Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is sex more offensive than violence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is sex more offensive than violence?

Violence on tv, movies, video games....its everywhere and easily accessible. But you put 2 people ****in on tv or in a movie, its suddenly offensive and almost ban worthy?

Sex is essential to human survival and violence serves almost the opposite purpose. My question is why we as a society would rather show our children a movie depicting a guys head gettng blown off rather than something as beautiful as 2 (sometimes 3 or 4) people having sex?

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
    Violence on tv, movies, video games....its everywhere and easily accessible. But you put 2 people ****in on tv or in a movie, its suddenly offensive and almost ban worthy?

Sex is essential to human survival and violence serves almost the opposite purpose. My question is why we as a society would rather show our children a movie depicting a guys head gettng blown off rather than something as beautiful as 2 (sometimes 3 or 4) people having sex?
    You can thank the same generation that has marijuana illegal and alcohol legal. STD's scared the hell out of folkes around that time and anything suggesting free love or encouraging sexual behaviour has been frowned upon since.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post

I have never understood that myself. christian fundamentalists probably feeling guilty about something. To me it's more abhorrent to depict violence than sex. Violence only destroys while sex can be an edifying and life affirming and producing thing.

Comment

Guns take lives The male genital on the other hand creates it

Comment

Do you have any daughters? If you did would you rather her watch a Jackie Chan fight scene or a movie where someone jumps in the sack with everyone they meet?
          I do understand the idea behind your question because a scene with someone making love should not be placed by censors along side a scene where someone is blowing off someone's hear with a shotgun.
          But at the same time I realize the tv and motion picture industries are using sex to sell and perhaps there should be some control.

Comment

yeah its weird you watch american funniest video and you see people really getting hurt and its funny. and they show lesbian french kissing, its disturbing... and its wrong

Comment

Here's Jon Stewart to put things in perspective...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
              X