No announcement yet.

Was the Moon landing legitimate?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    It has to do with money. Moon landings are expensive.

The US didn't have a huge budget deficit and public debt in the late 1960s.
    Do you know the cost of Apollo missions in today dollar terms?(I don’t know, I am asking).

However, it has been a near 40 years since the “moon” landing. 40 years is such a long time. Technology should and most likely have improved and should have made the journey much easier and cheaper (Like with most things). I cannot name anything that has stagnated from a technology viewpoint since the 1970s.

Do you find it weird that moon landings will be 50 years apart?

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
      Do you know the cost of Apollo missions in today dollar terms?(I don’t know, I am asking).

However, it has been a near 40 years since the “moon” landing. 40 years is such a long time. Technology should and most likely have improved and should have made the journey much easier and cheaper (Like with most things). I cannot name anything that has stagnated from a technology viewpoint since the 1970s.

Then, a total of about 50 billion dollars. In today's dollars, several hundreds of billions of dollars.

They won't spend that much on space exploration anymore. It would cost much less to go to Mars then the more than a trillion dollars spent on the unnessary and destructive war in Iraq.

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
      Do you find it weird that moon landings will be 50 years apart?
      Yes, it's weird that they will be 50 years apart. It's an indication of how much stronger, richer and healthier the US was 40-50 years ago, and how they've been declining ever since then.

Comment

Working...
      X