Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fulfilled bible prophecies that are clearly evident today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't you guys just believe your book of folklore and superstition and just leave everyone else the Froch alone who doesn't want to or heard the message and says nah this doesn't sound to likely?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Why can't you guys just believe your book of folklore and superstition and just leave everyone else the Froch alone who doesn't want to or heard the message and says nah this doesn't sound to likely?
      Preach, brother Spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Its funny how many of the people on this board look forward to Squeal replying to religious threads so that they can feel more comfortable with themselves or their way of life absent of God. Like Squeals response will make any difference to what is going to happen to you after you die. If anything he is deceiving all of you who hold fast to his words. I posted for you prophecy from the bible which can clearly be seen today, without you needing approval from Squeal to figure it out, just use your own objective mind and it is clear as day.

The Gospel is preached all over the world today as predicted two thousand years ago.

The Jews were and still are scattered all over the world.

Read the book of Isaiah chapter 53 which was written before Jesus, and tell me who that sounds like.
        Not gonna get into any more long posts about religion, I simply dont have the energy. My thing is, if you gone come into the lounge to preach, you better be prepared for some backlash from non-believers.

Comment

The prophecy still holds true today for whatever reason it was achieved through.
          No it doesn't. You suggested that "everyone" will have been told of "the word" and that the popularity of the bible today fulfills the prophecy. In reality Christianity has fully waxed and is waning worldwide as islam and secularism take over.

I have no idea what you are attempting to get at with this post.
          You're making the hilarious claim that the "fulfillment of prophecies" in the new testament means that the Old Testament made testable predictions. It's like picking the winner after the race and insisting that the bookie should pay up.

Jews being scattered all over the world is a connection that certainly exists.
          The crux of this section of your post was numerology. Seventy times Seven years that blah blah blah.... A convincing biblical prediction would be this:

In the year that will be called 1995 a leader for peace will be cut down, and his name shall be Isaac.

Or Yitzhak. As in Yitzhak Rabin.

But no such predictions are ever made. If God really was worth all this adulation he would have put into the bible the instructions for making ammonium based fertiliser and also mentioned something about microbes causing disease.

I'll leave it up to you to find out those dates.
          Let the record show that despite claiming that Psalm 22 predates crucifixion, the claimant is unable or unwilling to provide dates for either.

Comment

Its funny how many of the people on this board look forward to Squeal replying to religious threads so that they can feel more comfortable with themselves or their way of life absent of God. Like Squeals response will make any difference to what is going to happen to you after you die. If anything he is deceiving all of you who hold fast to his words. I posted for you prophecy from the bible which can clearly be seen today, without you needing approval from Squeal to figure it out, just use your own objective mind and it is clear as day.

The Gospel is preached all over the world today as predicted two thousand years ago.

The Jews were and still are scattered all over the world.

Read the book of Isaiah chapter 53 which was written before Jesus, and tell me who that sounds like.
            I am Catholic. I loathe bible thumpers and the religious right who seem bent on literal interpretations of words men wrote in a dead language from a perspective we can barely imagine.

God should have selected from among his less sanctimonious and hypocritical. Or had you forgotten that you pilloried your friend with several personal quotes from facebook? Blackguard.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
              so does New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys

****ing Carrot Top has a fan club.

Seriously?

thats all you have?

you mean followers as disciples

no one is worshiping a wooden wheelchair in the Church of Dawkins
              Umm... are you confusing Dawkins with Stephen Hawking?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Yeah that already happened in the Black Death 700 years ago ad guess what.... We're still here.
                The black death wiped out 1/4 or 1/3 of the European population, not that of the world and that prophecy was concerning end times.

This description sounds exactly like an event that isn't caused by a nuclear attack and certainly doesn't have any resemblance to a nuclear winter which is caused by the sun being blocked by clouds of ash and debris.
                1/3 of the earth will be burned, or did you miss that part? When did you become an expert on the bible and its prophecies?

Notice that the major description here is the damage that the "asteroid" (it would be a meteor, but you haven't let reality hinder you so far) does to the sea... a large scale meteor hitting the sea would affect humanity through massive tsunamis, not by killing fish and disrupting shipping.
                First off it could be an asteroid, meteor, or comet, I am delighted however that you took your chance at attempting to discredit what I wrote by making an inference that did not prove me wrong whatsoever by me saying asteroid. (Out of curiosity what makes you say it would be a meteor over an asteroid?)

Any who so you are now explaining away prophecies before they even happen? Boy you are something else. Did you ever take into account an asteroid from outer space hitting the oceans might have a chemical substance that would affect life? Time will tell.

