Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Freddie Mercury the greatest male-vocalist of All-Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    If you go by those standards you can't rely deny Nat King Cole

Nat King Cole was amazing, IMO he never showed the range because he really did one time of music.

There's a lot of great vocalists and I liked you bringing up MJ, he's slept on a lot. Prince also has a unique range and voice, I can't think of anyone that can sing like him and does so many different types of music.

Comment

lol, prince totally slipped my mind. I love that dude.

Ville Valo is still the greatest imo. What Mariah Carey is to the female game. Ville Valo is to the male game. You got all these guys who only sing head voice now-days. It's quite sad tbh. Then you stumble across Ville Valo, dude is like nothing I have ever heard before.

If that one is too low of sound, then try this.

HIM is love metal, that's what they(themselves) call it. But for a rock band, nothing sounds like this. It's always screaming with no singing talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Nat King Cole was amazing, IMO he never showed the range because he really did one time of music.

There's a lot of great vocalists and I liked you bringing up MJ, he's slept on a lot. Prince also has a unique range and voice, I can't think of anyone that can sing like him and does so many different types of music.
        True, there's a **** ton indeed. Question is weather one goes for range, smoothness or uniqueness in the voice.

I mean range sure you got Freddie up there by far
        Smoothness in the voice sure Danny Hathaway as you posted Nat King Cole or Sinatra might reign surprime there..
        Uniqueness.. MJ, Louis Armstrong, Cobain etc ?
        Most powerful voices you got Pavarotti, Bocelli etc..

Question is whether there's one single person who's numero uno on all these fronts?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          True, there's a **** ton indeed. Question is weather one goes for range, smoothness or uniqueness in the voice.

I mean range sure you got Freddie up there by far
          Smoothness in the voice sure Danny Hathaway as you posted Nat King Cole or Sinatra might reign surprime there..
          Uniqueness.. MJ, Louis Armstrong, Cobain etc ?
          Most powerful voices you got Pavarotti, Bocelli etc..

Question is whether there's one single person who's numero uno on all these fronts?
          Exactly my man, that's why there is no such thing as #1 anything because at the end of the day its about taste and uniqueness.

Check this woman out, she is an Egyptian born woman of Italian descent. One of my friends in the music industry said she has one of the most amazing voices ever. She recorded in a time where there was no "cleaning" up of vocal tracks. Her voice has incredible range and tone.

I don't know what this song talks about but I like it, it's very sad at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Exactly my man, that's why there is no such thing as #1 anything because at the end of the day its about taste and uniqueness.

Check this woman out, she is an Egyptian born woman of Italian descent. One of my friends in the music industry said she has one of the most amazing voices ever. She recorded in a time where there was no "cleaning" up of vocal tracks. Her voice has incredible range and tone.

I don't know what this song talks about but I like it, it's very sad at the end.

Great one, and good point. There's some absolutely amazing french and italian opera singers and middle eastern talents.

Just listening to classics like Bizet or Ave Maria some of those singers can give you goosebumps!

Comment

You can't really compare operatic rock and roll singers with soul legends and come out with a "winner."

They were both the best at what they did.

And music is about personal tastes as well. Frank had a nice voice, and Sammy Hagar has a much more powerful voice. Is Hagar automatically a better singer? Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                You can't really compare operatic rock and roll singers with soul legends and come out with a "winner."

They were both the best at what they did.

And music is about personal tastes as well. Frank had a nice voice, and Sammy Hagar has a much more powerful voice. Is Hagar automatically a better singer? Hell no.

My favorite genre would be jazz. So i understand the soul sound and all that.

However, I haven't heard such a marvelous voice like Ville Vallo. His range, the seamlessness between, the delivery and he has passion.

Concerning who is the best. That is subjective as if you don't like rock music, or you don't like country, or you don't like old R&b then you wouldn't think singers from that category could be the best.

I personally like all genres. even country and blue grass. I do prefer artists to genres and songs to artists. However, I listen to the whole spectrum. And still see Ville Vallo as the best one my ears have ever heard. From sinatra to the scat scene, from mariah carey to johnny cash. Keith sweat to yoko kanno.

So it would be whatever the best is for you, yourself. And mine is Ville Vallo.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 07-18-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Mercury is great but there are many greats from all time. So I voted no!

Comment

It's clearly Tom Waits.

Comment

Yes, He is.

Comment

Working...
                      X