Breaking Bad[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Preach it!

It's ludicrous that Breaking Bad didn't win best drama for season 3. You're probably right that they won't get it for last season either, even though nothing else is remotely close. Probably Game of Thrones will get it, just because Emmy voters will know the hype behind it.
    I doubt Game of Thrones would get it either because it's fantasy based and anything fantasy based the Academy turns their nose against. I've said it before and I'll say it again, their voting system is broken. I'd like to see anything other than Mad Men to win. I just don't understand the love for Mad Men. I watch it from time to time because my fiancee loves the show but I just don't get it.

BTW, if Jim Parsons of The Big Bang Theory wins again I'll punch a wall. I still can't believe that Nick Offerman wasn't nominated for his iconic performance as Ron Swanson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
      I doubt Game of Thrones would get it either because it's fantasy based and anything fantasy based the Academy turns their nose against. I've said it before and I'll say it again, their voting system is broken. I'd like to see anything other than Mad Men to win. I just don't understand the love for Mad Men. I watch it from time to time because my fiancee loves the show but I just don't get it.

BTW, if Jim Parsons of The Big Bang Theory wins again I'll punch a wall. I still can't believe that Nick Offerman wasn't nominated for his iconic performance as Ron Swanson.
      I thought Mad Men wasn't eligible this year? If it is, then never mind about Game of Thrones. The Emmy voters refuse to vote for anything other than Mad Men.

Comment

• emmys are worthless in my eyes due to the fact that the greatest television show ever made The Wire, did not win a single emmy.

Emmys much like the oscars are a highly politicized. Look how long it took scorsese to win an oscar. david fincher has been robbed several times already.

Its very politicized. Look at how many times 30 rock has won or mad men. Shows that deserve to win dont win because they are in the wrong network.

Comment

• Cranston just got robbed at the Emmy's, bullcrap!

Comment

• Jesse beat out Gus at the emmy's....i'm sad since this was Giancarlo's only shot....but Aaron deserved it too.

Can't believe Cranston didn't get it......the episode he submitted was the best he's ever been....I'm sensing a Homeland domination like in the Golden Globes...

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              emmys are worthless in my eyes due to the fact that the greatest television show ever made The Wire, did not win a single emmy.

Emmys much like the oscars are a highly politicized. Look how long it took scorsese to win an oscar. david fincher has been robbed several times already.

Its very politicized. Look at how many times 30 rock has won or mad men. Shows that deserve to win dont win because they are in the wrong network.
              TBH the times that 30 Rock won, it was definitely the best comedy of its respective years. IMO Parks and Recreation has been destroying it as of late but yet no nominations with the exception of last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Cranston just got robbed at the Emmy's, bullcrap!
                Damn, seriously? WHAT DA FUK?! Damian Lewis won? Cranston's performance in Crawl Space is the apex, the pinnacle, the cream of the crop of true acting and he still lost? The Academy must really not like the show. At least Paul won, even though Giancarlo Esposito deserved it more.

Comment

• DAMN. Homeland beat Mad Men. But still, if Breaking Bad didn't win this year, it's never going to win. But still, the Academy's way of choosing winners is highly myopic. If it isn't about the old days (Mad Men), or political (Homeland, 24), or about stereotypes (The Sopranos) shit isn't going to win. The last time a show won just based on originality, writing, and acting was Lost and it won during its first AND best season.

I'll have to check Homeland out though.

Comment

• called that Homeland win.......

Claire Danes elevates that show...but it isn't better than BB...oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                      TBH the times that 30 Rock won, it was definitely the best comedy of its respective years. IMO Parks and Recreation has been destroying it as of late but yet no nominations with the exception of last year.
                      i disagree. 30rock won because of the network its in & the fact that tina fey is a emmy darling.

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                      Damn, seriously? WHAT DA FUK?! Damian Lewis won? Cranston's performance in Crawl Space is the apex, the pinnacle, the cream of the crop of true acting and he still lost? The Academy must really not like the show. At least Paul won, even though Giancarlo Esposito deserved it more.
                      i tried to tell you these awards show are highly politicized & the proper winners get shafted on a yearly basis.

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                      DAMN. Homeland beat Mad Men. But still, if Breaking Bad didn't win this year, it's never going to win. But still, the Academy's way of choosing winners is highly myopic. If it isn't about the old days (Mad Men), or political (Homeland, 24), or about stereotypes (The Sopranos) shit isn't going to win. The last time a show won just based on originality, writing, and acting was Lost and it won during its first AND best season.

I'll have to check Homeland out though.
                      homeland is a great show but its not better than breaking bad or mad men.

Comment

Working...
                      X