculations of men but only from the ONE who can calm the heart, our maker God Almighty.
    This is just babble.

God was before or IN FRONT Of the BEGINNING. God said and from NOTHING it appeared.
    According to the legends of bronze age Middle Eastern goat herders who formed part of the tapestry of ignorance from which the Bible was woven.

GOD made the firmament translated expanse or SPACE and in this space he placed all the stars and can number them and can name each and every one, you can't.
    You're just making this up.

You can't even make a frog, or a weed or a snail or a whale, you can't make any form of life but GOD DID.
    Frogs, weeds, snails and whales make frogs, weeds, snails and whales all the time. I admit, I can't make any of those things but I can make **** sapiens.

God placed the expanse around the earth and made the sun and moon , gravity and put them in orbit around the sun to provide seasons.
    Where does it say that in the bible? I'll give you a clue: it doesn't. There is no information in the bible that was beyond the comprehension of superstition bronze and iron age illiterates.

You will NEVER find God in a test tube
    Or anywhere else for that matter.

, you are still in the box, and will all the rhetoric you put back on this it will never give you peace. Man will never find GOD in a box or test tube, God designed us to be in the box of causality. That there is a time and place for everything, but not GOD.
    And this is not addressed in the bible either, because for superstitious bronze age goat herders asking "where did the world come from?" the insistence that an angry paternalistic surrogate human did it was all the explanation required.

Eternity neither has a beginning nor and ending, God has neither a beginning nor and ending, for lack of terms, God created TIME SPACE MATTER AND ENERGY as a spot in Eternity and declared to KNOW:

THE END FROM THE BEGINNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If all time, space, matter and energy is a finite point in all of eternity then in fact it does not exist. Because there is eternity both before and after the point therefore the point never happens.

God is there waiting on you, you are not the chiefest of sinners, don't wait too late, when you die you cut off all possible redemption
    What a nice image you have painted of your angry and jealous god lying in wait for the time that it's too late after I die so he can punish me for accidentally requiring my worldview to actually reflect my view of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      From poster GranTorino, this needs a lot more views.

That GranTorino is one HELL of a good looking man! Big, strong, beefy! What's not to love?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        For the same reason people say "goddammit" when they are frustrated. The term god is part of our vocabulary and is used in different ways in different circumstances. Like people saying "Jesus Christ!" when seeing a gigantic pair of ****. Or "Oh my God" when seeing how cheap prostitutes are in Manchester.
        I think it's more like this: The very thought of knowing that you're near death causes you to experience your own frailty. It's inherent in all of us to cling onto something comforting in times of disaster. Since most everyone in the World have some concept of "GOD," I believe our minds instinctively know who to search for during crisis. And that is our Creator. (GOD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
          I think it's more like this: The very thought of knowing that you're near death causes you to experience your own frailty. It's inherent in all of us to cling onto something comforting in times of disaster. Since most everyone in the World have some concept of "GOD," I believe our minds instinctively know who to search for during crisis. And that is our Creator. (GOD)

You believe in pretty much anything which is stupid. Anything which requires any degree of stupidity to be gullible enough to put your faith in, you're right there at the front believing it.

So you're wrong Bobby Lee alt.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            You believe in pretty much anything which is stupid. Anything which requires any degree of stupidity to be gullible enough to put your faith in, you're right there at the front believing it.

So you're wrong Lady Fan.
            Wow, Can you get any meaner than that?

Comment

Wow, Can you get any meaner than that?

I can Bobby Lee alt, but I'm going to bed now to dream atheist dreams about Richard Dawkins' new musical.

Comment

I can Bobby Lee alt, but I'm going to bed now to dream atheist dreams about Richard Dawkins' new musical.
                Why do you keep calling me a Bobby Lee alt? If I'm not mistaken, the infamous Bobby Lee isn't Religious. Keep guessing until you get it right.

Comment

Exactly. When I stub my toe and yell "JESUS FUCKED A WHORE!" I am definitely not being pious.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

So you're wrong Bobby Lee alt.
                  Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Much loling woz dun ere.

Comment

Yes. Belief in God can be a comforting self-delusion. Just as some women believed that Ted Bundy would make the perfect boyfriend whilst he was on death row. Its bollocks, but it makes u feel better.

I doubt very much an atheist would call out to God if they believed God would send them to hell for all the many decades of sinning and disbelief.

Thats kinda like a rapist calling the police because a whore stole his crack pipe.

Comment

Why do you keep calling me a Bobby Lee alt? If I'm not mistaken, the infamous Bobby Lee isn't Religious. Keep guessing until you get it right.

Comment

Working...
                      X