• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
      Where's the shrine located? Ireland?

Comment

• How many poor bastards have been mowed down by speeding Motorists whilst praying at that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cokezaghe_Loc View Post
          How many poor bastards have been mowed down by speeding Motorists whilst praying at that?
          no need to look to cross the road when you have faith! what's gonna happen is gonna happen no matter what you do!

Comment

• That looks like blood on it as well. Either Jesus was on his period, or some little rural 12-year-old Paper Boy got flattened by a Semi.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Where's the shrine located? Ireland?
              Hes a Celtic fan...he should be in Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                this is the part where i tell you that while they decuided to include a lottery they didnt change the maximun number of plots alloted to each person thus there was no several athiests, there were only 2 and thy took the maximun number of plots they were allowed to take, leaving 3 for any one else.
                And next year the bulk of the plots will be taken by christians eager to strike back against uppity atheists who are attempting to steal THIS TIME OF YEAR from those poor persecuted god-botherers.

There is a change afoot. The tremendous privilege enjoyed by people in certain christian sects is coming to an end, and the deluded fools are ANGRY about it!

this is also the part where i tell you the memorial is on public ground and i never claimed it was on private ground, just that the crosses were purchased privately and placed there privatly.
                They were placed on government land and used to promote a particular religion in violation of the establishment clause.

as well i can tell you that there were 2 crossed placed to replace the 2 crosses that burned, not 1.
                The first cross burned down and was replaced with another one that also burned down. The new cross is apparently fire proof.

Do you think that non-christian Marines should be forced to accept a particular brand of protestant christianity or they shouldn't be allowed to serve their country? Because that cross and the way it is used is essentially sending that message.

as well i can tell you that you dont grasp or atleast misunderstand the connection between swift and modern science that i was pointing out, as modern science dosnt allways apply the best options when it comes to morality.
                Science is the best method we have of telling us what is true. I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with "morality" (which is a term I dislike - morality always seems to be something to bash people over the head with by pious idiots) because you started going on about baby-eating in the potato famine.

The philosophy of ethics is a far better means of guiding human behaviour. Instead of being a top down imposition based on the imaginary dictates of an imaginary sky-genie it's a negotiated system of expectations dependent on how we treat each other.

as plain points showing that you are misinformed and misunderstood my point most likely due to the fact that you are a human being beliving you are 100% correct.
                There is some truth to the notion that people are hard-wired due to evolution to attempt to win arguments instead of arrive at a more accurate consensus. Scientists are aware of such bias and therefore the process of science is specifically designed to overcome them.

thus proving my point that the real issues troubling humanity isnt athiests or thiests but people belving they are 100% correct.
                It's people believing that for wholly irrational reasons that's the issue. If you won't change your mind when presented with good evidential reasons to do so then you are part of the problem. Which is why religion is such a problem: The highest virtue of religion is in believing in the religion on the basis of zero evidence NO MATTER WHAT. That's why religion is at the centre of so much atrocity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                  just an fyi, but the old testimate was written for a group of nomads known as the isrealites.

with the coming and death of jesus the prophiscies from the book of ishia were fullfilled and a new covenant was written for the salvation of all people.

sooooo......christians dont follow the old testimate and citing passages from the old testimate as a dig against christianity is quite flawwed.

but there are other abrahamic religions that do hold the old testimate to high importance.
                  Are you saying that the Old Testament doesn't apply to christians? Why would you turn your back on Jesus in that way? Jesus was very clear that the Old Testament was entirely true with all of its horror and absurdity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
                    People make too much of these old legends.

I believe in God, but I think much of what's in the Bible is no more credible than Norse or Greek mythology.
                    Plus it's a whole lot less interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      And next year the bulk of the plots will be taken by christians eager to strike back against uppity atheists who are attempting to steal THIS TIME OF YEAR from those poor persecuted god-botherers.

There is a change afoot. The tremendous privilege enjoyed by people in certain christian sects is coming to an end, and the deluded fools are ANGRY about it!

They were placed on government land and used to promote a particular religion in violation of the establishment clause.

The first cross burned down and was replaced with another one that also burned down. The new cross is apparently fire proof.

Do you think that non-christian Marines should be forced to accept a particular brand of protestant christianity or they shouldn't be allowed to serve their country? Because that cross and the way it is used is essentially sending that message.

Science is the best method we have of telling us what is true. I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with "morality" (which is a term I dislike - morality always seems to be something to bash people over the head with by pious idiots) because you started going on about baby-eating in the potato famine.

The philosophy of ethics is a far better means of guiding human behaviour. Instead of being a top down imposition based on the imaginary dictates of an imaginary sky-genie it's a negotiated system of expectations dependent on how we treat each other.

There is some truth to the notion that people are hard-wired due to evolution to attempt to win arguments instead of arrive at a more accurate consensus. Scientists are aware of such bias and therefore the process of science is specifically designed to overcome them.

It's people believing that for wholly irrational reasons that's the issue. If you won't change your mind when presented with good evidential reasons to do so then you are part of the problem. Which is why religion is such a problem: The highest virtue of religion is in believing in the religion on the basis of zero evidence NO MATTER WHAT. That's why religion is at the centre of so much atrocity.
                      again thank you for proving my point.

for the second time now.....theres 2 crosses on the ****ing hill...

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Are you saying that the Old Testament doesn't apply to christians? Why would you turn your back on Jesus in that way? Jesus was very clear that the Old Testament was entirely true with all of its horror and absurdity.
                      untill heaven and earth disapear.....untill everything is accomplished...

what exactly do you think happened when jesus died?

Comment

Working...
                      X