So we have fire falling from the sky, a large scale plague and poisoned seas and rivers. This is really nothing that wouldn't be a fear for anyone living in the pre-science Middle East.
                This is going to affect the whole world.

And by what mechanism would "a third of the stars" be rendered dark? Let me guess: You're going to say "magic" aren't you?
                A third of the sun and moon will be darkened as well, or 1/3 of light will be taken away.

The mechanism by which this could happen is no secret

"Nuclear winter is a predicted climatic effect of nuclear war. It has been theorized that severely cold weather and reduced sunlight for a period of months or even years could be caused by detonating large numbers of nuclear weapons, especially over flammable targets such as cities, where large amounts of smoke and soot would be ejected into the Earth's stratosphere. Similar climatic effects can be caused by a comet or asteroid impact"
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Really? Who are these two prophets? Or does God not deign to tell you?
                Revelations 11

So you're saying that "the beast" is a metaphor for the worldwide currency we don't yet have but are presumably about to get, whereas the six days of creation and the talking snake were literally true?
                The beast is a worldwide kingdom, as well as the antichrist.

Why would the microchip be in your forehead or in your hand? The forehead seems an awfully difficult place to put a microchip. So much skin and not enough flesh. And considering that RFID technology means that you can scan such chips from several yards away there would be no need to place the chips in such hard to reach places. Into your neck would be a good place or into your buttocks if they're after a fleshy area of the body.

Did God not know this at the time he was inspiring John of Patmos to have an insane rant?
                You are not arguing that currency can be stored on an RFID chip, (Because it very well can) you arguing with me the place it would be inserted? Why are you asking me that question, I posted for you what the bible prophesied not what I prophesied.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                  I am Catholic. I loathe bible thumpers and the religious right who seem bent on literal interpretations of words men wrote in a dead language from a perspective we can barely imagine.

God should have selected from among his less sanctimonious and hypocritical. Or had you forgotten that you pilloried your friend with several personal quotes from facebook? Blackguard.
                  You being catholic does not make you automatically Christian, and what exactly do you not like being taking literal about the bible, examples? And quite the catholic you are by excitedly awaiting Squeals arrival into this thread so he could rip your religion apart.

Second I never claimed to be perfect, I only claim that I realized the truth. In real life I do not openly express being Christian, because I do not want others to get the wrong idea of what a Christian is. I am still struggling with becoming a full Christian, it is very hard to give up the world. However that has no bearance in this thread, and what was written about the kid from facebook, was my annoyances about him that went well hand in hand in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    No it doesn't. You suggested that "everyone" will have been told of "the word" and that the popularity of the bible today fulfills the prophecy. In reality Christianity has fully waxed and is waning worldwide as islam and secularism take over.
                    I like your word play, "I suggested that everyone". No I said the gospel would be preached all over the world. And it is not me who suggested it, it was Matthew 24:12. I am starting to think that it is not your weak reading comprehension, but your deliberate hate which causes you to lie and deceive.

You're making the hilarious claim that the "fulfillment of prophecies" in the new testament means that the Old Testament made testable predictions. It's like picking the winner after the race and insisting that the bookie should pay up.
                    Prophecies like the gospel being preached all over the world, and the jews being scattered all over the world are clearly seen today.

The crux of this section of your post was numerology. Seventy times Seven years that blah blah blah.... A convincing biblical prediction would be this:

In the year that will be called 1995 a leader for peace will be cut down, and his name shall be Isaac.

Or Yitzhak. As in Yitzhak Rabin.

But no such predictions are ever made. If God really was worth all this adulation he would have put into the bible the instructions for making ammonium based fertiliser and also mentioned something about microbes causing disease.

"This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand." (Matthew 13:13)

Let the record show that despite claiming that Psalm 22 predates crucifixion, the claimant is unable or unwilling to provide dates for either.
                    If you do not want to take my word for it, you can look up the dates yourself.
                    Last edited by Enayze; 07-20-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

You being catholic does not make you automatically Christian, and what exactly do you not like being taking literal about the bible, examples? And quite the catholic you are by excitedly awaiting Squeals arrival into this thread so he could rip your religion apart.

Second I never claimed to be perfect, I only claim that I realized the truth. In real life I do not openly express being Christian, because I do not want others to get the wrong idea of what a Christian is. I am still struggling with becoming a full Christian, it is very hard to give up the world. However that has no bearance in this thread, and what was written about the kid from facebook, was my annoyances about him that went well hand in hand in the thread.
                      Good, because I never want to be associated with that rout. I do not and have never considered myself a 'Christian' by your standards.

People who interpret things literally lose the spirit of the message. But there is an end of my debate. Good night, and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X