No announcement yet.

Burglar stabbed to death - Father and son arrested on murder charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's bullshit.

If they hadn't done anything to that burglar we may have been reading a different story. Like "The Flannagans were a good family, they did not deserve to die like that"...and people defending this would have been like "If it was me I woulda shot all 4 of those bastards!".

Comment

I am not going to recant my previous post, but I kinda understand laws that protect intruders. They're there (aside from giving defense attorneys a living) to protect against people luring potential victims to their homes to commit murder and then elude justice by claiming self defense.

Hopefully, though, the verdict will be in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
        I am not going to recant my previous post, but I kinda understand laws that protect intruders. They're there (aside from giving defense attorneys a living) to protect against people luring potential victims to their homes to commit murder and then elude justice by claiming self defense.

"lure potential victims" .......?

What the fuk are they? Moray eels?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post

Oh really?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            "lure potential victims" .......?

What the fuk are they? Moray eels?
            ??

They could invite someone over, kill them, and then claim they're intruders.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
              ??

They could invite someone over, kill them, and then claim they're intruders.
              #1 - You would have to be a serial killer to want to do that

#2 - What would be the percentage of people willing to do this?

Come on, I hope you guys don't ever become lawyers because you won't win a single case. Worst argument against someone's right to defend themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                #1 - You would have to be a serial killer to want to do that

#2 - What would be the percentage of people willing to do this?

Come on, I hope you guys don't ever become lawyers because you won't win a single case. Worst argument against someone's right to defend themselves...
                Ok, so you think it's fine as long as the percentage of people willing to do this is small

The fact that a serial killer can abuse your version of the law and be easily defend-able by that law is not at all disconcerting.

Comment

****in justice systems a joke

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
                    really?)) you would shoot some1 for breaking into your car?

you r da G bruv.
                    It isn't like that. Look my car, my home, whatever it is mine and when you are doing that I think it's my right to defend it. I wouldn't go out of my way to shoot someone in the head, I'd try to shoot them elsewhere but if they are in my car and all I could shoot was the head, I'd do it. I don't know what that guy has on him and I'm not about to let that person get away with my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                      That's a load of ****. If a burglar dies or gets harmed during the burglary, that should be on him, not the owner of the property. I hope the family gets off, they're just protecting what's theirs. And I hope this incident sends a message to other burglars.
                      Making burglars fair game while they're "at work" so to speak would have the net effect of increasing the level of violence involved in burglaries. It would also require a total suspension of the rights of the individual, which will lead to a police officer shooting them on sight and being roundly criticised as a "fascist" by everybody in this lounge.

Comment

Working...
                      X