No announcement yet.

thinking bout signing up for the national guard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] thinking bout signing up for the national guard

anyone in the service here??any insight??

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
    anyone in the service here??any insight??
    you can't.

you have a criminal record.

military doesn't take low life scum anymore like they use to in the old days.

plus who the hell is gonna give you an m-16?

i wouldn't trust you with pepper spray. you'd probably eat it.

Comment

Long live larry

Comment

I think you need a clean criminal record for that.

I'm not sure, don't take my word for it.

Comment

If you have a felony then you might have problems getting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            you can't.

you have a criminal record.

military doesn't take low life scum anymore like they use to in the old days.

plus who the hell is gonna give you an m-16?

That's wack.

Lol what if some one genuinely turned their life around and is not a criminal, or some one was wrongfully accused?

But I understand if you want to be a cop, state trooper, security guard, military, you gotta have a clean criminal record but it's just too bad they don't take excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
              That's wack.

Lol what if some one genuinely turned their life around and is not a criminal, or some one was wrongfully accused?

But I understand if you want to be a cop, state trooper, security guard, military, you gotta have a clean criminal record but it's just too bad they don't take excuses.
              I have a friend that pulled a gun out on a lady for her car back when he was 14... They wouldn't let him in, he was 24 when he tried to get in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  That's wack.

you can have your felonies expunged so that it doesn't show up on employer's background check.

it'll still show up on government background checks though.

plus some states like california have limits on how far you can check. that also helps ex-cons. california for example has a 7 year limit. if you haven't been convicted in the past 7 years , you essentially have a clean record.

this is for private employers though. you still would be classified as an ex-con by government agencies looking to hire.

Comment

you can have your felonies expunged so that it doesn't show up on employer's background check.

it'll still show up on government background checks though.

plus some states like california have limits on how far you can check. that also helps ex-cons. california for example has a 7 year limit. if you haven't been convicted in the past 7 years , you essentially have a clean record.

this is for private employers though. you still would be classified as an ex-con by government agencies looking to hire.
                    Poor Larry has no chance then.

Comment

Working...
                    X